Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Map slot requests. (Offical)
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aleaver
Can't spll

Update November 22 2007:PROJECT RELEASE !
Ok here is the new Offical map slot thread. This thread is for requesting map slot(s) for Community Chest III.

Edit: Thank you Bloodshedder for the thread sticky!! And thank you Grazza for showing me how to see old threads. I will keep this one since its stickied. This thread is more up-to-date also.

code:
Project satistics/info: MAP01: Use3D ("Ventilator") MAP02: Dutch Devil ("Ionstorm") MAP03: BlackFish & Soap on a Rope ("Mineopoly") MAP04: Doom2day ("UAC Checkpoint") MAP05: Doom2day ("Living Hell") MAP06: Tormentor667 ("Foregone Destruction") MAP07: Mista_T ("Simple Complex") MAP08: Aleaver & The Green Herring ("Impure Liquids") MAP09: Paul Corfiatis ("As the Doctor Sleeps") MAP10: Kid Airbag ("Atlantis Rising") MAP11: Kirby ("The Grieving Outpost") MAP12: RottKing ("Black Rain") MAP13: Thomas van der Velden ("Welcome to the Machine") MAP14: Soap on a Rope ("Mountains and Mortar") MAP15: The Green Herring ("Clash of Galaxies") MAP16: Shadow Dweller ("Hangman's Noose") MAP17: Aleaver ("Mind's Prison") MAP18: Phobus (God Forsaken Hole) MAP19: Use3D ("Subduction") MAP20: Dr. Zin {"Huitzilopochtli") MAP21: Thomas van der Velden ("The Hero's Return") MAP22: dutch devil ("Second Entry") MAP23: dutch devil ("Hard Attack") MAP24: The Flange Peddler ("Amalgamation") MAP25: Aleaver ("Fate in Blood") MAP26: Dr. Zin ("Hybrid Envy") MAP27: The Green Herring ("Ruby Abyss") MAP28: RjY ("Token Archvile") MAP29: Mista_T ("For We Are Many") MAP30: Mista_T ("Leviathan") MAP31: lupinx-Kassman ("Disarming the Mechanism") MAP32: Shadow Dweller & The Green Herring ("Installation 07 Warzsawa") Graphics: 1. Doom_user 2. The Green Herring 3. DOOMMad 4. Tormentor667 Beta Testing Team: 1. The Green Herring 2. pcorf 3. ragnew 4. Nuxius 5. Anima Zero and all other mappers in the project. Total number of people envolved in the project: 25 Build time: one year+ Project Website: http://www.aldp.ws/5622/6464.html

Last edited by Aleaver on 11-22-07 at 08:05

Old Post 10-13-06 02:10 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

One thing I'm not sure of, does Boom compatible allow for slots in map33-34? I thought having more than 32 maps was zdoom specific.

Old Post 10-13-06 03:30 #
Use3D is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Use3D said:
One thing I'm not sure of, does Boom compatible allow for slots in map33-34? I thought having more than 32 maps was zdoom specific.

I'm not sure either, this could be a problem.

Old Post 10-13-06 03:43 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Aleaver said:
Since we lost the other thread sometime back
WTF?

I suggest changing the "Default Thread View" in User Profile - Edit Options.

Old Post 10-13-06 04:15 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Grazza said:
WTF?

I suggest changing the "Default Thread View" in User Profile - Edit Options.

I see. Thank you for pointing this out to me. My eyes are now open ha ha.

Old Post 10-13-06 05:23 #
MTrop

I'll close the old thread now that we have an official one up.

Old Post 10-13-06 07:13 #
MTrop is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Use3D said:

Why are there even 35 maps? We don't even have enough mappers to fill 32 slots right now, and adding those three extra maps seems sort of arbitrary to me.

Old Post 10-14-06 20:37 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Well it was a zdoom project with 35 maps at the start. Then a vote was held and it became a Boom project. The map number was never changed but I'm currently thinking it may have to be changed. I'm not sure if Boom supports more than 32 maps. If anyone could answer this, I would be very greatful and it would be a great help in assureing this project gets completed and maybe set up the chances of additnal CC projects in the future.

Last edited by Aleaver on 10-15-06 at 01:04

Old Post 10-14-06 22:36 #
MTrop

I don't believe Boom can support more than 32 maps. The reason that ZDoom can is that it supports a Hexen-like MAPINFO lump that maps map slots to arbitrary marker lumps.

Old Post 10-15-06 00:16 #
MTrop is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

Boom doesn't support maps above map32. The problems are these:
  1. The level sequence is hard-wired into the game engine. Exiting map30 will just end the game, it won't move on to map33. Secret exiting map32 won't move on to map33 either. Therefore any map above 32 would be a singleton, you'd need to -warp or IDCLEV there.
  2. Actually you can't IDCLEV there as IDCLEV checks the range of its input and refuses to work if you don't choose a sensible map number. You can, at least with PrBoom, -warp to a high map number.
  3. Except that you can't, because the heads-up code doesn't check the range of the map number before trying to set the automap level name, ends up trying to go beyond array bounds, and promptly segfaults. I patched this so I could see map99 of Crucified Dreams. That worked, the map loaded and seemed to be working fine...
  4. ...right up until I pressed the exit switch, at which point the game got confused because it doesn't know which is the next map to which to exit. Oh well.
In summary, it nearly, sort-of, works... just not without patching the engine.

Old Post 10-15-06 07:47 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Thats what I figured. Thusly CC 3 is now a 32 map project. Thanks for all who helped me out with this.

Old Post 10-15-06 07:52 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Can I take slot22 I have an map that is 100% finished it only needs some testing :)

Old Post 10-18-06 01:11 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

and don't forget my first map "installation-07 Warszawa" has slot 32 now.

Old Post 10-18-06 01:16 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

dutch devil said:
Can I take slot22 I have an map that is 100% finished it only needs some testing :)

yay!

Old Post 10-18-06 02:32 #
Use3D is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Ok map list updated..We are getting closer and closer!! Just 9 more slots to be taken!

Old Post 10-18-06 04:03 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Just recived another map from Thomas van der Velden. Eight more to go people!

Old Post 10-18-06 05:37 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Ok cool gonna playtest mine for an while here are some screens:
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/7344/doom0000cz2.th.png
Uh one screen for now Imageshack has problems I think, it still needs to be converted to map22.
I had planned to upload the map to the archives but what the heck I might as well donate it to CC3 :)

[edit]
Map name is going to be "Second Entry" imo this map has an better layout compared to Ionstorm.

Last edited by Dutch Doomer on 10-18-06 at 22:49

Old Post 10-18-06 21:54 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Top post updated. Looking good Dutch keep it up!

Old Post 10-19-06 01:10 #
Phobus
Forum Staple

Hey there.

I'm willing to fill a map slot (map17 is the first free slot, isn't it?)

Whilst my main mapping port is zdoom, I can (and will, as that's the project idea) make a vanilla map, and submit it to you. If I have to prove myself to get in, you can see my maps on my website.

I haven't a clue on any theme or anything yet, but these things usually come to me. Is there anything I should know before starting work? Any particular theme or size you're aiming for with these maps?

Old Post 11-01-06 21:06 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Phobus said:
Hey there.

I'm willing to fill a map slot (map17 is the first free slot, isn't it?)

Whilst my main mapping port is zdoom, I can (and will, as that's the project idea) make a vanilla map, and submit it to you. If I have to prove myself to get in, you can see my maps on my website.

I haven't a clue on any theme or anything yet, but these things usually come to me. Is there anything I should know before starting work? Any particular theme or size you're aiming for with these maps?

Map 18 was the first available slot, so I put you there. As far as e limts and what not..Check out the Rules,Guidelines and other info thread in the CC 3 fourm.

Old Post 11-01-06 21:30 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Is it possible that I can have slot23 as well I don't want to be greedy.Got another map that is 60% done and is in the same texture style as map22.If its an problem I understand and use it for an different purpose.

Oh btw map22 is done and send to you Aleaver.

Old Post 11-02-06 22:18 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

dutch devil said:
Is it possible that I can have slot23 as well I don't want to be greedy.Got another map that is 60% done and is in the same texture style as map22.If its an problem I understand and use it for an different purpose.

Oh btw map22 is done and send to you Aleaver.

Ok you got slot 23, I'll check my e-mail asap! e-mail checked and map received... Thanks Dutch

Last edited by Aleaver on 11-03-06 at 21:50

Old Post 11-03-06 01:12 #
Phobus
Forum Staple

Ok, map18 it is. Checked out the rules thread, and know what to do. I'll probably put in the odd progress report, but I've found I work better if I don't spend all my time talknig about my progress ;)

Thanks for the slot. I'd estimate I'll take a month or so on it (just because I'd like to think a month is ample time for a nice map).

Old Post 11-03-06 22:32 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Hey name my level "Basic"

Old Post 11-16-06 01:32 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

Alrighty. Being that my first map is coming to completion, I'd like to snag the map 26 slot , as I already have a second map idea in mind :)

Old Post 11-28-06 20:59 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Kirby said:
Alrighty. Being that my first map is coming to completion, I'd like to snag the map 26 slot , as I already have a second map idea in mind :)

Done. We are getting ever so close to getting all the slots filled!!

Old Post 11-28-06 21:06 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

nice work Kirby, im still considering picking up another slot before dutch devil takes them all! Unless of course no one loves me ;_;

Old Post 11-28-06 23:20 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Nope don't worry ill do three maps for this then its time to take an long break from mapping.
My third map is in its testing fase atm.

Old Post 11-28-06 23:44 #
RjY
anARCHy

I have a half-finished map that I would like to do for CC3, but I would prefer to submit it on approval. I had hoped to be able to leave posting about this until the map was nearly complete, but the number of free slots is rapidly running out.

By "on approval" I meant to finish the map, then show it to some of you to see if it was any good, before submitting it. The map I did for CC2 was, to put it very mildly, not a success and this time round I would prefer to avoid submitting a crock :)

So with that in mind, I would like to ask for map28 - no particular reason, 5 was already taken and I just like the number - but I will gladly step aside if you guys feel there is someone better qualified to fill the slot.

Whether you accept it, or I release it as a standalone map, its name will be Token Archvile.

Old Post 11-28-06 23:55 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

RjY said:
I have a half-finished map that I would like to do for CC3, but I would prefer to submit it on approval. I had hoped to be able to leave posting about this until the map was nearly complete, but the number of free slots is rapidly running out.

By "on approval" I meant to finish the map, then show it to some of you to see if it was any good, before submitting it. The map I did for CC2 was, to put it very mildly, not a success and this time round I would prefer to avoid submitting a crock :)

So with that in mind, I would like to ask for map28 - no particular reason, 5 was already taken and I just like the number - but I will gladly step aside if you guys feel there is someone better qualified to fill the slot.

Whether you accept it, or I release it as a standalone map, its name will be Token Archvile.

Your in....No sweat. Check this out for some helpful info. Pay close attetion to rule 5....

Old Post 11-29-06 00:10 #