Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Project Status: CC 3 (35%)
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aleaver
Can't spll

Black Void said:
Sorry it's taken a while for me to respond Aleaver, but rest assured that map 6 will be done by the May 26th date. Even if that means it's right on time ;-) True, real life does take a large factor, but by golly, I'm not giving up on this project!

Hey man, thats cool. Do what you can,,and thanks for letting me know!

Old Post 05-04-07 03:45 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
RottKing

You know, if it's only at 35%, why are you bothering to release it not even half-way completed? Sure it's been almost a year since the project began, but what's the rush? I don't see what difference it makes to wait one month, two months, or possibly more. It'd be better to have it polished and completed than rushed out the door like so many bad video games.

Old Post 05-21-07 06:09 #
RottKing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

RottKing said:
You know, if it's only at 35%, why are you bothering to release it not even half-way completed? Sure it's been almost a year since the project began, but what's the rush? I don't see what difference it makes to wait one month, two months, or possibly more. It'd be better to have it polished and completed than rushed out the door like so many bad video games.

Well if I get down to May 26th with alot of maps missing, then I will have no choice. Besides, I never said anything about releasing the project half done. And if I did, Im sorry..but I was wrong.

Old Post 05-21-07 06:21 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MTrop

I'm more than likely going to be finished with Map30 before Saturday, so it personally doesn't matter to me when it gets released too much. However, if we need to push it back a lot further, might I suggest Doomsday (Dec. 10, 2007)? Doom will be 15 years old by then and a spectacular megawad released just in time would be pretty cool.

Oh, I'm naming Map30 "Leviathan", so you can update the map roster with that, I guess.

Old Post 05-22-07 23:38 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Mista_T said:
I'm more than likely going to be finished with Map30 before Saturday, so it personally doesn't matter to me when it gets released too much. However, if we need to push it back a lot further, might I suggest Doomsday (Dec. 10, 2007)? Doom will be 15 years old by then and a spectacular megawad released just in time would be pretty cool.

Oh, I'm naming Map30 "Leviathan", so you can update the map roster with that, I guess.

Well I hope we don't have to push it back that far...but if we do then we do I Guess.

And I will update the map roster! Thanks.

Old Post 05-22-07 23:59 #
The Flange Peddler

I've unfortunately had a bit hiccup in that my laptop decided to stop working a few days ago (I say hiccup now but was using much more colourful language this past weekend). Unfortunately I lost quite a bit of work on various projects I've been working on, including my CC map.

Luckily however I managed to find some back-ups of most of what I lost. So whilst I had pretty much completed my CC3 map, I'm now back to the stage of needing to put in all the items and monsters again. Oh well, I'll try to get that done soon.

In another thread I mentioned I also have some other maps I can contribute to CC3. I think I can probably find 2 or so maps, I just need to have a check some time.

I think it'll be an idea to see exactly what we have this Saturday, and then decide what to do with the rest of the project then.

Old Post 05-23-07 00:18 #
The Flange Peddler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

The Flange Peddler said:
I think it'll be an idea to see exactly what we have this Saturday, and then decide what to do with the rest of the project then.

Agreed

Old Post 05-23-07 00:53 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

I could always donate my "Inner Fear" map once I'm done with it, it only needs to be finished and converted to boom.

Old Post 05-23-07 21:08 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

dutch devil said:
I could always donate my "Inner Fear" map once I'm done with it, it only needs to be finished and converted to boom.

Sounds good to me!

Old Post 05-23-07 22:11 #
MTrop

Well, it looks like I might not get Map30 done by Saturday. It might take me another week. I'm 70% done with it, though. It looks like CC3 is going to be delayed anyway, so I vote to push it back, but not too far. Extra playtesting never hurts.

Old Post 05-25-07 01:27 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Mista_T said:
Well, it looks like I might not get Map30 done by Saturday. It might take me another week. I'm 70% done with it, though. It looks like CC3 is going to be delayed anyway, so I vote to push it back, but not too far. Extra playtesting never hurts.

Yes it is looking more and more likely that I will have to push it back even futher.

Last edited by Aleaver on 05-25-07 at 03:22

Old Post 05-25-07 02:58 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

My map will also need a few more days. Soon though, it's almost ready.

Old Post 05-25-07 03:13 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Thats cool. I'd rather have it done rather than rushed. So lets try for a June 15th release date with a June 10th map cut off.

Old Post 05-25-07 03:22 #
lupinx-Kassman

Thank you :). My map is done (As in it has a start, an exit, and everything in between.) But I could use more time to polish it up (And beta test it of course).

Old Post 05-25-07 04:45 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Does anybody feel like finishing up my map? It's just about done just needs the rest of the items added and the final room fixed.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm really busy atm with final school projects.

Old Post 05-26-07 00:12 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kirby

Aleaver said:
Thats cool. I'd rather have it done rather than rushed. So lets try for a June 15th release date with a June 10th map cut off.
Soudns good. Right about now I feel like such a damned procrastinator :(

Old Post 05-26-07 08:30 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Kirby said:
I feel like such a damned procrastinator :(

Ah....I know how that feels :P

@Blackfish: Just ask around and see if someone is willing to help you out..and in afew days, if it looks like no one can, I'll take a crack at it. Not sure how it would turn out though. (Now you know)

Old Post 05-26-07 08:37 #
doom2day
Forum Regular

EDIT
Whoops! Wrong thread. Sorry.
EDIT
Confirmed that my first edit was actually an edit

Old Post 07-06-07 01:53 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Updated this thread abit..Project status is now 55% 60% complete.

Last edited by Aleaver on 07-06-07 at 07:12

Old Post 07-06-07 02:01 #
doom2day
Forum Regular

Title still says 35% though!

Old Post 07-06-07 03:25 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

doom2day said:
Title still says 35% though!

I know I tried to change it but it don't change...IDK you tell me heh. :P

Old Post 07-06-07 04:33 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

We are at 70% complete now people...:)

Old Post 07-10-07 20:40 #
doom2day
Forum Regular

Have you tried editing the post subject of the first post? Maybe that is what you need to do to change the thread title.

Old Post 07-10-07 20:52 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

doom2day said:
Have you tried editing the post subject of the first post? Maybe that is what you need to do to change the thread title.

Yes I have..no luck..

Old Post 07-10-07 20:54 #