Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > MAP19: up for playtesting and schedule

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:56. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hirogen2

MAP19 "The Marbelous Three" is ready for bug-hunting and play-testing.

(URL killed due to request of Use3D. Please PM, IRC, ICQ or just raise your hand for URL :)

To make this process as ergonomic as possible, I would like you to do these steps:

1. Play through it like you would with a normal map. Please record a demo (format: preferably zdoom) of your walk. (Should you die, continue to record until you are either bored or reach the exit.) With this step I want to find out whether there is a good ammo/health/monster distribution

2a. Post a short paragraph (or more if you like) on how you liked the map.

2b. Make suggestions about subjective improvements (if applicable), i.e. if you *personally* would like to have something changed, which does not necessarily need to meet other Doomers' likes.

3. Make suggestions about objective improvements (= bug reporting), i.e. what is definitely wrong (where all Doomers would agree), like wrong texture or its offset, getting crushed no matter what you do, etc.

4. Watch my walkthrough demo (rc1_walk.lmp). Would you have been able to do it like this?
If you were not able to complete the map, would you /now/ be able?

(5. Post the response, and thanks for the reply!)

Schedule for this map:
- Bugreporting and playtesting this week (implies fixing the stuff)
- Submission to Cadman for CC2 end of this week (preferably Friday 22nd)
(- Get your CC2 on 31st)

Quick poll: Should the map itself be released (in newstuff) 1. before CC2 (=Oct 24), 2. with CC2 (Oct 31), 3. or after?

Last edited by Hirogen2 on 10-19-04 at 07:41

Old Post 10-18-04 23:44 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman
I'm not supposed to be here...no really

Playtest the map and get it to me please, I am not a fan of crisis management here...:)

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Old Post 10-19-04 02:32 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Hirogen2 said:

Quick poll: Should the map itself be released (in newstuff) 1. before CC2 (=Oct 24), 2. with CC2 (Oct 31), 3. or after?

It should be with cc2, and you might want to remove the link so non team members won't get it early. I had a quick peek at it and it's mighty nice looking.

Old Post 10-19-04 03:41 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

Cadman said:
Playtest the map and get it to me please,

It is already playtested (all 3 skill levels (1,3,4)), but only by me. I especially need some "weak" doomers which always play difficulty 1 or 2.

I am not a fan of crisis management here... :)

Guess what a crisis it was for me to get it out in time because you want it in time... (been up on Sunday and Monday evening until 01:00 (which is the next day) heh.)

And I think one week before releasel is enough, if not, see (b).
(b) Should I, for what reason ever (God no!), don't get a "final" version to you, feel free to grab the latest RC.

Old Post 10-19-04 06:59 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

Hirogen2 said:
MAP19 "The Marbelous Three" is ready for bug-hunting and play-testing.

(URL killed due to request of Use3D. Please PM, IRC, ICQ or just raise your hand for URL :)

To make this process as ergonomic as possible, I would like you to do these steps:

1. Play through it like you would with a normal map. Please record a demo (format: preferably zdoom) of your walk. (Should you die, continue to record until you are either bored or reach the exit.) With this step I want to find out whether there is a good ammo/health/monster distribution

2a. Post a short paragraph (or more if you like) on how you liked the map.

2b. Make suggestions about subjective improvements (if applicable), i.e. if you *personally* would like to have something changed, which does not necessarily need to meet other Doomers' likes.

3. Make suggestions about objective improvements (= bug reporting), i.e. what is definitely wrong (where all Doomers would agree), like wrong texture or its offset, getting crushed no matter what you do, etc.

4. Watch my walkthrough demo (rc1_walk.lmp). Would you have been able to do it like this?
If you were not able to complete the map, would you /now/ be able?

(5. Post the response, and thanks for the reply!)

Schedule for this map:
- Bugreporting and playtesting this week (implies fixing the stuff)
- Submission to Cadman for CC2 end of this week (preferably Friday 22nd)
(- Get your CC2 on 31st)

COMMENTS
The map looks good. The style was a little cramped and overdetailed for me, but it was not bad at all. Gameplay was easy but tense and atmospheric at the same time.

SUGGESTIONS
Create some kind of light on the skullkey indicators in the start room so that you can tell the yellow and red symbols apart better.
Reduce the amount of ammo on skill 4, add berserk.

Old Post 10-19-04 15:09 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iori
#legacy bastard

I'd like to give'r a shot.

Old Post 10-21-04 23:50 #
iori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote