Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Project Status: CC 3 (35%)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aleaver
Can't spll

Here is an update on how CC 3 is doing. (I edited out all of my stupid whineing). Still missing 7 maps. But things are really starting to look good. Over half the project is now done.

And BTW the project is now 80% complete

Map 01
Map 02
Map 03
Map 05
Map 06
Map 07
Map 08
Map 09
Map 11
Map 13
Map 14
Map 16
Map 17
Map 18
Map 19
Map 20
Map 21
Map 22
Map 23
Map 24
Map 25
Map 27
Map 29
Map 31
Map 32

Current project weight: (un-compliled)..34.0 MB

Mappers: 23
Map slots filled: 32

Last edited by Aleaver on 08-05-07 at 22:34

Old Post 04-21-07 02:11 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

I'm still here and map19 is coming along. (promise)

Old Post 04-21-07 03:49 #
Use3D is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Thats good to hear Use3d. I guess in a way you could see this a Milestone type thing.

Old Post 04-21-07 04:10 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

map28 is largely complete. I would estimate it requires another week of construction work (and then lots of testing, obviously) To answer your question and hopefully reassure you, I very much intend to finish it. However I am suffering from a bad case of the Yadex Effect* so it's not getting done :(

* similar to mapper's block, only instead of not knowing what to do next, it's knowing that Yadex will make it as long, drawn-out, repetitive, tedious and scream-inducingly infuriating as possible. It is therefore easy to put off. In particular what I want to do with the map should take about two hours, but having to use Yadex, it will take an entire week.

Old Post 04-21-07 07:41 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Ah well I can certinly understand that..When I used to use Edmap 131 I had to worrie about it letting me do things and it making it take WAY longer then it should have. But thanks for letting me know. It may not seem that way all the time, but sometimes its just good to know people are still going on this thing!

Old Post 04-21-07 07:44 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Uhm all of my maps are done about that real life crap I haven't got any so plenty of time to map.

Old Post 04-21-07 14:21 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Well, I am need to try get my computer running again. My map is still there on the hd, but it couldn't boot up. I guess my map is like 90-95% done. :/

Old Post 04-21-07 15:50 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Torn said:
Well, I am need to try get my computer running again. My map is still there on the hd, but it couldn't boot up. I guess my map is like 90-95% done. :/

Thats certinly understandable..keep me informed.

And Dutch: I wasn't speaking to directly. Manily I was talking to the people in the project I haven't heard from recently.

Old Post 04-21-07 18:32 #
lupinx-Kassman

Im still working in fact I sent you some shots of early parts of the level, and showed some extra shots of new areas on the map status page.

Old Post 04-21-07 20:41 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MTrop

I'm working on Map30 off and on.

Old Post 04-21-07 22:19 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Mista_T said:
I'm working on Map30 off and on.

Ok cool. Thank you for letting me know :)

Old Post 04-22-07 00:21 #
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

Still here. But still busy with life (tm).

Old Post 04-22-07 06:32 #
Kaiser is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Kaiser said:
Still here. But still busy with life (tm).

I can understand that..thats all I needed to know :)

Old Post 04-22-07 07:05 #
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

i'm still waiting for feedback on my map...

*cough*Use3D*cough*

but i'm still working at it.

Old Post 04-23-07 23:34 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

D: Please resend it to me if youve made any changes. Ill try and play it.

Old Post 04-23-07 23:40 #
Use3D is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Thats good to hear that beta testing is going on. Good indeed. Keep it going people...

Old Post 04-24-07 03:05 #
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Map will be ready next week.

Old Post 04-24-07 03:10 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

Use3D said:
D: Please resend it to me if youve made any changes. Ill try and play it.

it is sent, you may have it by the time you read this.

Note: it is not an easy map, well, not for me anyway, but i blame the controls, i'll have to tweak the gameplay later when i have time...

Old Post 04-24-07 03:46 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

BlackFish said:
Map will be ready next week.

Good to hear! Now we are picking up alittle steam.. :) Oh and site is updated with 16 more screen shots!!

Last edited by Aleaver on 04-24-07 at 05:41

Old Post 04-24-07 04:54 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I'm about 90% done with my map, design-wise, I've just been struggling with a lot of school stuff in the last several weeks. This week is my last week of school though so hopefully once I get home again I'll be able to polish this mother off.

Old Post 04-24-07 18:42 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Flange Peddler

Aleaver said:
IF YOU ARE UN-ABLE TO OR HAVE LOST INTEREST TELL ME!

I'm not convinced everybody that is listed in the sign-up thread looks in the CC3 part of the forums, so I don't think you'll get many responses to that request. I was thinking it might be an idea to have some 'back-up' mappers (or maps) to fill in the spaces that will inevitably not be filled when the project gets nearer to completion (rather than stick in some random fillers).

Anyway, I finally got round to emailing some pics of my map. When I get round to working on it again it shouldn't take long to finish up.

Old Post 04-24-07 21:41 #
The Flange Peddler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

The Flange Peddler said:

I'm not convinced everybody that is listed in the sign-up thread looks in the CC3 part of the forums, so I don't think you'll get many responses to that request. I was thinking it might be an idea to have some 'back-up' mappers (or maps) to fill in the spaces that will inevitably not be filled when the project gets nearer to completion (rather than stick in some random fillers).

Anyway, I finally got round to emailing some pics of my map. When I get round to working on it again it shouldn't take long to finish up.

Yea, the thought had crossed my mind about that. I will give it afew more days before I decide to bring in some back up mappers.

About the CC 3 forum not being looked at and what not...All I can say is that the forum is listed like all the others and one can tell that there are things going on here just like the other forum sections..So that to me is a lame reason for not knowing whats going on. If it where a hidden fourm or a blog I could understand that..but its not..I mean come on..its listed in the main index. (Not talking about you directly but just in general)

And thanks for sending me the pics. (Site is updated) and also for letting me know your still working :)

Last edited by Aleaver on 04-25-07 at 04:05

Old Post 04-25-07 03:22 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Everyone: Check this out. New info: map cut off date.

Old Post 04-25-07 04:18 #
Patrick
someone employed to clean and maintain a building

If you want a map, PM me. I could do something pretty fast. Nothing special, mind you, but i could.

Old Post 04-25-07 23:35 #
Patrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Janitor said:
If you want a map, PM me. I could do something pretty fast. Nothing special, mind you, but i could.

Well I'm gonna give it afew more days, but this is something I am considering cause there still afew people I have even heard from...let alone seen online in along time. So keep checking back. I will most likely make a decison on this sometime early next week.

Old Post 04-26-07 05:41 #
Phobus
Forum Staple

I'm soon to go on Study Leave for my AS exams (2 weeks or so), which means I'll have quite a bit of free time (who on earth could revise every waking hour of every day they're not at school and don't have tests?) So if you need a quick map put together, I'll be around (I have started to develop a talent for quickly putting a single map together). Just give me a map number and I will hop to it.

Old Post 04-29-07 12:48 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Phobus said:
I'm soon to go on Study Leave for my AS exams (2 weeks or so), which means I'll have quite a bit of free time (who on earth could revise every waking hour of every day they're not at school and don't have tests?) So if you need a quick map put together, I'll be around (I have started to develop a talent for quickly putting a single map together). Just give me a map number and I will hop to it.

Check back here Monday - most likely at the end of the day. I will go back through the list and see who hasn't shown an progress or hasn't even been online for months, (yes there are a few) and I will post a desion based on that. But I am thinking that what I will do is just let people build extra maps and when it comes down to the time I want all the maps in so I can put the project together (May 26 th) I will use those extra maps to fill in the blanks. I just hope we have enough. I really don't know what else to do....

Old Post 04-30-07 09:33 #
Kirby

Still working on my maps, just been studying for the last two weeks due to finals. Close to finishing map 11 tho

Old Post 04-30-07 19:22 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Kirby said:
Still working on my maps, just been studying for the last two weeks due to finals. Close to finishing map 11 tho

Thats cool, just do what ya can. And keep me informed

Old Post 04-30-07 23:16 #
Black Void

Sorry it's taken a while for me to respond Aleaver, but rest assured that map 6 will be done by the May 26th date. Even if that means it's right on time ;-) True, real life does take a large factor, but by golly, I'm not giving up on this project!

Old Post 05-04-07 03:41 #
Black Void is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote