Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > What about skies?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Torn
google is your master

Well, anyone gonna make some new ones? or should we "steal/loan" some from some of the other iwads/pwads?
Because I feel we should not have any doom2 skies this time. Ew :/

Old Post 01-03-04 00:25 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

doom2's e1 sky is plain ugly, I will make my map 100% indoors if it stays.

Old Post 01-03-04 01:05 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Well, I would prefer the city sky to stay (my map will be a city) but I think we should use Ravage's hell sky for the 3rd section like we did in CC1.

Old Post 01-03-04 01:09 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

The Ultimate DooMer said:
Well, I would prefer the city sky to stay (my map will be a city) but I think we should use Ravage's hell sky for the 3rd section like we did in CC1.

Howabout I make a new one instead? That one is fugly as hell.

Old Post 01-03-04 01:21 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

Why not use the freedoom skies? The E2 one in particular is incredible.

Old Post 01-03-04 01:33 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

I second baldy's idea.

Old Post 01-03-04 01:36 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

here's what they look like so everyone doesn't need to search:
ep1
ep2
ep3 or ep3

Old Post 01-03-04 01:37 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EarthQuake
9.5 on the Richter!

I like the first and third but not the E2 one :]

Heh.

EDIT: Oh wow, I especially love the 2nd E3 one!

Old Post 01-03-04 01:42 #
EarthQuake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

i like that one better too, it's by silverwyvern. it's actually the hell sky for inferno, but hell is hell :)

Old Post 01-03-04 01:45 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I really liked the E2 sky in Requiem. It was the burning city thing, except it was actually San Francisco. Pretty cool. And actually the Freedoom one looks a lot like LA, but it could just be coincidence.

Old Post 01-03-04 02:12 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Flange Peddler

I'm not a fan of that Episode 2 city sky. The Episode 1 and both the Episode 3 ones are nice though.

Personally I think the skys should stay as generic as possible. That Episode 2 sky seems to force a mapper to make a city map too much (if they want to show the sky at all).

Old Post 01-03-04 05:13 #
The Flange Peddler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Skunkboy Kyle

I'd like to have a nice blue or cloudy sky for the first levels.

Don't rescue me. I don't want to be. Let you and me be out of control. Just because I can't sleep at night. Just because I hear your voice. Just because I see your face. Just because I want you. You! You're the one! Turn me inside out! You! You're the one!Make me scream and shout! You! You're the one! Be around only me! You! You're the one! Don't rescue me!
- Devo, Don't Rescue Me

Old Post 01-03-04 05:22 #
Skunkboy Kyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

I'd really rather have 3 generic sky's. Im not planning a city map. And the e2 city sky is going to look silly in that case.

Old Post 01-03-04 05:34 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

I prefer an ep 3 red sky.

So if we all decide to change the ep 3 sky I vote for at least a mostly red sky. I love both doom's red skys. A red sky like the orange one in AV would be cool too.

Old Post 01-03-04 06:05 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Skunkboy Kyle

Maybe we could a nighttime sky in the first few levels, then a a morning sky, then a dusk one?

Don't rescue me. I don't want to be. Let you and me be out of control. Just because I can't sleep at night. Just because I hear your voice. Just because I see your face. Just because I want you. You! You're the one! Turn me inside out! You! You're the one!Make me scream and shout! You! You're the one! Be around only me! You! You're the one! Don't rescue me!
- Devo, Don't Rescue Me

Old Post 01-03-04 08:20 #
Skunkboy Kyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

No, we need a red hell sky like Searcher said. Maybe just use skies from Plutonia.

Old Post 01-03-04 08:26 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Use3D said:
No, we need a red hell sky like Searcher said. Maybe just use skies from Plutonia.

I love plut's first sky :D

Old Post 01-03-04 09:10 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
exl
Personal Test Dummy

Aren't there any skies that are 1024 pixels in width? Looking at that city sky Sargebaldy posted, it would look weird having the same building come into your view 4 times when doing a 360.

Old Post 01-03-04 12:34 #
exl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

That plutonia ep 2 red sky is just beautiful. I'd love that one for CC2, ep 3.
Or, there really is nothing wrong with doom2 ep 3 sky at all, I love that one too. OR the Ult. doom red sky.

Old Post 01-03-04 19:41 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer

What about the red city sky from Rebirth? (it's a good sky and the author gives permission in the text)

Old Post 01-03-04 20:59 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Draconio
Ack! Ack! Ack!

My level, on map 32 (therefore sky 3) would like a red or orange sky. It's not an absolute necessity though.

Old Post 01-04-04 01:10 #
Draconio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

A blue sky, best used for the beginning levels.
A rather hellish sky, best used for the later levels.

Ugh freewebs is being rather sneaky. The damn bitches. Just drag them to the address bar.

Old Post 01-04-04 04:04 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Skunkboy Kyle said:
It'd help you a lot. Maybe then you wouldn't be such a fucking scumbag.
Please realize that if you and use3d continue this conversation for a while longer, and a mod sees it, it's you who will possibly be banned. I recommend you do something to prevent that.

Old Post 01-04-04 08:32 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

A mod has already seen it and eliminated the whole thing. Now, let's get this back on topic again, ok?

Old Post 01-04-04 08:44 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I, for one, would like to see the first episode use the E4 sky from Ultimate Doom.

Old Post 01-04-04 08:50 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

DooMBoy said:
I, for one, would like to see the first episode use the E4 sky from Ultimate Doom.

Do better, hr2 first sky. :)

That or my blue one. :P

Old Post 01-04-04 17:37 #
Dron

The 2nd hell sky of freedoom or Hell Revealed's 2nd sky (The storm one)

Old Post 01-17-04 19:02 #
Dron is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer

Either that or the Strife sky (the one in wtf.wad). It's so good I'm actually using that for the city zone in SSD.

I wouldn't use the E4 sky, as it just wouldn't feel right on any non-TFC themed map. The orange cloudy one from HR2 would be much better (again, it's so good I'm using that one in SSD too, albeit a 240 tall version).

Old Post 01-17-04 21:21 #
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

Well, I got a sky from Nark (remember him?) who got it off a CD of doom stuff (which I believe was freeware). It was a blue sky with clouds.
I modified it and sent it into freedoom as the E2 sky and it was replaced soon after with the current one. Here it is, if anyone's interested: http://freedoom.sourceforge.net/deu...hyena/rsky2.gif

Old Post 01-18-04 00:22 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer

Have you got the blue original? (I'd like to see it)

Old Post 01-18-04 02:26 #