Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Map slot requests. (Offical)
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aleaver
Can't spll

dutch devil said:

Are you serious I helped him with his map as well and you don't see me asking to be put in the credits its just stupid imo.

It's only fair that he does IMO.

And as for the Zdoom map...thats no good for this Boom project.

Old Post 07-01-07 12:52 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Just alittle reminder...the Map cutoff date approches....

Old Post 07-05-07 04:41 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

Its probably better that this project is not Zdoom exclusive. Boom is perfect so please let me know when someone drops out of the project so I can be put in in place of him. I originally thought it was a Zdoom related project. Aplogigies for my misunderstandings. I have 15 levels of my new megawad Whispers of Satan done.

Don't put me in the credits.

Old Post 07-05-07 06:19 #
pcorf is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dr. Zin

We still need maps. The deadline is only in six days though (though we'll see how many maps are done at that point). Any map slot that has a "Not heard from for a long while" next to it is open.

Old Post 07-05-07 06:38 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

pcorf said:
Its probably better that this project is not Zdoom exclusive. Boom is perfect so please let me know when someone drops out of the project so I can be put in in place of him. I originally thought it was a Zdoom related project. Aplogigies for my misunderstandings. I have 15 levels of my new megawad Whispers of Satan done.

Don't put me in the credits.

How about map 09?? will that do? :)

And as for the Have not heard from in awhile tag...thats does not mean that the map slot is open..more so that if the person in question ever see this, that they should tell me that they are still interested in being in this project..otherwise there map slot will be the first to be given up to someone else. No questions asked.

Old Post 07-05-07 06:45 #
Dr. Zin

Just curious, what is the plan if there still aren't enough maps by the 10th? (My map should be done on time)

Old Post 07-05-07 07:19 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Dr. Zin said:
Just curious, what is the plan if there still aren't enough maps by the 10th? (My map should be done on time)

Well thats the question...And the only answer I can think of is just push the deadline back yet again..We have come too far to just give it all up now...One way or another this project will be completed without filler maps...Real Life is a high consideration to remember with any project. I mean, it would be nice if we had all the free time in the world to sit and make a few Doom maps..But it most cases this is not the case. People have jobs and what not. I had a job when I started this project, now I am going back to school. But like I stated when I took up this project, there is no rush. I think the wait will be worth it when people see the final product.

Old Post 07-05-07 09:32 #
pcorf

Aleaver said:

How about map 09?? will that do? :)

And as for the Have not heard from in awhile tag...thats does not mean that the map slot is open..more so that if the person in question ever see this, that they should tell me that they are still interested in being in this project..otherwise there map slot will be the first to be given up to someone else. No questions asked.

I'll take the Deal!. Put me in for MAP09 please I'd love to do it!.

Old Post 07-05-07 13:03 #
pcorf is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dr. Zin

Aleaver said:

Well thats the question...And the only answer I can think of is just push the deadline back yet again..We have come too far to just give it all up now...One way or another this project will be completed without filler maps.

Well my map should be finished today. I am vacationing for two weeks (and will have limited internet access), but if the deadline gets pushed back again I could easily make another map, probably a simpler one suited more to the first part of the project (where there seem to be the most maps needed).

Old Post 07-05-07 16:20 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

We have come far, there's no rush in releasing it, content is filling in for other parts of the wad too, so I say let the maps keep coming in. I have some time off coming up it will be spent finishing map19 for good.

Old Post 07-06-07 00:58 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

If I actually finish my MAP28 tribute, maybe I will rename it from 28reboot.wad to a **proper** name and send it in. It is boom compatible! And also, Torn hasn't been hanging around the forums a lot lately either.

Last edited by doom2day on 07-06-07 at 03:29

Old Post 07-06-07 01:56 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Recieved Dr Zin's map 5....thats 19 maps finished..13 more to go...

Old Post 07-06-07 07:04 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

doom2day said:
Torn hasn't been hanging around the forums a lot lately either.

I have noticed this too...I hope everything is Ok with him...I hate the idea of giving up people's map slots when the reason they haven't been around maybe very good like loss of internet connection, full time job, or someother major reason..But on the other hand I really don't know for sure.

Old Post 07-06-07 07:07 #
doom2day
Forum Regular

Really, I am working on a very decently nice boom level that you can use as a filler when I am done.
EDIT
Oh yeah, Torn's computer broke. So if he had to format the hard drive... : (

Old Post 07-07-07 20:11 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

First off I am glad to hear that Torn is o.k and that nothing serious happend to him as in life threating..I mean sure his computer broke, but atleast he is ok.

Ok since Torn will not be able to finish his map..Dr Zin's map will take its place..And Doom2day will fill in map 05.

Sound good people?

Old Post 07-07-07 21:32 #
lupinx-Kassman

Aleaver said:
First off I am glad to hear that Torn is o.k and that nothing serious happend to him as in life threating..I mean sure his computer broke, but atleast he is ok.

Ok since Torn will not be able to finish his map..Dr Zin's map will take its place..And Doom2day will fill in map 05.

Sound good people?

Thats too bad :( ,but at least people will fill the slots :).

Old Post 07-07-07 21:59 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

Who if anyone has MAP04?

Old Post 07-10-07 00:15 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

doom2day said:
Who if anyone has MAP04?

As of now (07-09-07)..No one...

Old Post 07-10-07 01:00 #
MTrop

So will the date be pushed back again? I might need just another week to finalize MAP30.

Old Post 07-10-07 01:28 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

I can pull out a level from my never published nor finished ultimate boom episode. Unless someone can get a better one, that is. In other words because I cannot get the point across clearly which I am still failing to do, I can give a filler map. Others are encouraged to do so too.

Old Post 07-10-07 01:47 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Mista_T said:
So will the date be pushed back again? I might need just another week to finalize MAP30.

Yes..I will post on that tommorow when I have more time to think about how far out the new deadline should be.

doom2day said:

I can pull out a level from my never published nor finished ultimate boom episode. Unless someone can get a better one, that is. In other words because I cannot get the point across clearly which I am still failing to do, I can give a filler map. Others are encouraged to do so too.

Sure that will work..You can have map 04 too.

Old Post 07-10-07 02:29 #
doom2day
Forum Regular

Are there any wad utilities that remove unneeded textures from wads or will I have to do that manually? Its running at 6.37 MB right now.

Old Post 07-10-07 03:21 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Just recived Mista_T's updated map 07 and map 29...And ShadowDweller's map 16..

and with map 16 complete..we now have 20 maps done in the project..just 12 more to go!!

Old Post 07-10-07 03:45 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Just recieved The Green Herring's Map 27...thats 21 down 11 to go!

Old Post 07-10-07 04:24 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

New Deadline: July 30th Map cut off
August 5th release

Ok..Just 11 maps to go..Lets see what happens.

Old Post 07-10-07 20:36 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Aleaver said:
New Deadline: [b]July 30th Map cut off
August 5th release

Ah, cool. That should give me enough time to bang up a MAP15.

That is, if no one else wants to do it, or Kaiser can't work on it any longer for some reason...

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 07-10-07 20:42 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kirby

Aleaver said:
New Deadline: July 30th Map cut off
August 5th release

Ok..Just 11 maps to go..Lets see what happens.

Yeah, I'm still working on MAP26, but procrastination has set in. The fact that my room is being repainted hasn't help much but I'm still progressing :P

Old Post 07-10-07 20:46 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

The Green Herring said:
Ah, cool. That should give me enough time to bang up a MAP15.

That is, if no one else wants to do it, or Kaiser can't work on it any longer for some reason...

Yea go ahead and do that..We may very well need it.

Kirby said:
Yeah, I'm still working on MAP26, but procrastination has set in. The fact that my room is being repainted hasn't help much but I'm still progressing :P

Keep at it man!

Old Post 07-10-07 20:53 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Just got Doom2day's map 05. (Even though its being playtested, its still pretty much done). Thats 22 maps..10 more to go!

Old Post 07-12-07 01:10 #
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

i sent my level to you in an email. if you see anything that needs work let me know and i'll see what i can do. other than that i feel that it is ready...

Old Post 07-13-07 05:16 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote