Dark Towen WAD - Part 4 in the Frag Fest series!|
This level started life several weeks ago, after I'd jotted a few ideas down on paper (the acid room idea and the crossroad/ walkway just beyond it), and in the true Matthew Mauger tradition, it just grew from there. |
Steven Ross-Watt of Genesis BBS (01786-825368) suggested the idea of the "control room" section, where squares light up when people move into certain rooms on the map. I made it go one stage further - you can dive into the squares, and teleport right next to your opponent! Oh course, if people linger in that area, there are some switches not far away that open up some walls, and whoever is in the control room gets roasted by archviles >:-)
I discovered how to make "bullet proof glass", sections of the map that you can see through but can't shoot through - this is used at the exit, and in the room with the light switches. A similar technique is used in the outside area to slam down a invisible barrier across one particular section, have a gander...
Anyway, this is a wicked deathmatch level, with totally class textures (as always) - check it out, and watch out for those secret bitz!
- ID software for providing all the bugs - ... What IS a PLAT error anyway :-\ Any idea of the trouble I went through to get rid of it?|
- Steven Ross-Watt for the control room idea! Thanx again!
- Andy Fogg and Chris Morris for the playtesting
- Damien Guard of Black Ice BBS for pestering GT to check out the line noise problem :)
- Phil Sykes for sending me those levels he made - they're wicked :)
- Joey Cato, author of JOJOBEAT.WAD - I got some nice ideas from your level, thanx.
New level from scratch|
Deep + BSP|
None, though I had fun and games getting rid of the existing ones!|
|Anonymous||I'm not sure if this is tower or town spelled wrong, or maybe just a new word I've never heard of. Either way, not the worst for '95.||x|