Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Something Else Needed

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aleaver
Can't spll

I need someone or maybe even afew people to do the level names and other graphical things like title screen and whatnot. I'm not gonna lie and say I know how to do that and I'm not ashamed to ask for help so. If anyone would like to help. Reply here! And thanks in advance....

Old Post 07-19-06 03:04 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

I can do the level names (CWILV00) though my skills are limited in that.

Old Post 07-19-06 17:30 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MTrop

I've got a question - are we going to be using the stock Doom II skies or are we going to decide on new ones for the three sections of the game?

Old Post 07-22-06 20:01 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Mista_T said:
I've got a question - are we going to be using the stock Doom II skies or are we going to decide on new ones for the three sections of the game?

Well if some people would make some new ones, sure we would use them..we could even hold another vote if it comes down to it if alot of people make new skys..

Old Post 07-22-06 20:49 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Is this good enough:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8752/cc3kg1.png

Old Post 07-23-06 13:32 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

dutch devil said:
Is this good enough:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8752/cc3kg1.png

Looks good to me. I like it.

Old Post 07-23-06 16:43 #
Soap on a Rope
Green Marine

I'm not too bad at those graphical things you speak of, but I don't really have any ideas at the moment for such jobs that jump out and scream "ooh, pick me!" so I'm not going to volunteer yet.

Also, the "burning city" sky for the second "segment" of the game could be replaced with something a little more generic, such as the cloudy sky from the early levels in Heretic, or pretty much any sky from Hexen.
I'd be cool with any of that if it happened.

Old Post 07-23-06 17:18 #
Soap on a Rope is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

I've got a few random skies which have yet to be used in a project, although they may need some slight tweaking:

http://www.teamhellspawn.com/skyred.bmp
http://www.teamhellspawn.com/skyhell.bmp
http://www.teamhellspawn.com/sky666.bmp
http://www.teamhellspawn.com/moonsky.bmp (designed as a tall sky for Legacy, so it needs cropping)

and one by DooMGoaT:
http://www.teamhellspawn.com/skyuber.bmp

Old Post 07-23-06 22:15 #
DooMAD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

DooMAD said:
I've got a few random skies which have yet to be used in a project, although they may need some slight tweaking:

http://www.teamhellspawn.com/skyred.bmp
http://www.teamhellspawn.com/skyhell.bmp
http://www.teamhellspawn.com/sky666.bmp
http://www.teamhellspawn.com/moonsky.bmp (designed as a tall sky for Legacy, so it needs cropping)

and one by DooMGoaT:
http://www.teamhellspawn.com/skyuber.bmp

I like those alot. I think they would work good in the project. But that is coming off a bais of my map. (imaging how each would work in my map that is) ..So everyone else in the project: What do you all think?

Old Post 07-24-06 01:47 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

I like those skies I say use some of those.

Old Post 07-24-06 09:31 #
XXoXX

Some of them reminds me of the TNT and Plutonia skies.

Old Post 07-24-06 10:51 #
XXoXX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Black Void

Mmm, nice skies; go for it, use'em all the way =)

Old Post 07-24-06 19:13 #
Black Void is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

So have we reached a verdict? Do we use DooMad's skys?

Old Post 07-30-06 01:59 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

I don't see why not, and since these are boom levels people can just use transfer sky special for custom skies if they want.

Old Post 07-30-06 02:03 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MTrop

The second and third part of Doom II should at least be replaced. The first part could maybe use Ultimate Doom's Thy Flesh Consumed Episode sky.

Old Post 07-31-06 19:18 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Mista_T said:
The first part could maybe use Ultimate Doom's Thy Flesh Consumed Episode sky.

This sky is everywhere. Granted I like it, it would be as good a choice as any, but I'd love to see some custom made skies for the project. Come to think of it, I have a sky made by Thomas van der Velden for the unlreased TVR2, he donated it to cc2 at the time...

Old Post 07-31-06 20:12 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Last month, I created intermission level title graphics for every level in the project. Today, I made a graphic containing many examples, so I could upload it and show them to you.

Except, apparently, my "disk quota" is "exceeded." Uh, would anybody like to host them for me?

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 09-03-07 20:41 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

The Green Herring said:
Last month, I created intermission level title graphics for every level in the project. Today, I made a graphic containing many examples, so I could upload it and show them to you.

Except, apparently, my "disk quota" is "exceeded." Uh, would anybody like to host them for me?

:O

You have great initiative.

Old Post 09-04-07 00:05 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RottKing

The Green Herring said:

Can't you upload them to imageshack or something?

Old Post 09-04-07 00:49 #
RottKing is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

RottKing said:

Can't you upload them to imageshack or something?

Ack! Thank you for reminding me. Man, I'm a dork.

In any case, click here to see examples of the intermission level title graphics I made for this project. Check 'em out.

Old Post 09-04-07 00:58 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

The Green Herring said:
In any case, click here to see examples of the intermission level title graphics I made for this project. Check 'em out.

Very cool!

Old Post 09-04-07 01:38 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

By the way, I wonder if anyone wants to do the CREDIT and BOSSBACK? Perhaps the latter can be an image of an open treasure chest, to match the whole "pirates" theme going on this time around? ;)

Old Post 09-05-07 03:29 #
pcorf

With MAP09 I've included my own sky and mapinfo. That mapinfo data is then transferred (copied and pasted) into the main mapinfo. I like the Doom2 song Into Sandy's City for the level music so thats why I had no new music.

Old Post 09-05-07 17:02 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

MAPINFO? This is for boom buddy, mapinfo won't work. You have to use your sky using sky transfer specials within the map itself.

Old Post 09-05-07 17:44 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

While we're on the subject of credits, I am using textures and music that aren't mine, and I made mention of this in the text file I sent with my map so just make sure that gets into the main text file somehow.

Old Post 09-05-07 19:06 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MTrop

Use3D said:
MAPINFO? This is for boom buddy, mapinfo won't work. You have to use your sky using sky transfer specials within the map itself.

Indeed. Paul, you'll need to make liberal use of linedef type 271. Stick your sky onto a a line's front sidedef's upper texture and give it special 271, and tag the sectors that use the new sky with the line special's tag.

Also, you'll have to drop the music into the wad. It can be a straight MIDI, though, since Boom can read MIDI (or at least I think it can).

Old Post 09-05-07 23:28 #
Dr. Zin

Mista_T said:

Indeed. Paul, you'll need to make liberal use of linedef type 271. Stick your sky onto a a line's front sidedef's upper texture and give it special 271, and tag the sectors that use the new sky with the line special's tag.

Just keep the 271 line with a tag of 0 and the skybox will default to the new texture.

Old Post 09-05-07 23:57 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MTrop

Dr. Zin said:

Just keep the 271 line with a tag of 0 and the skybox will default to the new texture.

Or that, and I'm an idiot. :)

Old Post 09-06-07 04:04 #
Dr. Zin

Mista_T said:

Or that, and I'm an idiot. :)

No, I did the tagging every sector thing too until I saw a post by another member of the forum (Use3d?) advising just the use of tag 0. You do have to create more 271 lines for any sector tagged with a sky, as they revert to the default skybox.

Old Post 09-06-07 04:35 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote