Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Resigning map 16

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
udderdude

I resign my position. Sorry. Can't run DETH under Windows 2000, which I just installed. Don't feel like learning another windows editor just to make this map. Anyone who wants map 16 can take it.

Old Post 03-03-04 22:47 #
udderdude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

So does that mean you're quitting mapping altogether then? (as you'll have the same problem for every other map you want to make)

Believe me, learning another editor will allow you to make any number of maps, not just the CC2 one. And it shouldn't be too hard either, given you can use DETH. (which is supposed to be the hardest one to learn, as suggested by it's name)

AFAIK WadAuthor, DeePsea and Doom Builder are all fairly easy to learn and use.

Old Post 03-03-04 22:59 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
udderdude

I've got the ZETH Windows beta for Zdoom maps. I'm not quitting. My next project will be releasing the CC2 map as a stand-alone ZDoom map.

ZETH Windows beta here : http://amberfisharts.com/hosted/zeth/

Old Post 03-04-04 06:02 #
udderdude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer

You could always make the map in Boom-format ZDoom, you know. Or make the map in Hexen-format ZDoom and use another editor just to change the line triggers back to the Boom ones.

Old Post 03-04-04 10:52 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Deepsea is fairly easy to learn, IMO. Of course this coming from a guy who's used it his entire mapping career :)

Old Post 03-04-04 15:38 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
udderdude

The Ultimate DooMer said:
You could always make the map in Boom-format ZDoom, you know. Or make the map in Hexen-format ZDoom and use another editor just to change the line triggers back to the Boom ones.

I thought ZETH only allowed for ZDoom format maps? If you try to load a vanilla map into it, it will convert it to ZDoom format. As far as I can tell, there's no way to convert a ZDoom format map back to vanilla format, or make a Boom format map with it.

Old Post 03-04-04 18:36 #
boris
meow

Well, in editors that can handle both formats you can usualy simply copy your whole ZDoom format map into the clipboard and then paste it into a blank Doom format map.

Old Post 03-04-04 20:25 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer

But of course that kills all line specials, so it's best to make Boom format ZDoom if ZETH allows it. (which it should, as all other ZDoom editors do)

Old Post 03-04-04 21:25 #
Linguica

I learned Doom Builder in no more than an hour.

Old Post 03-04-04 21:34 #
Linguica is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Linguica said:
I learned Doom Builder in no more than an hour.

Same here.

Old Post 03-04-04 22:25 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

But of course that kills all line specials, so it's best to make Boom format ZDoom if ZETH allows it. (which it should, as all other ZDoom editors do)

Zeth is Hexen format only. You cannot make Boom maps with it.

Old Post 03-04-04 22:58 #
Graf Zahl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

I'll take the CC map16 slot.

Old Post 03-06-04 16:46 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

That is the actual way I do it, as DETH is a bit... unadvanced compared to ZETH, yet I am not quite comfortable with any editor outside the DEU style.

Old Post 03-09-04 16:00 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote