[an error occurred while processing this directive]
RTCW and Doom - Clarifications - http://www.doomworld.com Forums

Original message

Dima

alexsok@netvision.net.il

"RTCW and Doom - Clarifications" , posted Sat 2 Jun 02:21user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

A reply by Paul Jaquays to my post on Quake3World id legends forum:

Some of the code we developed for Doom has already been backported into Q3A code and is thus, making it's appearance in games like Q3:TA and Wolf and some other licensees work. Though, it's not John Carmack's work, if you're wondering about it being graphical. Likewise, work we are doing on the Q3A PR is likely to end up finding its way into Doom in some regards.
------------------
Paul Jaquays
id Software: Designer

"We've been doing hacks and tricks for years but now we'll be able to do things we've been wanting to do for a long time" Carmack said. "For instance every light has its own highlight and every surface casts a shadow like in the real world". "Everything can behave the same now and we can apply effects for every pixel."

Replies:

Lord FlatHead

lordflathead@yahoo.com

"Re(1):RTCW and Doom - Clarifications" , posted Sat 2 Jun 03:59user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

Why the hell are they still messing around with Q3A and Team Arena ? They should be working on Doom like there's no tomorrow, goddammit !

--
"Well... I like to think I'm pretty good at what I do." -- John Carmack

http://lordflathead.doomcenter.com

Zaldron
Le Ventilateur

avengerz66@hotmail.com

"Re(2):RTCW and Doom - Clarifications" , posted Sat 2 Jun 18:17user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

Fuck, if I'm gonna pay $300.000 and 8% royalty for their engine, I'm sure I'll like them to polish things a bit. :)

__________________________ _ _ _
"There are three kinds of death in this world. There's heart death there's brain death and there's being off the network."

Lüt
Albino Negro

toruonda@home.com

"Re(2):RTCW and Doom - Clarifications" , posted Sat 2 Jun 04:29user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

YOU try coding that engine for 365 days straight and see how well you can concentrate by the end!

---
You have been bothered by: Lüt
"Living Colour is my favorite black metal band."
www.doomworld.com/insanity
www.mp3.com/dyingcorpse
www.thebarnacle.f2s.com
AIM: Dying Corpse - SB4824 - XtbbTSzNyKw5sRB4 <-- Talk to me dammit!

the-widow-maker

The-widow-maker@another.com

"Lut you sick fucker!" , posted Sat 2 Jun 06:24user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

I just read that dolphin thead you put up in the general forum and either:

1)You are an extremely sick fuck who should be jailed

OR

2)Are just a sick fuck for copying and pasting this-I mean, who the fuck visits these sites??!! That was the most disgusting thing I have ever fucking read! Jesus how can that guy be allowed into the public? Fucking hell! wacking off a fucking dolphin for christ sakes, thats like 'flipper-uncut' or some thing, Jezus!

I am better than God.

Lord FlatHead

lordflathead@yahoo.com

"Re(1):Lut you sick fucker!" , posted Sat 2 Jun 10:00user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

I've seen that Dolphin Sex crap before. As an April 1st joke on gamedesign.net, and I believe there's a link to it at www.goatse.cx. If you do not know what goatse.cx is, for the love of god, don't try to find out.

--
"Well... I like to think I'm pretty good at what I do." -- John Carmack

http://lordflathead.doomcenter.com

Dark_Fox

fox10001@yahoo.com
§Darkness§

"Something terrilby awful!" , posted Sat 2 Jun 13:32user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

LOL!
Goatsie!
I've heard about that on the Somthing awful forums.. Damn the guys tears is ass open!
Sick fucker is one of ducks victums..=)
Not near as bad as the dutchman, he inject salen solution into his nutz..

You can hit my duck bitch becuase I will plug your ass with him! His has plugged over 5000 newbie asses including several repeat customers since he was brought in from the projects. The pond complex.
Look fer the duck with the white fur coat and the pimp kane..

Lüt
Albino Negro

toruonda@home.com

"Re(1):Lut you sick fucker!" , posted Sat 2 Jun 07:35user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

I pasted it, silly. It's from dolphinsex.org - I didn't find it myself, it was getting made fun of in other forums. I don't know who found it first.

I hope you don't think I wrote that entire Mithra essay below it either...

---
www.mp3.com/dyingcorpse
www.thebarnacle.f2s.com

the-widow-maker

The-widow-maker@another.com

"Re(2):Lut you sick fucker!" , posted Sat 2 Jun 08:22user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

I know you pasted it! but I felt that such a fuck-off post had to be acknowledged in some way or another. But you have to admit, the content of that post was completely fucked.

I am better than God.

Disorder
WAHH CHANGE MY TITLE

enter@softhome.net

"Re(3):RTCW and Doom - Clarifications" , posted Sat 2 Jun 06:20user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

I think he was just joking..

______________________________________ _______ ____ __ _ _ _
||| "...Go ahead and leave. See if I care. (Press Y to quit to dos)" |||

Lüt
Albino Negro

toruonda@home.com

"Re(4):RTCW and Doom - Clarifications" , posted Sat 2 Jun 07:33user profileedit/delete messagepost reply

I know, so was I.

I hate putting smilies in my posts unless they're absolutely necessary.

---
www.mp3.com/dyingcorpse
www.thebarnacle.f2s.com