OUT OF PHASE 3: ONE CLOUDY AFTERNOON|
"Out of Phase 3" is an action packed map for Doom II. Like the other levels in my "Out of Phase" series, this one was made very quickly, during a burst of inspiration! I probably spent 10-12 hours max, on it. And like "Out of Phase" this is a small map.|
This time, the look is more like classic Doom II mixed with my own style of course. It's actually got a good level of detail too, surprisingly.
I'm pretty proud of this little level :) Enjoy!
* My brother Varun for playtesting and useful feedback, and also for making the sky used in this level. This sky also appears in Varun's map, "Short 'n Quick".|
* Tobias Münch - the sky used in this level is actually a heavily modified photograph of his! Check out Toby's Photography site at http://tobigallery.tripod.com.
* To everyone who has given me feedback and demos on my previous levels.
* The authors of all tools used to make this level.
* The 9th Gate Team for being the great friends that they are!
* id Software of course.
* You for downloading/playing the level!
New level from scratch|
Built on 4th and 7th November 2002, tweaked on 9th Nov. Probably 10-12 hours total, building, testing and all.|
DoomCAD 6.1 by Matt Tagliaferri - Editing BSP 5.0 by Colin Phipps - Node Building Wintex 4.3 by Olivier Montanuy - Putting the WAD file together (map and resources) XWE by Csabo - Inserting the new sky and cleaning up the final WAD Paint Shop Pro 6.0 by Jasc Software - Making the new graphics|
|Good looking indoors, so-so looking outdoors. Gameplay is definantly there all the way through.||x|
|Short and OK. 3/5.||x|
|Court tableau amusant||x|
|This is dated September 2002. It's a fun map from the man - the machine - who went on to do Congestion Control. You fight just 32 baddies in a compact watery techbase that feels larger than it is, because the design is very intricate. The gameplay is spoiled a bit by the plasma rifle, which makes it easy; the baddies are mostly toughies but you get loads of ammo. In that respect it's like an antidote to Malcolm Sailor's levels. Good though.||x|