Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > SWITCHES/ANIMATED

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RjY
anARCHy

Somewhat to my horror I noticed this:

The Green Herring said:
[...]as well as a custom ANIMATED lump.
Okay I've got one of those too so, unless one of us wants his textures to stop working in the final product, we need to coordinate. Bollocks, that means teamwork. I fucking hate teamwork.

Anyway so the idea is we all post our additions to defswani.dat in this thread (just the additions, we don't need the entire contents of defswani.dat, thanks) These can be compiled using swantbls.exe into a single Boom-compatible set of SWITCHES and ANIMATED lumps.

Here's my one meagre addition to defswani.dat. Hardly worth all this bother, really.
code:
[FLATS] 5 28GATE8 28GATE1
PS If you don't know about defswani.dat, swantbls.exe, or the compiled Boom-compatible format of the SWITCHES and ANIMATED lumps, then please ignore this thread and don't try to add any new switches or animated textures to your map. Thanks.

Old Post 07-08-07 21:16 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Since you asked, here are the DEFSWANI.DAT additions I made for my maps:
code:
[SWITCHES] 3 SW1ELUP SW2ELUP 3 SW1ELDN SW2ELDN [FLATS] 8 TGHFRBL2 TGHFRBL1 3 DUKETEL4 DUKETEL1 [TEXTURES] 8 HEXPORT9 HEXPORT1 8 TGHMONI2 TGHMONI1 16 TGHM31_2 TGHM31_1 8 TGHEGGA3 TGHEGGA1 8 TGHEGGB3 TGHEGGB1

And that's all. :)

EDIT: Added stuff from MAP15.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 08-23-07 at 09:39

Old Post 07-08-07 22:08 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

I need something put in it too!
N_LFALL1 -> N_LFALL4.(all 4)
Just a simple lavafall using nick bakers default naming convention.

Old Post 07-08-07 22:24 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

The Green Herring said:
And that's all. :)
Thanks, that was exactly what I was after.

doom2day said:
N_LFALL1 -> N_LFALL4.(all 4)
code:
[TEXTURES] 8 N_LFALL4 N_LFALL1
Like this? You didn't say what frame delay to use.

Old Post 07-10-07 05:50 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

Just take the frame delay of a normal waterfall texture (like the blood falls, the nukage falls etc) and add 1. It should be a little slower, and needs a slight increase.
It has 4 textures
:
N_LFALL1
N_LFALL2
N_LFALL3
N_LFALL4

I haven't worked with the switches/animated lump before. Sorry.

Old Post 07-10-07 18:25 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I have updated my post in this thread to include the switches and animations I added for MAP15: Clash of Galaxies. Whee.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 08-23-07 09:40 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

RjY said:
I fucking hate teamwork.

Not a good thing to hate when you join a community project. I lol'd.

Oh, I didn't make any ANIMATED textures btw. I think I posted I was going to make a water fountain somewhere in the forum? I never did. It became a blood fountain instead, and those textures are already in Doom 2 :P.

Old Post 08-23-07 19:27 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

lupinx-Kassman said:
Not a good thing to hate when you join a community project. I lol'd.
There's a big difference between a community project with largely independent authors and an actual collaborative team effort :) I've just had bad experiences with trying to work with people, that's all

Oh, I didn't make any ANIMATED textures btw. I think I posted I was going to make a water fountain somewhere in the forum? I never did. It became a blood fountain instead, and those textures are already in Doom 2 :P.
WFALL1-4 have been default animated textures since Final Doom was released or maybe even before. As long as someone imports the textures you would have been fine. Still, blood is just as good.

Old Post 09-02-07 22:46 #