Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Starting each level from scratch

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richo Rosai

Were these maps at all intended/ordered/adjusted to be played continuously, or are they just a bunch of standalone levels?

Around map 10 I got tired of starting each level with 200/200 and full ammo, and started warping to each level after finishing the previous one to start with just the pistol. I found that played like this the levels were mostly very well balanced and fun.

So I was just curious as to the intentions of the creators with regards to this aspect. And I should also offer a belated thanks to everyone who contributed to this!

Old Post 03-13-08 13:51 #
Richo Rosai is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jodwin
Forum Staple

Show me a community wad like this which is not designed for pistol starts.

Old Post 03-13-08 14:09 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Indeed, all of these maps were designed with pistol starts in mind. There was no testing when it came to continuous play, as doing so would have taken a rather long time.

You're welcome, and thanks for playing!

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 03-13-08 19:22 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote