[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Are the graphics "too" good? - http://www.doomworld.com Forums

Original message

Jeremy

oranguy@email.com

"Are the graphics "too" good?" , posted Sat 28 Apr 20:07user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

In some wierd sick morbid way, I was hoping the graphics would be kinda... retro. I dont know... its why I like Doom, it was colorfull and a bit cartoonish. The new Doom looks.. F*$^% REAL!! But imagine f perhaps the New Doom ran on.. say an updated Doom engine, or QuakeII engine, it would still have the cartoonishness, and imagine how much more shit you can cram into an engine so shitty! Well, thats just me, lol.

One good thing about the graphics so good.. we wont need Doom the movie, lol.

.-=~Webmaster of Doomgalaxy.com and author of the Doom4 MegaWad~=-.

Replies:

Epistax

god@unitedstates.com

"Re(1):Are the graphics" , posted Wed 2 May 12:45user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

in my opinion if you can't draw a picture in paint and directly implant it into the game, the game is not worthy of the name doom.

----
God is made out of faith.
You have proof there is a god?
Therefore there is not.
- Spake the Mule

Davidoom

davidoomz@hotmail.com
craphead

"Re(1):Are the graphics" , posted Tue 1 May 13:14user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

I want more graphics, when do I want them now.
Wait, I need to upgrade my computer....it doesn't even run NASCAR Racing 3 properly.

=============
NIRVANA 4 EVER
Jeremy has spoken.

--Creator of Doom Ceasion--

CHAINSAW+DGM

CHAINSAW-DGM@TALKCITY.COM

"Re(1):Are the graphics" , posted Mon 30 Apr 01:34user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

quote:
The new Doom looks.. F*$^% REAL!! ...
too good for doom? NO
too good for my computer to run? YES

ALL RIGHT YOU PRIMATIVE SCREW-HEADS LISEN UP
SEE THIS...THIS IS MY BOOMSTICKS!

Lüt

toruonda@home.com

"Re(1):Are the graphics" , posted Sun 29 Apr 21:51user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

They're fine the way they are, but you're right about it needing much more color like the original Doom had. I'm sure they will not use an engine so powerful with only shades of black and blue.

---
You have been bothered by: Lüt
"Living Colour is my favorite black metal band."
www.doomworld.com/insanity
www.mp3.com/dyingcorpse
www.thebarnacle.f2s.com
AIM: Dying Corpse - SB4824 - XtbbTSzNyKw5sRB4 <-- Talk to me dammit!

Zaldron

avengerz66@hotmail.com

"Re(1):Are the graphics" , posted Sun 29 Apr 12:15user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

"Graphics too good"?

My brain´s not able to fully understand this concept...

__________________________ _ _ _
"There are three kinds of death in this world. There's heart death there's brain death and there's being off the network."

Tetzlaff

olo8@gmx.de

"Re(1):Are the graphics" , posted Sun 29 Apr 06:27user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

Doom was colourfull? It had lot of green and gray colours, not really colourfull. Some of the monsters looked cartoonish (arachnotrons, lost souls, mancubus). The monster seen in the Geforce3 movie also looks a bit cartoonish, it reminds me to that alien warrior race from "The 5th Element", but I don´t really like cartoonish stuff in Doom. I´m really happy with the way iD is going with the look of the marine, and I hope the design of the monsters will change to a more scary, demon-like look.

LorD BaZTArD

Nathan_ACE@hotmail.com

"Nah, not really" , posted Sat 28 Apr 23:24user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

Why? With iD being the leaders in graphics engines and ultra high tech engines, there was NO possibility that it was going to look retro, However with the graphics as they are I can Imagine a really creepy suspenseful S**t your pants when you hear a noise type of game, kinda like Half-Life & System Shock 2.

So that is good.

As for your last comment that we won't need the movie coz of the graphics........

<\Celebrates, Parties, Dances, Launches fireworks/>

<\Yells: YAHOOOOOOO! No DOOM MOVIE!!! Yes!/>

The Singer was a tall ragged idiot he carried a plasticine gramaphone wore a metal troubee and sung "I talk to der twees thaaaats whhhhhyyyy dey puut me awaaaaaaaayyy!

He was the closest thing to being a human man without actually being one!

Narrator(Aside): Little did he know that when he said this he had a mirror in front of him!