Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Map02 done, testing etc.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
iori
#legacy bastard

Ok, Map02 is done and ready for...submission/testing. I guess I'll have to email it to Cadman, but the rest of you lot can take a look here. I'll have it up for a day or so, and it is in the best interests of anyone who is not on the team to wait until the megawad is finished.

I'd like some C+C if you would , this is my second released map of all time ;).

Last edited by iori on 10-10-04 at 18:39

Old Post 10-10-04 02:52 #
iori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

Impressive. Maybe some lower unpegged bars in the end room to block the player instead of an invisible impasible line.
Also, in the area where the stairs rise up and you walk across and get the blue key, the little walkway thing has no below textures and if you look at it from the side you will see an error.
Overall, great work. Quite easy too, havn't played level one so I don't know if it's too easy compared to that.

Old Post 10-10-04 04:20 #
Lutrov71 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
iori
#legacy bastard

I thought I fixed those lower textures..
Anyway, thanks for the input, I was debating how hard it should make it... I'll take another look at it tomorrow and adjust some health/ammo/monsters. Item/monster placement is always my weaker point.

Old Post 10-10-04 08:43 #
iori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

Tip: More shotgunners always make a level like this more difficult. :)
I also forgot to mention that the architecture was superb.

Old Post 10-10-04 08:49 #
Lutrov71 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

Uh, if you all post your WAD download links here we don't have to release them as a pack. This is a public forum, everybody can read it.

[edit]
Ok, I played the level and it's pretty cool. But why does the room with they yellow key door have a flying ceiling lamp over the nukage? :P

BTW, map01 has hellknights, chaingunners and revenants ;)

Last edited by boris on 10-10-04 at 10:08

Old Post 10-10-04 09:35 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
cyber-menace

boris said:
BTW, map01 has hellknights, chaingunners and revenants ;)

No different than CC1 really... except you didn't really have to kill the tougher monsters in that map. Good to see the maps are finally getting finished up now.

Old Post 10-10-04 16:41 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
iori
#legacy bastard

Link taken down. Thanks for the feedback guys. I know map01 has Revs, Hellknights, and chaingunners, which make things harder, but I kinda intentionally limited myself to demons/spectres, shotgunners, zombiemen, imps and a couple of Cacos. Maybe I'll break that rule and add some chaingunners, but I think a map can still be challenging, especially one so early on in the megawad without these 'power monsters'.

About the floor lamp on the ceiling, thats what I get for placing it too close to the lowering floor. Consider that one fixed.

Lutrov71 wrote:
Maybe some lower unpegged bars in the end room to block the player instead of an invisible impasible line.

I dont know about that one, the 'invisible impassible line' that you mention uses BRNBIGC... which is *******ly not invisible :P Got a screenshot of what you see handy?

Old Post 10-10-04 18:45 #
boris
meow

iori said:
About the floor lamp on the ceiling, thats what I get for placing it too close to the lowering floor. Consider that one fixed.

Actually I meant this: http://paci-fist.org/~boris/media/cc01_ceiling.png

Old Post 10-10-04 19:56 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
iori
#legacy bastard

Oh that. That was intentional, because I thought it looked neat. I guess I could try and add some supports for it, but I'll see how it goes.

Old Post 10-10-04 20:08 #
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

iori said:
I dont know about that one, the 'invisible impassible line' that you mention uses BRNBIGC... which is *******ly not invisible :P Got a screenshot of what you see handy?

Hmmn, I can see it now. Dunno what was wrong.

Old Post 10-11-04 07:27 #