Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Par Times for Levels

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
doom2day
Forum Regular

Boom has a special version of dehacked which allows for the alteration of par times. I believe there is a way to imbed one of those patches into a wad - I may need to investigate that further. Anyhow, it's about time to start preparing for release.
Now it's time to submit par times for your maps
PAR TIMES (Estimates)
MAP01 : ??:??
MAP02 : ??:??
MAP03 : 03:30
MAP04 : ??:??
MAP05 : 13:00
MAP06 : ??:??
MAP07 : ??:??
MAP08 : ??:??
MAP09 : ??:??
MAP10 : ??:??
MAP11 : 05:00
MAP12 : ??:??
MAP13 : ??:??
MAP14 : ??:??
MAP15 : ??:??
MAP16 : ??:??
MAP17 : ??:??
MAP18 : ??:??
MAP19 : ??:??
MAP20 : ??:??
MAP21 : ??:??
MAP22 : ??:??
MAP23 : ??:??
MAP24 : ??:??
MAP25 : 16:30
MAP26 : ??:??
MAP27 : ??:??
MAP28 : ??:??
MAP29 : ??:??
MAP30 : ??:??
MAP31 : ??:??
MAP32 : ??:??

Last edited by doom2day on 07-30-07 at 14:12

Old Post 07-18-07 19:15 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

hmm map 25...16:30..

Also some maps where just sent in...Meaning that they where already built before the project was even underway..I may have to play through and get par times for them aswell. But this is a good Idea...It never even occured to me to do this.

Last edited by Aleaver on 07-18-07 at 20:11

Old Post 07-18-07 19:56 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Not important.

Old Post 07-18-07 20:10 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

I'd suggest not bothering with this. Unless they are more or less randomly assigned, it is a lot of work for a very minor feature.

If you are going to include them, then if they are to be of any meaning at all, then you need to make sure they are chosen in a consistent way (i.e. the same basis for each, such as playing on HMP and running straight to the exit as fast as possible). They would also need to be done by the same player, or at least by a small team of players who are roughly similar in speed. A slow and cautious player's idea of "as fast as possible" will be very different from that of a compet-n-standard player, after all.

Old Post 07-18-07 22:50 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

Use3D said:
Not important.

Very true, but it isn't hard on the part of the person submitting 1, 2 or maybe 3 maps. Maybe they have to replay a map to get an idea of how long it would take, and I am willing to create the patch with the pars.

Old Post 07-18-07 23:05 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Yeah, like Grazza says, if used they should all give the same rough idea for each level. Romero used his running time to the exit plus 30 seconds (although a few, such as Map02, seem inconsistent, at least with monsters). The Alien Vendetta team also included PAR times for their PWAD, and they used maximum kills times because AV is very max friendly, but they also had those times already from the previous release.

In my project I'll certainly be including PAR times for completeness, but haven't yet decided exactly what they will consist of. But I think they are worthwhile, because even if they only give partial information, they can help players get an idea of each level's scale in some sense, without really giving away any specifics, and they can also be useful in encouraging running type playing a bit if implemented well.

Old Post 07-18-07 23:21 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

myk said:
Yeah, like Grazza says, if used they should all give the same rough idea for each level. Romero used his running time to the exit plus 30 seconds

Par for MAP01: 30 seconds....????
Well then ,we have a job for the beta testers don't we?
I propose the 100% kills standard then.

Old Post 07-18-07 23:45 #
Kirby

I'll double check, but I'd go ahead and say 5:00 for MAP11. I think that'd be a fair challenge to anyone anyways :P

Old Post 07-24-07 23:16 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

Map09 - 3:30

Old Post 07-30-07 12:02 #
pcorf is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote