Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Community Chest 3 OFFICIAL SIGNUP (old)
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Linguica

Alright, let's get this party started, or something.

Community Chest 3 is the third in the series of Community Chest wads (boy that's a useless statement). Once again mappers from Doomworld will band together to build a lot of completely unrelated maps and then put them into a megawad with no progression or flow!!!

Now for the basics:

THIS WAD WILL BE A ZDOOM ONLY WAD. THIS MEANS IT WILL REQUIRE WHATEVER THE LATEST VERSION OF ZDOOM IS BY THE TIME OF RELEASE. If Randy gets off his ass and puts in some new features in a new version before the release date, then you can cram them into your maps.

PEOPLE CAN PUT IN WHATEVER NEW RESOURCES THEY WANT AS LONG AS THEY ARE GUARANTEED NOT TO CONFLICT WITH ANYTHING ELSE. This means that we will have to use a system of naming the new resources, which is TBD.

NO FORCING THE VIEW OUT OF THE PLAYER'S EYES. NO FREEZING THE PLAYER. The ZDoom features are to be used for enhancing the experience, not replacing it. If you want to make a cutscene, it has to be an "in-game" cutscene, not cutting to a camera and showing things talking with hudmessages. No starting a level with a swooping camera view. No freezing the player and showing some door opening on the other side of the map. We have camera textures now, make a "monitor" next to the switch and actually show the door opening on the monitor. There should never be a second when the player is unable to move or the view is forcibly taken away from him.

THERE WILL BE ONE GENERAL PURPOSE "SPECIAL" KEY BIND. The WAD will include a key bind that does "puke 999" and if you want the player to have some special action, use that script. If you don't want it, ignore it, just don't have a script 999.

NO STEALTH MONSTERS OR PARTICLE FOUNTAINS, this isn't 2001.

BE ORIGINAL, we don't need another boring ass megawad of standard Doom maps.

The way this will work is that people will choose a map number as usual. However, if you want to make a hub, have at it. The map numbers are going to be used only to determine the progression from one peron's contribution to the next, if the person making Map08 wants a 4-part hub, then it will be something like MAP08, MAP08B, MAP08C, MAP08D, and then someone else's MAP09. Also note that we are not limited to 32 maps, although I doubt we'll be getting many more than that. If we need to go up to MAP298 for some reason, so be it.

It's 4/11 today, is eight months enough time? Seems like plenty to me, in which case we will pencil in a tentative release date of December 10, 2005. However, we're not going to do it like CC2 and let people not submit a damn thing until like a week before the release date, thus causing it to be pushed back a month, ahem. So to that end:

THE FIRST PROGRESS MILESTONE WILL BE JULY 1, 2005.

By that date I will expect a submission showing that you have started your map to some degree. It doesn't have to be done by then, but there does need to be some degree of effort visible. At that point I may possibly set a second progress milestone before the final entry deadline, which will probably be in November.

So yeah, post in this thread to sign up.

Edit: ok heres the list so far

1. 0-Mephisto-0
  2. AgentSpork
  3. Aleaver
  4. Bastet Furry
  5. BlackFish
  6. BloodSkull
  7. chopkinsca
  8. Cyb
  9. Danarchy
  10. DemonDemon
  11. Doom Marine
  12. DoomAD
  13. DoomedAce
  14. Dr. Zin
  15. evilhomerdoomer
  16. FenderDude_89
  17. Job
  18. Jonathan
  19. Kochipahk
  20. Linguica
  21. Lutrov71
  22. MasterOFDeath
  23. NiGHTMARE
  24. Nick Perrin
  25. POTGIESSER
  26. Quast
  27. SS-Bowen
  28. SlayeR
  29. Stealthy Ivan
  30. TheDarkArchon
  31. Tormentor667
  32. Ultraviolet
  33. Vader
  34. Veddge
  35. XXoXX
  36. deathz0r
  37. exl
  38. iori
  39. lerner
  40. nightice
  41. ravage
  42. zarkyb
  43. Kaiser
  44. Submerge
  45. WildWeasel
  46. Xenophon
  47. Johnatone

Old Post 04-12-05 01:31 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

MAP18!!

Old Post 04-12-05 01:37 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

I'll take map01, map10, and map20

Old Post 04-12-05 01:38 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SS-Bowen
Mini-Member

Hmm.. what to do what to do...

I always liked doing boss levels so if its ok i guess ill work on map 30

Old Post 04-12-05 01:42 #
SS-Bowen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Woot!

I already have a plan for my map. I hope I dont forget about it or give up. Give me like map09 or so.

Old Post 04-12-05 01:45 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iori
#legacy bastard

map 02 and map 11

Old Post 04-12-05 01:45 #
iori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AgentSpork
Agent Spork is a resourceful agent for the Country

Map03, please.

Old Post 04-12-05 01:52 #
AgentSpork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodskull
Reputation is a bubble which a man bursts when he tries to blow it for himself.

Edit: Make that Map04.

Old Post 04-12-05 01:52 #
Bloodskull is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Sounds like there's time enough to take forever on this. Map 05 for me.

deathz0r said:
I take map00.
I take your mom.

Last edited by Job on 04-12-05 at 02:03

Old Post 04-12-05 01:57 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

I take map00.

Old Post 04-12-05 02:02 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sirjuddington
Slade doesn't mean what it used to

Ok I'll contribute a map to this one ;)

Not particularly fussed about the map number, but if I have to choose one... MAP15.

Old Post 04-12-05 02:16 #
sirjuddington is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nightice
Mini-Member

Do the levels have to have anything in common with their D2 counterparts? i.e. if I do MAP31 does it have to be wolf-style?

Old Post 04-12-05 03:21 #
nightice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Map06 please.

Old Post 04-12-05 03:21 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

nightice said:
Do the levels have to have anything in common with their D2 counterparts? i.e. if I do MAP31 does it have to be wolf-style?
No, of course not. Plus I will probably just shuffle the maps at the end to approximate a progression from small to large anyway.

Old Post 04-12-05 03:23 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lerner

I'll take the lowest map number that's still available.

Old Post 04-12-05 03:55 #
lerner is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

I'm in - I want Map12.

And are you serious about the particle fountains? What if I absolutely need a particle fountain for, I dunno, a water fountain? Or do you expect me to just toss that out?

Old Post 04-12-05 03:56 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

Map 08 please

Old Post 04-12-05 04:52 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

WildWeasel said:

And are you serious about the particle fountains? What if I absolutely need a particle fountain for, I dunno, a water fountain? Or do you expect me to just toss that out?

Particle foutains are cool...
Btw can I get map15?

Old Post 04-12-05 04:59 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DemonDemon

Cool, another one. :D Considerng I have never actually released any map I have ever made, I dunno if I'd be able to make it in, but if I can could I get map err, 9 I guess? :) Could be a nice way to show what I can (or can't) do.

Old Post 04-12-05 05:18 #
DemonDemon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kochipahk

I've been working on a wad, but I'm not sure it will be anywhere near good enough for this.

Let alone make it a ZDoom wad.

When I finish it, I'll send it in. If you reject it, I'll just release it as a stand-alone wad.

Old Post 04-12-05 05:31 #
Kochipahk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quast
insert title here

I guess I can give a hand at this. I won't bother "taking dibs" on any map number since you're mixing them up. Plus, map number doesn't really mean shit anyway.

Old Post 04-12-05 05:54 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

WildWeasel said:
http://www.doomworld.com/linguica/fountain.zip

I did that in like 2 minutes, just replace the imp ball with a water thingy and voila.

I will probably have some thread where people can go to get ACS help. Or just go to the ZDoom forums, heh.

Old Post 04-12-05 06:35 #
Vader

I should be able to make a nice map within 8 months, so please sign me up for map 21.
That would be great!

Edit:
Are we allowed to use custom monsters (not necessarily from the MRW!)?

Last edited by Vader on 04-12-05 at 18:51

Old Post 04-12-05 08:32 #
Vader is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
exl
Personal Test Dummy

Any map will do for me, if they get shuffled anyway.

Old Post 04-12-05 08:40 #
exl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tormentor667

Ok, this time - as it is ZDoom - I join :) MAP28!

Old Post 04-12-05 12:58 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
0-Mephisto-0

I'm in again, map14 please.

Old Post 04-12-05 13:03 #
0-Mephisto-0 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

July? Shit. I'll take map 22 then. (dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn)

Old Post 04-12-05 13:08 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

Map27 for me!

Last edited by Lutrov71 on 04-12-05 at 14:35

Old Post 04-12-05 14:17 #
Lutrov71 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bastet Furry
THE WERELION

Cant decide so give me a mapslot.
I will do some underworld cavern stuff when that helps deciding.

Old Post 04-12-05 14:22 #
Bastet Furry is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xenophon

Map23 please.

Old Post 04-12-05 16:02 #
Xenophon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote