Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > title picture
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:34. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
t.v.

hello,

some time ago I made a title picture for CC3 and sent it to Andy. But he never replied :-(. Anyway; I improved my old one and would like to donate it again.

please follow this link.

Keep up the good work and I hope this project will be finished soon :-)

Old Post 06-28-07 13:52 #
t.v. is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

t.v. said:
hello,

some time ago I made a title picture for CC3 and sent it to Andy. But he never replied :-(. Anyway; I improved my old one and would like to donate it again.

please follow this link.

Keep up the good work and I hope this project will be finished soon :-)

Hmm..I don't remember ever recieving this by e-mail..What e-mail address did you send it too?

Looks good though...

What does everyone (other team members) else think?

Old Post 06-28-07 17:57 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

Looks fine to me.

Old Post 06-28-07 18:01 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
t.v.

@ Andy:
I included the pics in the wad with MAP13 I sent you. I see, you received the map, but probably didn't notice the pics. oh well, doesn't matter :-)

Old Post 06-28-07 18:26 #
t.v. is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

t.v. said:
@ Andy:
I included the pics in the wad with MAP13 I sent you. I see, you received the map, but probably didn't notice the pics. oh well, doesn't matter :-)

Ohh ok....I see...sorry about that...I just figured out what T.V stood for... :P

Old Post 06-28-07 19:48 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Looks nice.

The names of all the people who contributed to CC3 should be named as well, titlepic interpic somewhere else :p

Old Post 06-28-07 22:06 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

While we are on the subject of titles and stuff, does anyone else think it would be cool to use a couple of those unused tracks John Romero used recently for the title and intermission music?

Personally I like un39 as title music and un19 or un20 as intromission pieces.

EDIT: un20, there is no un29!

Last edited by Dr. Zin on 06-28-07 at 22:31

Old Post 06-28-07 22:20 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Dr. Zin said:
While we are on the subject of titles and stuff, does anyone else think it would be cool to use a couple of those unused tracks John Romero used recently for the title and intermission music?

Personally I like un39 as title music and un19 or un29 as intromission pieces.

Hmm I am open to the idea..anyone else?

Old Post 06-28-07 22:22 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Sounds like an interesting idea. Personally, out of those three, un19 sounds more like a D_DM2INT (intermission screen,) while un20 sounds like something for D_READ_M (text screen.) un14 could also work as a D_DM2INT...

By the way, t.v., awesome stuff. :D

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 06-28-07 22:47 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Go for it sounds like an good idea to me.

Old Post 06-28-07 22:51 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Love it. Thanks for working on that!!

Old Post 06-28-07 22:55 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

The Green Herring said:
Sounds like an interesting idea. Personally, out of those three, un19 sounds more like a D_DM2INT (intermission screen,) while un20 sounds like something for D_READ_M (text screen.) un14 could also work as a D_DM2INT...

By the way, t.v., awesome stuff. :D

Yeah, un19 for the intermission and un20 for the text works really well. I do still perfer un39 for the title because the Doom titles have typically had creepy or atmospheric music for them.

Old Post 06-28-07 23:07 #
Doom_user

If anyone's interested, I made a help screen that uses t.v.'s intermission screen as a backdrop instead of Doom 2's. Feel free to use it if you want.

EDIT:The help screen I posted last night was missing parts of the text that are white, use this fixed version instead.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7305/cc3helppicfixedho1.gif

Last edited by Doom_user on 06-30-07 at 02:38

Old Post 06-29-07 07:54 #
Doom_user is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Doom_user said:If anyone's interested, I made a help screen that uses t.v.'s intermission screen as a backdrop instead of Doom 2's. Feel free to use it if you want.

Sounds good to me..Even more so, it makes sence! We will use it...Thanks!

Old Post 06-29-07 10:32 #
Tormentor667

I don't like TVs title and intermission at all. Compared to the CC2 screens it looks too plain and too simple. I will try to come up with something as well but I really suggest sending in more ideas and examples and not sticking to this one (sorry, but I am just honest)

Last edited by Tormentor667 on 06-29-07 at 11:05

Old Post 06-29-07 10:57 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
t.v.

:-/

Compared to the CC2 screens it looks too plain and too simple

CC is made by a lot of people with different styles and ideas so it seems impossible to make a titlepic that would be fitting for most of the maps AND be characteristic (=not "too plain"). The titlepic of CC2 was surely not plain, but IMO it didn't really fit.

And I wouldn't call my pic "too simple". It's based on a detailed drawing. It might have been better with some more color, but I figured this was more 'stylish'.

Anyway, I don't mind criticism and a little competition may not be a bad idea :-)

Old Post 06-29-07 14:18 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Just out of curiosity, where are these "unused" Romero tracks? I've been so out of touch with the Doom Community recently :X

Old Post 06-29-07 17:59 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Kid Airbag said:
where are these "unused" Romero tracks?

Old Post 06-29-07 18:21 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Tormentor667 said:
I don't like TVs title and intermission at all. Compared to the CC2 screens it looks too plain and too simple. I will try to come up with something as well but I really suggest sending in more ideas and examples and not sticking to this one (sorry, but I am just honest)

Well make up what you have in mind..And I will give everyone (team members) a chance to vote on this....

Old Post 06-29-07 18:34 #
Tormentor667

What about something like this?
http://i17.tinypic.com/6ahhtll.jpg

@tv - It's surely not bad, but I think we could do a bit better, maybe this competition helps :)

Old Post 06-30-07 12:54 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Please replace the measly Arachnotron with a Cyberdemon or with Baphomet...

Old Post 06-30-07 13:37 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

My honest opinion is that I like tv's version better, it feels more like art to me and thats what I like about it.

Old Post 06-30-07 14:01 #
Tormentor667

dutch devil said:
My honest opinion is that I like tv's version better, it feels more like art to me and thats what I like about it.

Yeah sure but I really would like to see something more special, generally in terms of the project's title and idea behind it. Right now, tv's titlepic could be the titlepic of every other doom wad that comes in mind by just changing the title font to something different, you know what I mean?

Old Post 06-30-07 17:33 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I have to say I think Tormentor's would fit the project's title better. It's a little more unique to the project. Like how one of the first two it was a Monopoly board.

Old Post 06-30-07 20:16 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

I dunno, I am more on the side of t.v's artwork, as it seems closer to being original IMHO.

Old Post 07-01-07 04:40 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Tormentor667 said:
What about something like this?
Boom doesn't handle full color graphics, that's what.

Old Post 07-01-07 04:58 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

Too Pirates of the Carribean.

Old Post 07-01-07 06:03 #
Tormentor667

myk said:
Boom doesn't handle full color graphics, that's what.

That's what I forgot, yeah, but I already changed a few things, check the Voting for more info. Oh and by the way, What about some more titlepic ideas?!

Old Post 07-01-07 16:13 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

How about an globe spread out an see all names of the mappers next to their countries.

Old Post 07-01-07 16:39 #
Tormentor667

That sounds interesting...

Old Post 07-01-07 19:13 #