Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 Preliminary Sign-up (Mappers and Testers)
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

[Update] The Official Sign-up thread is up now, so that list will be updated instead!

If you would like to join the CC4 team, then post the mapslot you would like to have. The project will not officially start until most likely June, so you need not begin mapping yet if you'd like the resource WAD and obviously the rules. I just want to get a head count of who's interested at the moment. Unless you call slot 07,15,30,31, or 32, the slot you pick is not final, as the maps will be arranged based on length/difficulty. However, if you want to make a large map, call a high slot and vic versa to make our lives easier. To give everyone a fair chance, don't call multiple slots for the time being. Beta testers can sign up here as well.

[Edit] The status list is in the Deadlines thread now.

FYI, once the project begins officially, I'll probably require periodic status updates on your maps. Nothing big, just a percentage and a screenie or something, just so we know you're still with us and not holding a slot that someone else could be working on.

Last edited by Death-Destiny on 06-09-08 at 08:32

Old Post 05-07-08 21:20 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

If this is a "preliminary" sign-up thread, why did you include completion percentages? If this isn't the official sign-up thread, that doesn't make any sense.

I guess I'll take MAP14.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 05-07-08 at 23:56

Old Post 05-07-08 22:10 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

The Green Herring said:
Also, if this is a "preliminary" sign-up thread, why did you include completion percentages? If this isn't the official sign-up thread, that doesn't make any sense.

Presumably, once the project begins officially, this can be changed to the official sign-up thread so as to not need to begin a new one and therefore keep everything together. Just thinking into the future.

Last edited by Death-Destiny on 05-07-08 at 23:33

Old Post 05-07-08 22:28 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

ill take 22.

Old Post 05-08-08 00:07 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

Map 20.

Old Post 05-08-08 00:22 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

Give me 26. I have taken a liking to the slot.

I think it is a bit early to start the sign up, the standards of the project have not been completely established. On another note, I do not expect the texture resources to be done before the first week of June.

Old Post 05-08-08 01:00 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Dr. Zin said:
I think it is a bit early to start the sign up, the standards of the project have not been completely established. On another note, I do not expect the texture resources to be done before the first week of June.

Death-Destiny said:
The project will not officially start until most likely June, so you need not begin mapping yet if you'd like the resource WAD and obviously the rules. I just want to get a head count of who's interested at the moment.

The Green Herring said:
Otherwise, I'll write up the rules/guidelines and get things started this week.

This list is just to get a head count of who would be interested in joining the CC4 team and is non-official. The official sign-up is currently not planned to be announced until sometime in June AFAIK, at which point I would imagine the rules will have been decided and the resource WAD near completion. T.G.H. and I just want to get a draft of the rules and such posted to get things moving and it would be good to know how big the team is. Theoretically, having a draft posted would make it easier and quicker to discuss. Wow, I just repeated myself. =P Anyway, that's the plan for now.

Last edited by Death-Destiny on 05-08-08 at 04:07

Old Post 05-08-08 01:17 #
Cadman
I'm not supposed to be here...no really

This is what I like to see! Some sort of direction and organization, good work guys!

With that thought in mind you now have my genuine interest in this thing! If you would like a contribution from me then I would be more than happy to be a part of it and contribute a map. I'll let the team leader(s) assign me a slot, I can make it as big or as small as you want, just let me know.

Count me in as a level designer!

I'm a DoomGod! (Yeah, right!!)

Old Post 05-08-08 02:34 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I have a map that's not too far away from completion, but the way it's set up requires the use of the special tags in map 07...so give me that slot for now I guess.

Old Post 05-08-08 02:36 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
andrewj

I'd like to contribute a map, something small so I'll say slot MAP03.

Old Post 05-08-08 03:38 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Map 27 please.

Old Post 05-08-08 03:58 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Map01: Pistol Not Included

Last edited by TheMionicDonut on 05-08-08 at 04:46

Old Post 05-08-08 04:01 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

...ahhhiyeee...hmmm

I know I'm probably going to regret this later on, but what the hell, I'll do a map. Something fairly easy and short...Map02? Yea I guess I'll go with Map02.

Old Post 05-08-08 05:20 #
Mechadon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dreadopp

I'll take map21.

Old Post 05-08-08 05:44 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord_Z

I'd like map 15.

Old Post 05-08-08 06:40 #
Lord_Z is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

Heh, I'm a sucker for the same number, so I'll take 11 if I could

Old Post 05-08-08 07:16 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

I'll probably want to get in on this. Map 09.

Old Post 05-08-08 15:51 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ler

I'll take Map05.

Old Post 05-08-08 18:19 #
ler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrick
someone employed to clean and maintain a building

Map13

Old Post 05-08-08 19:09 #
Patrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
master lockwolf
Green Marine

Map18 Plz

Old Post 05-08-08 19:41 #
master lockwolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coldfusio

I'd like to be a betatester.

Old Post 05-09-08 12:47 #
Coldfusio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
alterworldruler
Forum Regular

Map 04 plz, also are we going to use additional textures?

Old Post 05-09-08 13:03 #
alterworldruler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

alterworldruler said:
also are we going to use additional textures?

Dr.Zin is putting together an texture recource wad.

Old Post 05-09-08 15:03 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
alterworldruler
Forum Regular

dutch devil said:

Dr.Zin is putting together an texture recource wad.

Excellent, more possibities of being creative... i will be glad to help with anything here though i'm just mapper, this is my First
Community Chest :) it's just a honor to participate in it, i'll start the map once the texture resource wad is put together

Old Post 05-09-08 15:42 #
alterworldruler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman
I'm not supposed to be here...no really

Map 10 is kewl with me...I'll start laying out my design concept for the map. I'm going to wait for the resource wad though before I physically start the map, I map according to the textures and resources available to me. It's one of my crazy methods of getting the proper atmosphere for the map.

I'm a DoomGod! (Yeah, right!!)

Old Post 05-10-08 03:28 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord_Z

Crazy? Nonsense! That's exactly how I map as well.

Old Post 05-10-08 07:39 #
Lord_Z is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Lord_Z said:
Crazy? Nonsense! That's exactly how I map as well.

What!?! Are you Serious? I do that too! =D I think we're on to something here.

Old Post 05-10-08 15:53 #
Butts

normally i do the exact same thing, but i like making the best of stock textures and im only using a few of my own textures with the map anyways (i didnt make them i mean , lol) and once i see the new textures i can always start over, no big deal.

Old Post 05-10-08 23:17 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

Even though I plan to retire from level designing within the next year (after WOS is finished) I would love to create a map for CChest4. So I'll take the MAP25 slot and will likely make something hellish.

Last edited by pcorf on 05-11-08 at 17:59

Old Post 05-11-08 17:51 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

I'll take slot 23. if you could please PM me the rules and regulations and what not i'd appreciate it, if not don't worry about it. I haven't been on here in a while so i have a bit of catching up to do as far as word on CC4.

I won't be able to do any mapping for this week because i have exams.

Hopefully i can finish a map before college starts (in july), if i can't i might be pulling out and giving my slot to someone else.

Edit: For my map style i was planning on a city themed map, if that does not work for you guys i can easily adjust to something else.

Old Post 05-13-08 03:34 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote