Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > map13 will not be finished...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

...or at least not by me. the only explanation i can give that i think anyone wants to hear is that i'm a star procrastinator and lazy bastard. truly though, in the last month or so (the time period i allotted for the bulk of the work on my map when i was doing the early 'rough drafts' in the project's infancy), i developed personal obligations that are using more of my free time than i had originally predicted they would. and with respect, i value those obligations more than my obligation to this project.

and so. there is no way i can make any of my scraps into a playable, finished product given the deadline. i realize i am disappointing everyone and that people will try to talk me into buckling down and making my contribution, but if i hadn't been trying i would've posted this a lot sooner.

so there. sorry. if there are miracle-mappers with the spare time to fill the slot and finish a map in a week then consider this a late grab thread, but i don't expect that of anyone and that's not why i wrote this. i made this thread because looking through the forum i get the vibe that there will be a small group of 'absentees' and i wanted to at least give the project leader some respect and tell him straight that i have to bail out.

and there it is. i know most of the rest of you are awesome, dedicated mappers and that the finished project will be great regardless of the number of maps.

Old Post 10-14-04 00:52 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Boy O Boy I know how you feel. It does suck that you won't be able to finish your map.

There are a couple of miracle mappers around here. So not to worry. You have done much for the community over the years so no reason to sweat it.

I know that Psyren here on the boards has 4 maps that can be brought to the project. They are finished and playtested. He did not have a slot in the project and would love to have one. I am 98% certain he would take it, we spoke about the possibility recently.

So, I elect the spot for Psyren if Liam won't be able to finish it. I will PM him and let him come back to the thread here.

Old Post 10-14-04 03:53 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Sorry you cant finish Liam, I was looking forward to your level. Thanks for keeping up on this too Searcher, I want to see a full megawad like CC1.

Old Post 10-14-04 05:52 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

I could fill the slot if nobody else does.

Old Post 10-14-04 07:18 #
Lutrov71 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyber-menace

and there's always still Erik with his psyco mapping speed. He could spit out another level for the MegaWad in a couple of days!

Old Post 10-14-04 11:38 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

nah, this psycho is concentrating all his mapping energy on scythe2 atm.

Old Post 10-14-04 11:41 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Use3d, I would also love to see a full mega wad.

I am glad there are maps that can be brought to the project, that are already done, and by someone who does not have a slot. He should have a little exposure. He is a good mapper.

I am sure Psyren will likely be by here today to accept.

Old Post 10-14-04 17:22 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

Lutrov71 said:
I could fill the slot if nobody else does.
go for it :)

Old Post 10-14-04 23:41 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

I'll take the slot. I've already started on something good. It's not much of a contribution either if Psyren just adds an already finished map either.

Old Post 10-15-04 09:14 #
Lutrov71 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Psyren's maps are finished. They have not been released. What do you mean not much of a contribution?

Lutrov you already have map 6. He has none, and wants one. No need to not allow anyone new, who is good, into the project.

Old Post 10-15-04 18:14 #
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

Ok Ok, let the damn guy put his already finished map onto the project. I still think Cadman would like the map to have been built for the project though.

Last edited by Lutrov71 on 10-15-04 at 23:29

Old Post 10-15-04 22:51 #
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

We had that last time anyway, 4 of the maps came from Searcher's Blind Alley series.

Old Post 10-16-04 00:22 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
psyren

Ok, well I'm late responding, and you're right. I can't imagine how just stuffing a finished map into an almost finished series can really work. Not knowing where it has come from or what it's going into - just map13 - is not a good way to do it.

I'd like a place in the project, but I have no interest in detracting from the theme any. Sure, I could rework a map of mine to fit in the time left, but so could anyone else.

Old Post 10-16-04 02:27 #
psyren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

There's a theme now? Dang!

Old Post 10-16-04 02:31 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

psyren said:
Ok, well I'm late responding, and you're right. I can't imagine how just stuffing a finished map into an almost finished series can really work. Not knowing where it has come from or what it's going into - just map13 - is not a good way to do it.

I'd like a place in the project, but I have no interest in detracting from the theme any. Sure, I could rework a map of mine to fit in the time left, but so could anyone else.

There is no theme.

Old Post 10-16-04 03:00 #
psyren

Thanx Lutrov71, Who has map12 and map14 and what are the themes? Tell me a little bit and I'll make it look like all 3 maps are by the same author. Broken up room exiting a tech base can easily be incorporated into a hell-type level, or vice versa. It will look like one mapper did all three maps if you guys give me some input.

Don't you want it to look cool and professional, and not like just a bunch of people threw together enough maps to make a megawad?

Old Post 10-16-04 03:43 #
psyren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

What theme?

Stuffing a map into a wad?

Psyren's maps are good and would fit perfectly.

Psyren, pick your best map. Save it as map 13 and send it to Cadman for gosh sake.

Post your map name in this thread:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...&threadid=20387

Make sure The Ultimate Doomer gets the name for the graphics part of the project.

Old Post 10-16-04 03:48 #