Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > map01 started and done.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Erik

Can't say that I put my soul into this, as I have scythe 2 in the final stages to think about. Anyway, here it is, comments/suggestions are welcome.

Edit: oh, and this took around 3 hours to make including testing.

Last edited by Erik on 10-05-04 at 20:35

Old Post 10-03-04 23:56 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Flange Peddler

Erik said:
Can't say that I put my soul into this... this took around 3 hours to make including testing.

You make me sick Erik Alm :P

If only I could knock up something like this in 3 hours... Anyway, looks very nice and I think it'll work really well as the first level. Now just waiting for that Scythe 2...

Old Post 10-04-04 10:30 #
The Flange Peddler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

The Flange Peddler said:

You make me sick Erik Alm :P

If only I could knock up something like this in 3 hours... Anyway, looks very nice and I think it'll work really well as the first level. Now just waiting for that Scythe 2...

I second that!

Old Post 10-04-04 16:38 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iori
#legacy bastard

I would like to third that, but is it just me, or is getting the chaingun and ssg in teh first map too much? I dunno, but ill have to pump up the monsters in Map02 now to compensate. Its not really a big deal, but ..i dunno.

Map wise its really nice, feels kinda like a Darkening map ;)

Old Post 10-04-04 23:32 #
iori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

...it's like you're some kind of map-making supernatural being...
Anyway, this level is great looking and I really like the textures you used. I too was surprised to see the super in this map but meh, what are we saving it for anyway? My only complaint is you need to pick some new cool music for it!

Now I'm all critical again about my map, even though this one is like a 4th of its size! ;P

Old Post 10-05-04 00:40 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

There's also a rocket launcher... maybe the weapons you get are really too much?

Old Post 10-05-04 05:34 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Well the rocket launcher IS a secret but it's a bit too obvious...
Just played your map Erik and it's quite nice, good use of lighting and such, also it's nicely detailed. Not too hard to see how you did this in three hours, as it's quite short. I played on UV and it wasn't that bad at all. The only thing that gave me any problems was the part where you get the berserk and the hell knights come out to play, I guess I wasn't paying attention :P Other than that it was easy stuff.
I sorta disagree with all the weapons you get...Like I said the rocket launcher's a secret, but it's way too obvious, you should fix that IMO. Also getting the SSG near the end is a bit much. I would take that out and replace it with a backpack or take the Blue Armor and put it there in place of the SSG personally. Otherwise....
Good job :)

Old Post 10-05-04 06:09 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vile
The man made of sticks

The rocket launcher was in map01 of doom2 and it was a far easier map... :)

Old Post 10-05-04 07:19 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyber-menace

Heh, is it just me, or are we not supposed to distribute maps to the public before the megawad is out? Anyways... getting an SSG on the first level isn't really a bad thing (Even if I still haven't given the player one at Map02 in DTCA), I like the SSG and all, and I don't really care when it comes into play.

Old Post 10-05-04 12:20 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

Alright, I changed some stuff according to your suggestions, and I'll submit the final map to Cadman shortly.

(there is now no RL or SSG to consider for you peeps who are making the next few maps)

Last edited by Erik on 10-05-04 at 13:13

Old Post 10-05-04 13:07 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Szymanski

cyber-menace said:
Heh, is it just me, or are we not supposed to distribute maps to the public before the megawad is out?

that'd be mean :(

Nice map, very smooth.

Old Post 10-05-04 18:17 #
Szymanski is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

cyber-menace said:
Heh, is it just me, or are we not supposed to distribute maps to the public before the megawad is out?

It would be nice to close this forum off to cc2 members only, then we could share maps without anyone else downloading them. Eh it's an idea. I know mine won't be made public.

Old Post 10-05-04 19:32 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

I took the link down now that I got the necessary tester feedback.

Old Post 10-05-04 20:35 #
cyber-menace

I can't wait for CC2 to be done. Then we can finally see the creation we contributed to. And I'll get to see people making demos of CC2 eventually including my map and other maps I find interesting.

Old Post 10-05-04 21:10 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyber-menace

I can't wait for CC2 to be done. Then we can finally see the creation we contributed to. And I'll get to see people making demos of CC2 eventually including my map and other maps I find interesting.

EDIT: ACK! Double post! Someone delete this one...

Old Post 10-05-04 21:10 #