Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!
I have a feeling that could be biting off more than we can chew. There are people who could submit the amount of quality work necessary to perpetuate such a project, but keep in mind people will already drop out of the first megawad.
I think CC2 should be a daul megawad. Ie, two megawads for one project. That way we could fit more mappers, and some could get 2 or more maps to do. Just a thought.
We could always make a CC3 after CC2 is finished. There's no need to build up something so grand that it might not get done.
Uhh, I'm pretty sure the first CC had new skies and I know for a fact it allowed new music because I had a new tune in my map. The first one didn't allow jumping or boom specials/triggers, and neither will this one.
I thought we all already agreed this would be the same as last time.
This was how the last one was set up.
Orig textures only, No new skys, god I hate those.
No boom specials or triggers, but boom compatible in as much as it is an unlimited port.
no jumping. no new music.
This sounds to me like suddenly there is a major change in the wad specs.
The specs are pretty much the same, except it seems this time we can use custom textures which I don't agree with either, except in the case of Doom textures that aren't found in Doom 2.
I think it's fair that we let everyone who wants to participate have a chance. It's not like they're coming in three months later and wanting a map, they came within two days of the projects announcement, that's certainly a fair amount of time.
I will release map 24 and just keep map 25 then. Although I am not to thrilled about that.
Sorry the others were not around when the maps were being claimed but its not my fault. How many times have we all been a day late for something cool.
The only guys with multiple maps are all good mappers and will actually finish them and help the project.
And remember, people will probably drop out, meaning you might be able to put multiple maps into this project. And if you've got so many ideas for maps, just release them on your own (which you have been doing pretty steadily with your Blind Alley series =) ). I don't see the need to have more than one map in this one project.
I'm not in charge of the project by any means, but from what I can gather...
EDIT: By the way, I'm still doing MAP06
Okay, wait, here are some of the things I'm using in my map...
1. New textures.
2. New sounds, hopefully. I want a certain switch when you hit it to announce what you just did so no one gets confused.
4. Keens, but the graphics are going to be changed. But shhhh, it's a secret of the map.
5. New music.
How much of this is going ot be allowed?
1. According to Cadman, it seems new textures will be allowed as long as they don't replace any existing ones, although I'm kind of confused about that because in the first one no new textures were supposed to have been used. I'd hold off until Cadman confirms that.
2. No new sounds
3. Bridges should be okay, but ONLY if they do NOT use anything that needs a specific source port to work, i.e. Legacy's 3d floors. Using the dummy sector trick should be fine though, I know Ultimate Doomer used quite a few of them in his Map 20 of the first CC.
4. New sprites should not be used because it means they have to be changed throughout the entire game, not just in your level. And I don't think you should be using keens anyway, seeing as how you have map 06. I was under the impression that map32 would be the only one with keen privileges, but again, you'd have to ask Cadman about that one to be sure.
5. New music is okay, as long as it's not MP3.
BTW, if we have to confirm our map slots, I'm still on for Map 04.
Last edited by Kid Airbag on 01-01-04 at 11:52