Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Rules/Guidelines & Other info.(Read BEFORE signing up!!)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aleaver
Can't spll

COMMUNITY CHEST III is a Boom compatible maps project

This project is a community effort. There is no set theame for the maps. That I will leave in the hands of the mappers in the project. If you guys want to do maps that flow together, you guys will have to get with each other and do that. I have no problem with that.

<---Be sure to name the .wad file: CC3m##.wad when you save your map. It should look like this: CC3m25.wad. Useing my map as an example of course.--->

Rules:

1. NO ZDOOM EFFECTS This project is BOOM compatible. Everyone was given a chance to vote and that is just how it turned out.
  2. Must have all multiplayer starts. Don't forget them.
  3. NO CUSTOM MONSTERS Regular DOOM monsters will do..
  4. CUSTOM MUSIC will be allowed.
  5. NO CRITICISM OF OTHER PEOPLES MAPS. Meaning if there are people in the project that are not as good at mapping then everyone else. NO BASHING. Instead help them out by giveing them tips and whatnot. Gotta learn somewhere.
  6. CUSTOM TEXTURES will be allowed (thank you guys for reminding me)
  7. BETA-TESTING must be kept within the project. Meaning do not send your map to someone not in the project for them to beta test.
  8. NO CUSTOM WEAPONS OR SOUNDS Samething as monsters..regular DOOM weapons and sounds will do.
  9. DO NOT BUMP OLD THREADS IN THIS FOURM Check the dates in the thread you are looking at before you post!

(NEW!) Release date (UPDATE 05-24-07): Map slots are still filled. But It looks like the May 1st release date is not gonna happen. I have decided to move it back to June 15th.July 15
New (04-07-07) http://www.aldp.ws A site for CC 3!

Map cut off date July 30th. All maps need to be sent to me (finished) by this date. That will give me 5 days to put the project together and get it tested before August 5th.

This will be updated if I think of anything else or if I see other issues arise.

Last edited by Aleaver on 07-12-07 at 23:01

Old Post 07-06-06 01:15 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
insertwackynamehere
The Chewbacca defense gone nightmare

6. No, the term "community chest" does not refer to Gianna Michaels' rack. Stop asking.

:P

Old Post 07-06-06 02:09 #
insertwackynamehere is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

insertwackynamehere said:
6. No, the term "community chest" does not refer to Gianna Michaels' rack. Stop asking.

:P

Hmm have to think about that one..I'll get back to ya on that :P

Old Post 07-06-06 02:38 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
XXoXX

I was actually thiking of asking this same question...never mind. How about custom flats and textures? And can you specify any naming conventions required for the custom resources? I currently use a lot of UDoom texs in my map.

Old Post 07-06-06 08:46 #
XXoXX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Soap on a Rope
Green Marine

I'm not Aleaver, but I imagine that textures and flats are fine, since using them won't risk messing up the megawad's compatibility, and the boost in filesize is trivial these days.

I would like an official word on this, too, though, before I go texture-happy on some of the details on the map.

Old Post 07-06-06 15:20 #
Soap on a Rope is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Rules updated.........

Old Post 07-06-06 23:58 #
EarthQuake
9.5 on the Richter!

When is the estimated release date?

I might actually consider mapping for this, provided I have a large expanse of time.

Old Post 10-12-06 06:46 #
EarthQuake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Yes please do!

Old Post 10-12-06 07:08 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

EarthQuake said:
When is the estimated release date?

i don't think there is one yet, at least i wasn't notified of one. just take your time.

Old Post 10-12-06 13:34 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EarthQuake
9.5 on the Richter!

Eh, okay, I'm in.

Old Post 10-12-06 18:38 #
EarthQuake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Shadow Dweller said:

i don't think there is one yet, at least i wasn't notified of one. just take your time.

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
CHECK TOP POST OF THIS THREAD, THE MAP STATUS THREAD, OR THE MAP SLOTS THREAD FOR NEW RELEASE DATE INFO.
<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Last edited by Aleaver on 04-06-07 at 07:55

Old Post 10-13-06 02:08 #
doom2day
Forum Regular

We can't turn the SS into a zombie marine?

Old Post 07-08-07 22:26 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Keeping it simple..so nope.. No Custom Monsters.. Sorry

Old Post 07-08-07 23:08 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

New Rule added..fourm based this time.

Old Post 07-12-07 23:02 #