Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Map09 Progress

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pcorf

Map09: As The Doctor Sleeps should be ready before the 6th August since I'm going away on that day. Its roughly 60% done right now but I hope to get it done by next week. The style of the map is Bricks n' Metal and will be playable from a pistol start.

Old Post 07-26-07 15:20 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

Umm... The map cutoff date is July 30'th

Old Post 07-26-07 17:23 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

doom2day said:

Well I am still lacking 10 maps so this date will be moved again.

Old Post 07-26-07 18:43 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

Ok. Next time (If there is one), we will need a standard graphics pack. If anyone wants a new texture or whatever, it will be added to that. This way, there should be no issues with animdefs, or textures. I'd love to see this get finished!

Old Post 07-26-07 19:05 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

doom2day said:
I'd love to see this get finished!

So do I..and it will!! I think from seeing all the maps sent into me so far..And the screenshots of the maps I don't have yet, that this project will be the best Community Chest Project to date! ..This is of course just my opnion..I will let everyone else decide that when they play it.

Old Post 07-26-07 19:13 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

doom2day said:
Ok. Next time (If there is one), we will need a standard graphics pack. If anyone wants a new texture or whatever, it will be added to that. This way, there should be no issues with animdefs, or textures. I'd love to see this get finished!

I don't think there have been any delays from textures.

Old Post 07-26-07 19:27 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

No delays, but getting textures combined from 15 different author's wads is a headache.

Old Post 07-26-07 20:52 #
Dr. Zin

doom2day said:
No delays, but getting textures combined from 15 different author's wads is a headache.

There is a much easier solution than trying to coordinate a huge texture wad. Just have each mapper put their initials or abbreviation in every patch, flat, and texture name. For example all of the graphics I added to the project start with DZ.

Old Post 07-26-07 23:05 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Dr. Zin said:

There is a much easier solution than trying to coordinate a huge texture wad. Just have each mapper put their initials or abbreviation in every patch, flat, and texture name. For example all of the graphics I added to the project start with DZ.

This was laid out in one of the rules threads. Wads that don't meet the texture requirements will have to be fixed.

Old Post 07-27-07 00:17 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

doom2day said:

Yo!, I'm not sure if I will get the map completed before July 30, maybe so who knows but more likely a few days after that. When the project gets finished - it gets finished and it will be finished for sure. I must say that I'm just happy to be finally working on a map in the CC series and I really am enjoying making this map. There are currently 2711 linedefs, 4170 sidedefs and 417 sectors. Its mostly Bricks n' Metal with a small underground base and I estimate its about 70% complete. It should be all done by next week. The level also has some Boom specific features such as DR Fast Doors that close after 3 seconds. I currently have a MAPINFO inside the wad with the level name and custom sky but that can be removed from the wad and inluced as a seperate MAPINFO.TXT file inside the ZIP with the WAD and the level info TXT file. The seperate MAPINFO will allow you to copy and paste it into the main mapinfo inside the CC3 resource wad.

Last edited by pcorf on 07-27-07 at 08:28

Old Post 07-27-07 08:08 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

I'm basing a Skulltag multiplayer level off of my level 4 contribution and at this rate, it will be released before cc3...

I put cc4 at first ... lol.

Old Post 07-27-07 16:33 #
pcorf

The layout of MAP09 is all done. Now the hard bit getting the monsters into place, figuring out traps and making sure the gameplay is fair and challening. It should be done by Monday.

Old Post 07-28-07 16:51 #