Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Possible CC3 ENDOOM screen
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:34. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

EDIT 5 (July 16, 2007): The screen in this post is now outdated. Check the bottom of this thread for a more up-to-date version.

After seeing T.V.'s title screen, intermission screen, and logo for CC3, I decided to make an ENDOOM screen (the text mode screen that appears when you exit Doom) for CC3. It won't show up in Boom since it always shows the Boom exit screen, but it'll appear in Boom-compatible source ports that support ENDOOM such as MBF, ports based on MBF (such as Eternity,) PrBoom, and GZDoom. This is what I made after two hours or so:

http://disasterlabs.com/thegreenherring/images/CC3_ENDOOM_wip5.gif

Obviously, the list of team members will be updated after the map cutoff date. It'll be sent to Aleaver after that.

Any suggestions?

EDIT (June 29, 2007): Design updated + Kid Airbag's name replaced with his real one as per his request.

EDIT 2 (July 1, 2007): Mista_T's name replaced with his real one as per his request + graphics guys added + members list arranged in a different fashion now.

EDIT 3 (July 1, 2007): Added pcorf (beta tester) to the list.

EDIT 4 (July 7, 2007): Updated member list. Added Doom2day (new MAP05 author,) and removed Cage and Torn. (Poor guy; I hope he gets a working computer again!)

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 07-17-07 at 01:59

Old Post 06-28-07 21:46 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Looks good to me...I like it

Old Post 06-28-07 22:00 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Same here looks good to më.

Old Post 06-28-07 22:07 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Right on man

Old Post 06-28-07 22:46 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

Nice work, wish I was that good with ascii stuff. Not that it matters much if I were, since I can't seem to get ENDOOMER working properly under 2K anyway.

Old Post 06-29-07 00:00 #
DooMAD is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

Nice, it matches up well with TV's title pic.

Old Post 06-29-07 01:32 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tormentor667

Looks great, nothing to add here :) I like it!

Old Post 06-29-07 10:58 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

This may seem like a pretty anal request but I'd prefer my real name (Will Hackney) be used to credit anything I do. I have too many on-line aliases, it's led to confusion in the past.

Old Post 06-29-07 17:56 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Kid Airbag said:
This may seem like a pretty anal request but I'd prefer my real name (Will Hackney) be used to credit anything I do. I have too many on-line aliases, it's led to confusion in the past.

Im sure this could be arranged :P

Old Post 06-29-07 18:31 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Kid Airbag said:

Done. In fact, I updated the design a little soon after posting it, too. I've put the newest version up today; see the first post! :)

Old Post 06-29-07 20:26 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MTrop

Could mine also be replaced with my real name?

Matt Tropiano

Old Post 07-01-07 20:24 #
MTrop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Mista_T said:
Could mine also be replaced with my real name?

Matt Tropiano

Done!

I also added the guys who did graphics but haven't mapped (DooMAD & Doom_user,) and arranged the member list in a different fashion now. I'm waiting on adding pcorf until I know if beta testers should be listed here as well.

Old Post 07-01-07 20:51 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

The Green Herring said:

Done!

I also added the guys who did graphics but haven't mapped (DooMAD & Doom_user,) and arranged the member list in a different fashion now. I'm waiting on adding pcorf until I know if beta testers should be listed here as well.

Yep they should...They are also part of the process..and thusly part of the team..

Old Post 07-01-07 21:21 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Aleaver said:

Yep they should...They are also part of the process..and thusly part of the team..

All right. pcorf's been added now.

If anybody else wants to be listed under their real name or whatever their most frequent online alias is, please post here.

Old Post 07-01-07 21:35 #
lupinx-Kassman

Really nice looking! I like it :).

Old Post 07-01-07 21:36 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Thanks, man. And thanks to everybody else that commented on it so far, too! Sorry I forgot to say it!

Also: Should I put the id logo in there somewhere (as two text characters)? Or is it fine as is?

Old Post 07-01-07 22:09 #
Tormentor667

The only suggestion that I'd have is removing your initials from the lower right corner and putting this info into the txt file. I myself didn't add any "Tormentor667" markers on the titlepic as well cause that doesn't enhance the look of it ;)

Old Post 07-01-07 22:12 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Tormentor667 said:
The only suggestion that I'd have is removing your initials from the lower right corner and putting this info into the txt file. I myself didn't add any "Tormentor667" markers on the titlepic as well cause that doesn't enhance the look of it ;)

I threw that in there as an artist's signature. ;) (Vorphalack / Thomas Möller signed his Memento Mori II title/credits/intermission images as "VORPHALACK '96," for example.) I will keep that in mind, though.

Old Post 07-01-07 22:18 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

The Green Herring said:

I threw that in there as an artist's signature. ;) (Vorphalack / Thomas Möller signed his Memento Mori II title/credits/intermission images as "VORPHALACK '96," for example.) I will keep that in mind, though.

eh details... ;)

Old Post 07-02-07 00:14 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Member list updated. :)

Old Post 07-07-07 22:56 #
doom2day
Forum Regular

The Green Herring said:

Any suggestions?

Replace the help screen with something like that too. That would be wonderful.

Old Post 07-12-07 00:25 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

doom2day said:

Replace the help screen with something like that too. That would be wonderful.

I'm afraid that's beyond my abilities, as my digital art skills are subpar. Plus, this is about the ENDOOM screen, not the help screen. Not only that, but don't you mean the credits screen?

Old Post 07-12-07 00:41 #
doom2day
Forum Regular

Ahh! I forgot about that one
You can't even take a screenshot?

Last edited by doom2day on 07-12-07 at 01:44

Old Post 07-12-07 01:32 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

A very nice old school touch!!! I like it, brings back alot of memories!

Old Post 07-12-07 15:15 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Zap610 can be removed too..I gave his slot to Doom2day (map 04)

Old Post 07-12-07 18:23 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

A new version, with an altered logo and updated roster:

http://www.disasterlabs.com/thegreenherring/images/CC3_ENDOOM_wip6.gif

I'm posting it down here instead of editing the first post, because I'm really not fond of the current design. Opinions?

Old Post 07-16-07 04:15 #
myk
volveré y seré millones

The roman number seems too big comparatively, and its serifs too wide... in Tormentor667's pic it's larger than the letters, but not more than the capital Cs (and probably just capital Is of the same font).

It's true that the font there looks rather flimsy. Maybe if you could shove the roman number down you could get more space to give the letters more body, but you'd have to rearrange the rest of the design a bit.

Old Post 07-16-07 05:38 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

myk said:
It's true that the font there looks rather flimsy.
That's what happens when you try to imitate an incredibly boring font within eighty ANSI spaces of width and six spaces of height. I really, really liked the old title screen better.

With that in mind, this is a version identical to my old version, only the "3" is replaced with the Roman numeral.

http://disasterlabs.com/thegreenherring/images/CC3_ENDOOM_wip7.gif

That said, I'll take your suggestions in mind. Anybody else?

Old Post 07-16-07 06:13 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Okay, as an experiment, here's a very different design for the ENDOOM screen. It features the same color scheme and intersecting lines thing as the original, but it has a far better imitation of the new logo than before, plus I did something interesting with the "DOOM" portion of it. Also, the members list is arranged differently, and Kaiser's been omitted (since I'm designing MAP15 now.) Check it out!

http://disasterlabs.com/thegreenherring/images/CC3_ENDOOM_wip8.gif

Old Post 07-17-07 01:25 #
Doom_user

I like it, the "DOOM" part looks really cool and it fits perfectly with Tormentor's title screen.

Old Post 07-17-07 01:56 #
Doom_user is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote