Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > So, what is map24's status?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:01. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chopkinsca
Nothing

It hasn't been assigned to someone new yet? Or what is going on?
I hope I get the spot... I even have some of a map done.

Old Post 05-20-04 03:40 #
chopkinsca is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

According to this thread, Foofoo wanted map24. I don't know if he has actually started anything yet though.

Old Post 05-20-04 03:51 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chopkinsca
Nothing

aye, he made that post on may 16th. on the 13th I made a request for it in this thread.
And someone else asked for it around the same time that I did.
Edit: oo, it was foofoo then also.

Old Post 05-20-04 04:03 #
chopkinsca is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

god i hate this system-
Yes i am working on a map for level24, but if someone else requested it first, then its only fair that they have it.

Next time theres a Community Chest, there should be some sort of BETTER system of setting it up. I spent many many hours making a map and now (if) someone else 'legally' gets it first, then I wasted all my god damn time.

Ahh well.

Old Post 05-20-04 23:31 #
Foofoo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

Maybe there should be like a site somewhere where they have the latest up-to-date info on Community Chest (for future Community Chest projects)

Or, IS there something like that already? I just hate that I have to go through the forums to find out which maps have been taken yet or not. You know what I mean?

Old Post 05-20-04 23:35 #
Foofoo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Yeah this version of community chest isn't as well organized as the first one.

Old Post 05-21-04 01:10 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyber-menace

Foofoo said:
I just hate that I have to go through the forums to find out which maps have been taken yet or not. You know what I mean?

ummmmm... http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...&threadid=20387

That has all the maps that are currently taken. My name's already there on MAP23 with Lutrov.

Old Post 05-21-04 01:10 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Foofoo said:
Next time theres a Community Chest, there should be some sort of BETTER system of setting it up. I spent many many hours making a map and now (if) someone else 'legally' gets it first, then I wasted all my god damn time.

It's not so much the system (it's the best there is - the CC1 system was a website that never got updated, and a single thread that went on to become the biggest ever), it's more the fact that Cadman is often not around to answer questions like this. (it's usually me that resolves these matters instead, by updating the map names list)

Anyway, to settle this dispute, why don't you and KoRn work on the map together? There's quite a few co-authored maps this time round, and it won't waste the time that you've both already put into it.

Old Post 05-21-04 02:26 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

Me and Korn work on a map?

Well the problem there is that I think Korn already finished his map, and my map has a specific theme to it and a very specific way the game is played. Korn, if you want to, you can merge yours with mine, but I have a bad feeling it wouldn't work right. It would be obvious. But if you want a look at it, I can send you want I've done so far of it, and you can send me yours, and we can somehow stick them together. Somehow.

(but, offcourse, thats if Korn WANTS to merge his with mine)

Old Post 05-21-04 09:45 #
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

cyber-menace said:

ummmmm... http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...&threadid=20387
That has all the maps that are currently taken. My name's already there on MAP23 with Lutrov.

yeah well it has three question marks next to level 24 and so i thought level 24 hasn't been taken yet, though in actuality someone DID take it. Like I said, a bad system.

Old Post 05-21-04 09:52 #
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

You don't have to release the wad you've been working on for this project Foofoo...

Old Post 05-21-04 10:27 #
Lutrov71 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

yes i know - But i've been doing a map specifically for CC2. appart from the possibility of having a slot in this project theres no other reason for me to make the map, really.

Old Post 05-21-04 10:39 #
boris
meow

Just release it on it's own.

Old Post 05-21-04 10:46 #
boris is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

Just another pointless thought-

From what i understand, Community Chest 2 is supposed to be catered more for Boom. Is it possible (though i've never seen this) to have MORE than 32 levels for the project? Could my map be like level 24.5?
Since Boom IS supposed to be an advanced port and all.

In fact, apart from fixing Doom2's Visplane limitation i've never seen Boom do anything special (...sorry to whoever worked on Boom)

Old Post 05-21-04 10:52 #
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

boris said:
Just release it on it's own.

That's what I meant.

Foofoo said:

From what i understand, Community Chest 2 is supposed to be catered more for Boom. Is it possible (though i've never seen this) to have MORE than 32 levels for the project? Could my map be like level 24.5?

In fact, apart from fixing Doom2's Visplane limitation i've never seen Boom do anything special (...sorry to whoever worked on Boom)

Boom does lots of cool stuff. Get the Boom WCF file for Wadauthor and see.

Old Post 05-21-04 11:00 #
Lutrov71 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Foofoo said:

Then you must have been living under a rock. Have a look at the example wad in the Boom editing package thing.

Old Post 05-21-04 12:20 #
boris is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chopkinsca
Nothing

My map hasn't been finished. It about one fourth is complete right now. The theme for my map is kind of odd as well...

Old Post 05-21-04 15:59 #
The Ultimate DooMer

Foofoo said:

As well as offering new and more variations on the vanilla triggers, it offers many of the ZDoom features we take for granted: scrolling, deep water, line teleports etc. and are all controlled by linedefs and linedef lengths rather than scripting. Also, by putting manikins (which can activate W1/WR triggers) on scrolling sectors you can create all kinds of cool stuff from simple scripting to complex special effects.

The best wad to look at for Boom special effects is Phobos:Anomaly Reborn.

Old Post 05-21-04 20:33 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

Okay, so maybe Boom does do interesting stuff. (Sorry)

But IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE MORE THAN 32 LEVELS?! Thats what i want to know...

Old Post 05-22-04 02:39 #
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

No, Boom can't do that. If it could then I'm sure we would have see a wad with 33 or more levels in it already :)
AFAIK, only ZDoom can do this.

Old Post 05-22-04 05:04 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer

Foofoo: map 24 is yours, as Doom Dude has given his slot to KoRn (not for this reason though).

Old Post 05-22-04 23:52 #
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

Thank God that's over. :)

Old Post 05-23-04 01:16 #
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

The Ultimate DooMer said:
Foofoo: map 24 is yours, as Doom Dude has given his slot to KoRn (not for this reason though).

yes!

Thanks 'Doom Dude'.

...Now onto actually finish the level.

Old Post 05-23-04 02:22 #
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

...and also thanks to Ultimate Doomer.

Old Post 05-23-04 02:25 #
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

Foofoo said:
...and also thanks to Lutrov71.

Thank you. :)

Old Post 05-23-04 02:42 #
chopkinsca
Nothing

Foofoo said:

yes!

Thanks 'Doom Dude'.

...Now onto actually finish the level.

ditto

Old Post 05-23-04 02:44 #
Doom Dude

Yay everybody is happy for a few moments at least. Now I can get back to my main projectile and try not to pull a Millenium. ;)

Old Post 05-24-04 04:05 #
Doom Dude is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

Lutrov71 said:

Thank you. :)

hehe.

Old Post 05-24-04 12:10 #