Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Map 17 screen shots 10 in all

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aleaver
Can't spll

http://www.geocities.com/aleaver113084/cc2.html

There it is..this is where I will be posting screens for this map. There are ten shots up if you care to view. I know they need some detail and I am re-working the theme of the map..But its going good. Just wanted to show the progress.

Last edited by Aleaver on 09-14-04 at 21:48

Old Post 09-14-04 03:18 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

you better be careful using Edmap. When i used to use it, it would at times corrupt my level, destroying it completely. its not very stable (unless your using some newer version).

Old Post 09-14-04 12:47 #
Foofoo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

I think Aleaver has always used Edmap, using old editors is cool. I still use one that crashes when you zoom too close, crashes when you switch modes without closing information windows, crashes when maps get too big and crashes when you look at it funny. But hey, it was my first Doom editor so it deserves respect!

Old Post 09-14-04 18:42 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Yes this is true I always use edmap. I have learned afew things about it and I know how to get around most chrashes with it. Its for the most part stable. The Version I use v1.31 is the most stable version of Edmap. V1.41 is very un-stable. I think if I ever get a costom title here in these fourms..I think EDMAP MAN V1.31 would be right on target for me.

Old Post 09-14-04 19:47 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darkhaven
Banned

Use3D said:
I think Aleaver has always used Edmap, using old editors is cool. I still use one that crashes when you zoom too close, crashes when you switch modes without closing information windows, crashes when maps get too big and crashes when you look at it funny. But hey, it was my first Doom editor so it deserves respect!

WadED?

OMG 666TH POST

Old Post 09-15-04 10:04 #
Darkhaven is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foofoo
I AM B.P.R.D.

whats wrong with using Windows editors? You do have a windows OS, right? Or are you a dirty rotten heathenistic mac user? eh? EH?!?!?!

even if you did have a mac im sure most of those windows editors have mac versions. I don't trust dos editors anymore. too many hours of work wasted in file saving corruptions.

Old Post 09-15-04 15:57 #
Foofoo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
188DarkRevived
Banned

Speaking of Windows editors...Try using WinDEU16 or WinDEU32 :)

Old Post 09-15-04 18:48 #
188DarkRevived is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

SO any comments on the screenshots?

Old Post 09-15-04 19:34 #
cyber-menace

It's under construction so I don't know if the areas are done yet, but I think the level needs some serious detail++. Too much empty space and holes everywhere. It also seems to be quite dark in some areas, but that's probably just the port. What port IS that anyway? It looks like it may be Zdoom, but I can't really tell...

Old Post 09-15-04 19:39 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Darkhaven said:

WadED?

Nope.

Old Post 09-15-04 19:52 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

cyber-menace said:
It's under construction so I don't know if the areas are done yet, but I think the level needs some serious detail++. Too much empty space and holes everywhere. It also seems to be quite dark in some areas, but that's probably just the port. What port IS that anyway? It looks like it may be Zdoom, but I can't really tell...

Yea you are correct..It is under construction...So detail will be added..and it is dark in some areas. I will brighten them up..I don;t know if Zdoom is the reason for it..but that is what I use. But thanks for the feedback.

Old Post 09-15-04 19:56 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

cyber-menace said:

Eh I dont agree. Maybe it's me but I think the map is shaping up well. Detail is not a big deal. I like the color schemes too, the red flat with marbgray in one of the shots is striking.
It also appears the level has alot of movement in ceiling heights, but dont leave out the floor! It's important that it has movement too, going down and up and all over. Keep showing screens!

Old Post 09-15-04 19:58 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Yea I do have alot of different celing and floor heights all over the map..Oh I don't think I mentioned this but the map is now 68% complete. Thats not including the little fixes I noticed I have to make.

Old Post 09-15-04 20:20 #
cyber-menace

Good job Aleaver. Keep up the good work. Remember, you still have a month or so left, but don't procrastinate.

Old Post 09-16-04 20:28 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Keeping up the oldschool style, eh Andy? :)
Sure it could use some more detail, but I like the style.

Old Post 09-16-04 23:07 #
Shaviro is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Shaviro said:
Keeping up the oldschool style, eh Andy? :)
Sure it could use some more detail, but I like the style.

Yep you caught me :) Yea detail will be added. Thats something that I keep on seeing when I go through the map each time.

Old Post 09-17-04 00:03 #
Hirogen2

Speaking of editors, hell I dunno why I am using DOS ZETH in favor of WinZeth :]
probably because of the different mouse behavior (DOSZETH: scrolls when edge is hit, WinZeth: scroll with arrows)

Old Post 09-20-04 12:05 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman
I'm not supposed to be here...no really

I use Deepsea for all my editing stuff. I have version 11.92c, it's a good program for me. I started with DoomCad and then went to DETH using zennode as my nodes builder and I even used RMB for a while. I used to use ZETH for all my ZDoom stuff but I have since switched to Deepsea...:)

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Old Post 09-20-04 22:19 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyber-menace

I've been jumpy with editors as well. I started mapping with WinDEU, but then I found DeepSea and used its ShareWare limit to mix it with WinDEU. Then I found Zdoom and found WadAuthor as well. After registering WadAuthor I mixed it and DeepSea in mapping, but then low and behold came DoomBuilder. I patiently awaited it to make Zdoom maps and when it started to I switched to it and occasionly used WadAuthor to fix things. Now I always use Doom Builder though...

Old Post 09-21-04 12:15 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Ok no new screenshots..but map 17 is finished Structure wise!!! W00T!!
I actually got it somewhere..All that is needed now is the final details and monster/item placement and it will be ready to playtest..Well back to it I guess!

Old Post 10-11-04 03:57 #