Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Rules/Guidelines Thread (segs limit guideline removed)
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

printz said:
What about importing textures from another pack? Do I have to prefix them, even if they're not mine? For example there's that newer Cage texture pack that also contains id-based textures which could go well along the current CC4-TEX list. Do I have to prefix them even if they're not mine?

New textures should always be prefixed to avoid conflicts, unless they're being added to the main resource for general use (either by me, or by TGH, or someone else in charge of handling it).

Old Post 08-30-10 23:51 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Do the patch names have to be prefixed as well as the texture names?

Old Post 03-26-11 21:02 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

It's not required, but I recommend doing that to prevent conflicts with other patches in the compiled WAD.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 03-26-11 21:06 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

I'm just kidding and definitely not being serious, but what if a map author decided to use a really ridiculous midi? Like a really bad rendition of "Jingle Bells" or a children's song (and not a heavy metal remix either, just a really gay sounding song)? :P Would they be allowed to use it?

Old Post 04-21-11 22:36 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I would probably change it to something that fits the level itself better.

That is, unless it's a secret level. Then they can use whatever the heck they want, as long as the MIDI itself is good. There's a difference between "children's song" and, say, this.

Old Post 04-21-11 22:55 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

I really feel that I'm not making much progress on my map, and I think I'll attempt getting the help of a more experienced mapper to help me out. Would a dual-authorship be allowed for a map?

Old Post 06-11-11 23:09 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

The sign-up thread said:
* The Grotto by Christoph / Joshy (Christoph / Joshy) [CC4_Grotto]
Yes.

Old Post 06-11-11 23:18 #
Pottus
Forum Regular

Sodaholic said:
I really feel that I'm not making much progress on my map, and I think I'll attempt getting the help of a more experienced mapper to help me out. Would a dual-authorship be allowed for a map?

I'd be willing to help you out no problem, send me a PM where I can get your map.

Old Post 07-10-11 17:51 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
eternal slumber

Are difficulty settings mandatory?

Old Post 10-04-11 16:22 #
eternal slumber is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Yes. Even if they weren't, it's just good sense to set things up for lower difficulty levels.

Old Post 10-04-11 16:33 #
eternal slumber

Aw, kthx. More work. ;)

Old Post 10-04-11 16:45 #
eternal slumber is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
eternal slumber

The Green Herring said:
it's just good sense to set things up for lower difficulty levels.
Good sense, yes, but I see it as a waste of my time. I dunno if I'll bother using difficulty settings in my map, just a heads-up. The rules didn't say anything about difficulty settings. :)

Old Post 11-06-11 19:01 #
Phobus
Forum Staple

Just put them in - if you're map is going to be ridiculously hard on UV and you won't bother with difficulty settings, then people won't play your map at all unless they like the other stuff you've done.

Old Post 11-06-11 19:27 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

Or they are going to cheat their way around it.

Old Post 11-11-11 19:22 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote