Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Level Status/Request

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Okay, change of plans, for like the 4th time.

Recently, I've found that nearly all my energy, creative and otherwise, has been completely sapped by the time I get home from school every day, and when it gets to be the weekends I'm either extraordinarily busy with a multitude of different things going on outside of my house. I pretty much have next to no time to map anymore.

Fortunately, I discovered on my hard drive a few days ago an older map that I was working on for Freedoom, but I think I had my slot dropped due to inactivity. The level is about 90% done design wise, and then I just need to populate about half the level with monsters and ammo and health and other such things.

The one problem is, this level is huge. Definitely far too large for a map 4, or whatever map it is I have. So if there's anyone on maps 8-20 who'd want to switch with me, it'd be clutch.

Thanks.

Old Post 10-04-04 04:56 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Cadman said we could make maps as large or as small as we want so a large map 4 or whatever won't be a problem.

Looking forward to your map. ;)

Old Post 10-04-04 17:07 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

Yeah, but it would fit in better as higher map though.

Old Post 10-05-04 12:30 #
Lutrov71 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Look at eternal doom or most any of the other compiled map projects. They are mostly all huge. I doubt it really matters about the map size.

Old Post 10-05-04 22:57 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman
I'm not supposed to be here...no really

The reason that I stated that the maps could be of any size for any slot is because there is always the possibility that we won't get all 32 maps for this project and that I may have to shuffle some of the maps slots and the same reasoning applies dealing with theming issues from map to map. Maps should not really be tied together in case a shuffle is needed, the exception being that someone made 2 or more maps in sequence....comprendo??

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Old Post 10-19-04 02:39 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Cadman said:
The reason that I stated that the maps could be of any size for any slot is because there is always the possibility that we won't get all 32 maps for this project and that I may have to shuffle some of the maps slots and the same reasoning applies dealing with theming issues from map to map. Maps should not really be tied together in case a shuffle is needed, the exception being that someone made 2 or more maps in sequence....comprendo??

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

You're just going to move slots around right? You're not going to retexture anything hopefully?

Last edited by Use3D on 10-20-04 at 20:38

Old Post 10-20-04 20:32 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote