Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Community Chest 3 OFFICIAL SIGNUP (old)
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

Linguica said:
WTF you can make your own skies in a ZDoom level you realize

The data lumps are not my strength. I've only figured out SNDINFO and DECORATE, nothing else.

Old Post 04-13-05 04:51 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lerner

Map07 is cool.

Old Post 04-13-05 05:01 #
lerner is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iori
#legacy bastard

You can use a boom linetype to use your own sky. 271/272 i think it is.

Old Post 04-13-05 05:23 #
iori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scuba Steve

WildWeasel said:

The data lumps are not my strength. I've only figured out SNDINFO and DECORATE, nothing else.

Make a skybox... it requires some sectors and an object.

Old Post 04-13-05 05:26 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
udderdude

I'd sign up, but I've been way too busy lately. Sorry guys. :P

Old Post 04-13-05 05:32 #
udderdude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel

Scuba Steve said:

Make a skybox... it requires some sectors and an object.

I know skyboxes, but I'm no good at writing the text lumps.

Old Post 04-13-05 06:02 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AgentSpork
Agent Spork is a resourceful agent for the Country

Why the hell do you need to create a text lump to make a sky box?

Old Post 04-13-05 06:11 #
AgentSpork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Marine
took his ball and went home

Would you be so kind to let me have Map29? I have a firewalk in mind...

Old Post 04-13-05 08:06 #
Doom Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyber-menace

Linguica said:
You can't make a ZDoom map without particle fountains and shitty cutscenes? Oh well.

Whenever I make a Zdoom map I prefer to make a more unique map for gameplay reasons, and since CC3 is trying to stick to standard gameplay, I wouldn't be able to get any inspiration to make a regular gameplay Zdoom map. As strange as that sounds, it's true.

Old Post 04-13-05 11:41 #
cyber-menace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zark
is more awesome than Ralphis

I'd like a map, I'm not too fussy which one though.

Old Post 04-13-05 12:57 #
zark is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

cyber-menace said:

Whenever I make a Zdoom map I prefer to make a more unique map for gameplay reasons, and since CC3 is trying to stick to standard gameplay, I wouldn't be able to get any inspiration to make a regular gameplay Zdoom map. As strange as that sounds, it's true.

What the hell do cutscenes and particle fountains have to do with gameplay?

Old Post 04-13-05 16:39 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

cyber-menace said:
I never said people had to stick to standard gameplay, I said they had to actually have constant gameplay, and not break it up by freezing the player or cutting to some cutscene.

Old Post 04-13-05 16:39 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Well, cutscenes need to be banned, but I can't see any reason for banning particle fountains - I mean they hardly get abused, and can add a nice touch to maps.

Old Post 04-13-05 18:02 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

The Ultimate DooMer said:
Well, cutscenes need to be banned, but I can't see any reason for banning particle fountains - I mean they hardly get abused, and can add a nice touch to maps.
They're ugly as fuck.

Old Post 04-13-05 18:04 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Ultraviolet said:
They're ugly as fuck.
So's your mom but you don't see me complaining. :P Anyway, I think that particle fountains used sparingly are ok, especially if they actually make sense where they are. I think that anyone who makes a level with a particle fountain(s) should indicate so in their .txt or whatever so that if Ling feels that it ruins the level, he can remove them.

Old Post 04-13-05 19:15 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nightice
Mini-Member

Should these be Doom or Doom-Hexen format?

Old Post 04-13-05 20:23 #
nightice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

nightice said:
Should these be Doom or Doom-Hexen format?
Uhhh Doom-Hexen since isn't that the only way to do all the ZDoom specific nonsense?

What the hell is a particle fountain supposed to be? If it's a blue one I guess you can claim it's water although it looks nothing like water. Other colored particle fountains are just... things... that Randy added in for some reason, they don't make any sense and they look hideous.

Old Post 04-13-05 20:56 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

Sing me on up for MAP29. I need to work on my zdoom abilities anyhow. This will be nice practice. I'll be using MRW foes in the map, if nobody has any frothing complaints against it.

Old Post 04-13-05 21:27 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Linguica said:
Uhhh Doom-Hexen since isn't that the only way to do all the ZDoom specific nonsense?
You can do some ZDoom nonsense in a non-Hexen format map.

Old Post 04-13-05 21:49 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Submerge said:
Sing me on up for MAP29.

You're the third person to ask for that map number :P.

I believe all the standard map numbers are taken now, so anyone else wanting to join will have to request something higher. Though as has already been said a few times, Ling will eventually be readjusting the order of the finished levels anyway.

Perhaps merely stating whether you want to work on a "a low difficulty", "very high difficulty", or whatever map would be a better idea.

Old Post 04-13-05 22:14 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel

AgentSpork said:
Why the hell do you need to create a text lump to make a sky box?

I don't intend to use skyboxes, and I just don't have the patience to make the necessary MAPINFO lump to set my sky to the city sky. I know about the Wiki, by the way, so you can forget about linking me to it.

Old Post 04-13-05 23:24 #
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

heh, well, i was going to make a difficult, hell based map. I don't really care what level number it gets.

someone update the listing, better yet, make a new sticky thread containing the listing.

Old Post 04-13-05 23:40 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kochipahk

I could put two particle fountains in my map that would make sense, but I could just change the fountains into statues if that's too much trouble.

Old Post 04-14-05 00:50 #
Kochipahk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

WildWeasel said:

I don't intend to use skyboxes, and I just don't have the patience to make the necessary MAPINFO lump to set my sky to the city sky.

You realize you have like 8 months

Old Post 04-14-05 02:28 #
Scuba Steve

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT PARTICLE FOUNTAINS SO BAD!? They're hideous and there is no use for them. The only Zdoom particle thing that is even REMOTELY useful is the elctric spark. Rip some water sprites or draw your own for god sakes if you need water or sludge that bad.

Old Post 04-14-05 02:33 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lutrov71
That 1024 guy

Agreed. It isn't like your map will be any worse without particle fountains. Be more creative!

Old Post 04-14-05 02:43 #
Lutrov71 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel

Linguica said:
You realize you have like 8 months

That's not the point. I have never been very good at coding. The weapon mods I've put out in the past have only been the product of much swearing, crashing, and reexamining tutorials to make sure I'm doing things right. Often times it's sheer luck that I get things working right.

Old Post 04-14-05 03:02 #
Quast
insert title here

WildWeasel said:
and I just don't have the patience to make the necessary MAPINFO lump to set my sky to the city sky.

FFS, it would take you less than 5 minutes to do this

Old Post 04-14-05 03:02 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel

Quast said:

FFS, it would take you less than 5 minutes to do this

To learn how to use MAPINFO? I'm not that good. Wiki page is useful, of course, but I'm a programming inept.

Old Post 04-14-05 03:03 #
Quast
insert title here

map MAP01 "durrrrrr"
sky1 SKY1 0
music D_RUNNIN
next MAP02

quite difficult, i must say

Old Post 04-14-05 03:11 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote