Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Scrolling Floor

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Skunkboy Kyle

I'm going to use "Current" for my water, so it feels like you're really slugging thru the sewer instead of just standing there like a douche. My question is will Current also scroll my water texture or do I have to set something else to get it to do that.

Don't rescue me. I don't want to be. Let you and me be out of control. Just because I can't sleep at night. Just because I hear your voice. Just because I see your face. Just because I want you. You! You're the one! Turn me inside out! You! You're the one!Make me scream and shout! You! You're the one! Be around only me! You! You're the one! Don't rescue me!
- Devo, Don't Rescue Me

Old Post 01-06-04 16:51 #
Skunkboy Kyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

If you use the "scroll and carry objects" boom special, then yes.

You can read more about this stuff in boomref.txt contained in this archive. And you can also try reading the Boom Section of the Doomworld Editing Pages.

Last edited by Amaster on 01-06-04 at 17:01

Old Post 01-06-04 16:56 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Skunkboy Kyle

Is there any way to just make it scroll?
Also is there any way to make the Doom Guy sink a bit in water to give the appearence of water in Boom?

Don't rescue me. I don't want to be. Let you and me be out of control. Just because I can't sleep at night. Just because I hear your voice. Just because I see your face. Just because I want you. You! You're the one! Turn me inside out! You! You're the one!Make me scream and shout! You! You're the one! Be around only me! You! You're the one! Don't rescue me!
- Devo, Don't Rescue Me

Old Post 01-06-04 16:57 #
Skunkboy Kyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Go read the Boom section of the DW editing section as Assmaster suggested. Both your questions are answered there, under "Scrolling Effects" and "Properties Transfer" respectively.

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 01-06-04 17:27 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Skunkboy Kyle said:
Is there any way to just make it scroll?
Also is there any way to make the Doom Guy sink a bit in water to give the appearence of water in Boom?

Most of the ZDoom stuff you're getting to grips with originated from Boom - the only drawback is you have to revert to using linedefs for everything, no scripting here.

I think there's a sector property for scrolling (which scrolls and carries), but I'm not sure on that. You could also increase the friction if you wanted, to create the effect of wading through water. (as, while you can achieve the deep water effect like in ZDoom, you can't make it swimmable)

Old Post 01-06-04 19:17 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Skunkboy Kyle

Okay. I have a lot of moving water in my level and I want to get it scrolling. What exactly controls the direction of the scroll?

- Devo, Don't Rescue Me

Old Post 01-07-04 09:18 #
Skunkboy Kyle

Oh, by the way, I learned about the Current sectortag under DW Editing, but I'm just ask the extent of it's purposes and such.

- Devo, Don't Rescue Me

Old Post 01-07-04 09:19 #
Hirogen2

Check specials 251 to 254. Also might use something like DB which shows them.

Old Post 01-08-04 17:35 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote