Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 Official Sign-up Thread!!! (RETIRED! USE THE NEW THREAD!)
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

NOTICE (2/8/2010 4:16 PM PST): This thread has been retired! Please use the new sign-up thread for any future sign-ups! -The Green Herring

Welcome, everyone, to the sign-up thread for Community Chest 4!

UPDATE (6/9/2008 7:36AM GMT): As the result of widespread complaints, rule 10 has been altered. Please take a look in the rules thread ASAP and check the changes to the MIDI information request here.

UPDATE (6/27/2008 4:05 GMT): All the slots for CC4 are currently occupied. If you are not currently signed-up, you may still do so as an alternate by filling this form out and putting "??" in the slot number to indicate that you are an alternate.

UPDATE (10/21/2008 1:50 PM PST): Two days ago, Death-Destiny PMed me to say that he was relinquishing his leadership position in CC4. It would also appear that he has since left Doomworld entirely. Thus, I will be updating this post from this point on, and the MAP28 slot is now free. -The Green Herring

UPDATE (2/27/2009 4:32 PM PST): A "reserved mappers" list has been added for those who want to join the project, but cannot do so because the slots are currently full. When a slot is freed, whoever is earliest in the list will be put into that slot immediately. If two or more slots are freed at once, the earliest mapper on the list, or earliest two in the case of three slots being open (and vice versa) may choose which slot they wish to take. If one slot and one reserved mapper remain after this, the mapper will be put in that slot immediately. -The Green Herring

UPDATE (6/30/2009 6:25 PM PDT): The deadline has been extended again, to December 31, 2009. With that, it is now possible to take more than one slot at a time. You may take up to three slots total, including your current one if you already have one. Use the same sign-up form as usual. I also struck out parts of this post that have not been relevant for a long time. -The Green Herring

Please read the rules before signing up, which The Green Herring has posted. Your team leaders needs some information from you, so please answer the questions below and post the responses here or PM/e-mail the responses to BOTH e-mail addresses provided by The Green Herring in the rules. Most of you already signed-up in the Preliminary thread, so you get preference for your slots, but we still need the info from you. As you can see, everyone's names are boldfaced. I will un-boldface your names once I get the information. This information will help your team leaders co-ordinate more effectively. =)

Slot: The tentative slot you intend to map in, according to the list below. Enter a number between 1 and 32. If you are an alternate, enter "??" in this field.
Filename Code: Your map's filename will be CC4_####.WAD, where #### is a string of 2-4 letters/numbers based on your username that helps us identify which map is which. This space is where you write that code.
Texture Code: You are allowed to use any textures you like for your map. If you're going to use any custom textures besides Esselfortium's official resource wad, they must begin with a three-letter code based on your username. This way, textures don't end up with the same names. This space is where you write that code. Write "N/A" if you don't need extra textures.
Midi Used?: If you wish to compose your own MIDI for CC4, write "New" here. Otherwise, enter the source you got the MIDI from. This can be done at any time before compilation.
Name to Be Credited Under: If you want to be credited under anything besides your Doomworld username (like your real name, or a more widely-used online handle,) write it here. Otherwise, write your Doomworld username.
Map Name: Title of your map. You need not do this now, but should be determined before compilation begins. I know a lot of people name their maps once they're finished, and if you do, write "Undecided."

By the way, if you are a beta-tester, all we need for you is what name to be credited under. =)

= MAPS =
Here is a list of the map spaces and who occupies them at this time. There are both non-specific map slots and specific ones, the latter of which are underlined; the maps in non-specific slots will be arranged into specific slots during compilation based on difficulty and size.

The specific slots are:
MAP07 - This level slot allows two monster triggers to be used: A trigger that lowers the floor when all Mancubi on the map are dead, performed on any sector with tag 666; and another which raises a floor by the shortest lower texture its sector has when all Arachnotrons are dead, performed on any sector with tag 667.

MAP15 - This level must have a secret exit, as it is one of only two slots where this works properly (it will take you to MAP31.)

MAP30 - The final boss (monster spitter, Icon of Sin, etc.) level. Be as grandiose as you want.

MAP31 - The secret level; only reachable from MAP15. This level must have a secret exit, as it's the other one of the two slots where this works properly (it will take you to MAP32.)

MAP32 - The super-secret level; only reachable from MAP31.

So that's that. If at all possible, I'd like your information by 18:00 GMT on June 16th. If I don't get this info by then, I will assume you cannot participate and remove your name from the list. =( No worries; if you can't get the info in by that date, you can always ask for you're slot back, no problem at all. It would just be silly for someone who quit without telling to hold a slot for 2 months that someone else could have had.

In this list, the credited name is given first, followed by their username here at Doomworld.

Map01: K. Larson, a.k.a. TheMionicDonut (TheMionicDonut)
Map02: Forty-Two (stewboy)
Map03: James "Phobus" Cresswell (Phobus)
Map04: James "Jimmy" Paddock (Jimmy91)
Map05: Dutch Devil (dutch devil)
Map06: Use3d (Use3D)
Map07: Julian Spanos (Mr. Freeze)
Map08: Alice Jameson (Alice Jameson)
Map09: Adam Windsor (Capellan)
Map10: James "Phobus" Cresswell (Phobus)
Map11: Kirby (Kirby)
Map12: Talvi (Talvi)
Map13: TheeXile (TheeXile)
Map14: The Green Herring (The Green Herring)
Map15: Lord Z (Lord_Z)
Map16: Glaber Twin (glaber)
Map17: Andy Leaver (Aleaver)
Map18: Adam Windsor (Capellan)
Map19: Pottus (Pottus)
Map20: lupinx-Kassman (lupinx-Kassman)
Map21: Ben "Dreadopp" Taylor (Dreadopp)
Map22: Butts (Butts)
Map23: Shadow Dweller (Shadow Dweller)
Map24: Kristian Aro (Nebula-Kristian)
Map25: Nuxius (Nuxius)
Map26: Dr. Zin (Dr. Zin)
Map27: William Huber ([WH]-Wilou84)
Map28: Kim "Torn" Bach (Torn)
Map29: The Ultimate DooMer (The Ultimate DooMer)
Map30: Josh "Joshy" Sealy (Joshy)
Map31: Brett "Mechadon" Harrell and TheMionicDonut (Mechadon and TheMionicDonut)
Map32: Mark "Macro11_1" Pedersen (Macro11_1)

Reservations List:
  1. Malinku (Malinku)
  2. (vacant)
  3. (vacant)
  4. (vacant)
  5. (vacant)
Beta-Tester1: justanotherfool (justanotherfool)
Beta-Tester2: Brian "Anima Zero" Nesser (Anima Zero)
Beta-Tester3: RjY (RjY)
Beta-Tester4: Alice Jameson (Alice Jameson)
Beta-Tester5: printz (printz)

Last edited by The Green Herring on 02-09-10 at 00:17

Old Post 06-05-08 22:28 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

As an example, this is what your info would look like. Here's mine:

Slot: 28
Filename Code: CC4_DD
Texture Code: DD_####
Custom Midi?: New
Name to be Credited Under: Death-Destiny
Map Name: Death Wish

Last edited by Death-Destiny on 06-14-08 at 18:24

Old Post 06-05-08 22:33 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

And an example on my part:

Slot: 14
Filename Code: CC4_TGH
Texture Code: TGH
Midi Used?: New
Name to be Credited Under: The Green Herring
Map Name: Jade Ocean / Emerald Ocean (undecided)

UPDATE (6/8/2008 11:30 PM PDT): Altered to use newly modified form.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 06-09-08 at 07:30

Old Post 06-05-08 22:38 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coldfusio

coldfusio name coldfusio

Old Post 06-05-08 23:00 #
Coldfusio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

Slot: 22
Filename code: CC4_Butt
Texture code: Butt_###
Custom Midi: Someone can choose this for me.
Name to be credited under: Butts
Map name: Desanctification

Old Post 06-05-08 23:10 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Slot: 01
Filename: CC4_MioD
Texture Code: probably not
Custom midi: Currently no, but that subject to change
Name to Be Credited under: K. Larson AKA MionicDonut
Map Name: Graveyard Shift

Last edited by TheMionicDonut on 07-26-08 at 19:16

Old Post 06-05-08 23:15 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

Name to be credited under: justanotherfool

Old Post 06-05-08 23:37 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

Slot: 20
Filename: CC4_Kass
Texture Code: KS_#####
Custom midi: No.
Name to Be Credited Under: Lupinx-Kassman
Map Name: Currently Untitled

Old Post 06-05-08 23:37 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
master lockwolf
Green Marine

Slot: 18
Filename: CC4_LWolf
Texture Code: LW_####
Custom midi: Currently no, but that subject to change
Name to Be Credited under: Lockwolf
Map Name: Unsure at the moment

Old Post 06-06-08 00:13 #
master lockwolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

Slot: 26
Filename Code: CC4_Zin
Texture Code: DZ######
Custom Midi?: No
Name to be Credited Under: Dr. Zin
Map Name: Undecided

Old Post 06-06-08 01:57 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

Slot: 30
Filename Code: CC4_SVK
Texture Code: SVK
Name to be Credited Under: Samuel 'Kaiser' Villarreal
Map Name: Last Rites

Last edited by Kaiser on 06-06-08 at 06:21

Old Post 06-06-08 02:58 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
andrewj

Slot: 3
Filename code: CC4_AJA
Texture code: AJ_#####
Custom Midi: no
Name to be credited under: Andrew Apted
Map name: Undecided

Old Post 06-06-08 03:16 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

Slot: 25
Filename code: CC4_PC25
Texture code: Pcorf (though I prefer to use mainly stock textures)
Custom Midi: Yes, I will compose one.
Name to be credited under: Paul Corfiatis

Old Post 06-06-08 03:37 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

mrrr. I'll be using the resource wad mostly, if i add any textures it will be minor. Also, may map slot be adjusted later depending on playstyle of the map?

Slot: 6
Filename code: CC4_use3d
Texture code: US
Custom Midi: Yes, I'll find something
Name to be credited under: Use3d
Map name: Anchorite

Old Post 06-06-08 03:42 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ler

Slot: 5
Filename code: CC4_ler
Texture code: N/A
custom midi: nah
name to be credited under: Luke Ellis Rester
Map Name: The Metamorphosis

Old Post 06-06-08 05:01 #
ler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Macro11_1

Yay, it has begun! Have fun everyone!!

Slot: 32
Filename Code: CC4_MAC
Texture Code: 11_####
Name to be Credited Under: Mark 'Macro11_1' Pedersen
Map Name: *Undecided*

Old Post 06-06-08 05:29 #
Macro11_1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

What sort of development time is expected for this project? Because I'm really slow at this - uh, I mean thorough.

Old Post 06-06-08 06:25 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
master lockwolf
Green Marine

also, where is the resource wad?

Old Post 06-06-08 06:26 #
master lockwolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord_Z

Slot: 15
Filename Code: CC4_LRDZ
Texture Code: LZ_####
Custom Midi?: Not sure what to use yet
Name to be Credited Under: Lord Z
Map Name: Decomposition

Last edited by Lord_Z on 06-09-08 at 07:28

Old Post 06-06-08 06:51 #
Lord_Z is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nuxius
Forum Regular

Death-Destiny said:
Your map's filename will be CC4_####.WAD, where #### is a string of 2-4 letters/numbers based on your username that helps us identify which map is which. This space is where you write that code.

master lockwolf said:Filename: CC4_LWolf

Use3D said:Filename code: CC4_use3d

Since when did 5 come between 2 and 4? Got to love that Atari style math. :p

master lockwolf said:
also, where is the resource wad?

http://sl4.startan3.com/wasd/cc4-tex-11.zip

It's not quite finished yet, however (99%, according to the top post).

Anyway, mine:

Slot: 31
Filename Code: CC4_NUX
Texture Code: NUX
Custom Midi?: Absolutely, I have something nice from Shtbag picked out. :)
Name to be Credited Under: Nuxius
Map Name: undecided

Oh, and the name is Nuxius, not Nexius, Deaf-Destiny. :p ;)

Old Post 06-06-08 06:57 #
Nuxius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dreadopp

Slot: 21
Filename Code: CC4_DRED
Texture Code: N/A
Name to be Credited Under: Ben "Dreadopp" Taylor
Map Name: Shatterbase

Last edited by Dreadopp on 06-11-08 at 11:23

Old Post 06-06-08 07:36 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

Slot: 16
Filename Code: CC4_Glab
Texture Code: Glab
Custom Midi?: Yes! Midi is "ZDOOM.mid" by Jimmy
Name to be Credited Under: Glaber Twin
Map Name: Glaber Base 6

Last edited by glaber on 06-22-08 at 02:21

Old Post 06-06-08 07:46 #
glaber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RottKing

Slot: 12
Filename Code: CC4_Rott
Texture Code: RK
Custom Midi?: I GUESS I DUNNO UGH
Name to be Credited Under: RottKing

Last edited by RottKing on 06-06-08 at 23:25

Old Post 06-06-08 07:48 #
RottKing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Slot: 7
Filename: cc4_wh07
Texture code: wha
Custom midi: well, I'm not composing my own, but I still have some beef with the "all new songs" mandate
Name to be credited: Will Hackney
Map title: undecided

Old Post 06-06-08 08:07 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Alright, I'll leave my info here and just hope I can get something done in time.

Slot: 9
Filename Code: CC4_crea
Texture Code: CRE
Custom midi: Maybe!
Name to be credited under: Paul "Creaphis" Hiebert

Old Post 06-06-08 08:09 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
alterworldruler

Slot: 8
Filename Code: CC4_ALT
Texture Code: N/a
Custom midi: Nope, prefer original Map08 theme any time
Name to be credited under: Alter
Map name: Fortress of Limbo

Last edited by alterworldruler on 06-06-08 at 14:03

Old Post 06-06-08 08:23 #
alterworldruler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Slot: MAP04
Filename Code: CC4_JIMM
Custom Midi?: Yes. (Which one I'm not sure yet.)
Name to Be Credited Under: Jimmy
Map Name: Memframe

Old Post 06-06-08 12:24 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

Slot: MAP11
Filename Code: CC4_KMAP
Custom Midi?: Most likely (I'll get back to you on which)
Name to Be Credited Under: Kirby

Old Post 06-06-08 18:30 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Spammer

Slot: 29
Filename Code: CC4_MD
Texture Code: MD
Custom Midi: Yes
Name to Be Credited Under: Dutch Devil

Old Post 06-06-08 19:10 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrick
someone employed to clean and maintain a building

Slot: MAP13
Filename Code: CC4_PATP
Texture Code: PP
Custom Midi: Yes
Name to Be Credited Under: Patrick "Janitor" Pineda
Map Name: Yet to be named

Old Post 06-07-08 08:07 #
Patrick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote