Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > MAP06 "Foregone Destruction" (Finished!!!)
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Flange Peddler

That's a very nice mid-sized map, and I think one of your better maps in a while (and that includes kdizd). It looks very nice, particularly the outside bits, the layout is clever without unnecessary backtracking, and there's good use of height variation.

A few minor bugs. The switch to get the red key has a dodgy X-offset. It took me a while to realise it was even a switch :oP I think ammo balance is fine, though I'd think about maybe putting in some more health and armor. Maybe I wasn't playing too cautiously, but I think a bit more health/armor could help the pace of the level. For example, I don't think you pick up any armor at all before the green armor. I think maybe putting 10-20% armor in armor bonuses spread about the map before that might help.

But I think this is a great map, and is the right size for it's mapslot. It won't be boom compatible at the moment though, if only because of all those unkown texture errors.

Edit: And I'm not sure I see the point in having the rocket launcher in two separate secrets? Maybe one should be changed to something else?

Last edited by The Flange Peddler on 06-11-07 at 22:21

Old Post 06-11-07 22:15 #
The Flange Peddler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tormentor667

@Andy - Sorry, forgot about that :( But now its removed. BTW please redownload the wad from the link I send you. I fixed several problems and updated the file :)

@Flange - Thx for the words, bug report and tipps. Added and changed all the stuff you've mentioned, link is the same, should be much better now ;)

Old Post 06-12-07 00:01 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Tormentor667 said:
@Andy - Sorry, forgot about that :( But now its removed. BTW please redownload the wad from the link I send you. I fixed several problems and updated the file :)

No problem. Thanks agian!

Old Post 06-12-07 00:05 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tormentor667

You're welcome

Old Post 06-12-07 00:15 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

dutch devil said:
We still need to replace the originals with custom ones its not being discussed much as far as I know, is there anybody who has got some good skies we could use?

I don't think anyone has mentioned skies for a while. I donated a few here, but that was almost a year ago, heh.

Old Post 06-17-07 12:42 #
DooMAD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

DooMAD said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned skies for a while. I donated a few here, but that was almost a year ago, heh.

Haven't forgotten..Infact we are just now getting to the point where things like that are going to be needed. Since we now have over half the project finished and several more maps getting near completeion. Things are starting to pick up some steam as far as getting this project done..

Old Post 06-17-07 19:05 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote