Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 Official Sign-up Thread!!! (RETIRED! USE THE NEW THREAD!)
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Christoph said:
I'm not sure what kind of deadline this project has...

As a reminder, the deadline is December 31st.

On another note, while Bloodskull said he wanted to participate, he has not signed up as an alternate and has not responded to the e-mail I sent him several days ago asking if he was still interested, so I'm going to give Cristoph Mechdon's old slot for now to be fair. If Bloodskull still wants to participate, he will have to let someone know and take the next dropped slot.

Old Post 07-13-08 19:44 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Okay by deadline do you mean the maps need be done by the end of the yer, or the wad will be released that day?

Old Post 07-14-08 02:51 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

TheMionicDonut said:
Okay by deadline do you mean the maps need be done by the end of the yer, or the wad will be released that day?
The maps will need to be done by the end of the year. After that, compilation will begin. The deadline may be extended depending on the state of the project by then.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 07-14-08 02:52 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Don't release during December, as this seems to have unnecessarily excluded other wads from Cacoward consideration.

Old Post 07-14-08 04:34 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

I'm a little late on this (Well, late for me :P), but anyways...

Name to be Credited Under: Brian "Anima Zero" Nesser

Old Post 07-15-08 12:46 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Creaphis said:
Don't release during December, as this seems to have unnecessarily excluded other wads from Cacoward consideration.
I'm pretty sure that if Scuba Steve and any other involved reviewers can't get to any WADs released during the end of the year they'll make these eligible for the following awards.

Old Post 07-15-08 12:54 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Updated.

Slot: 29
Filename: CC4_TUD
Texture Code: TUD*****
Custom midi: E1M5
Name to Be Credited under: The Ultimate DooMer
Map Name: Expect the Unexpected

Old Post 07-15-08 17:23 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

myk said:
I'm pretty sure that if Scuba Steve and any other involved reviewers can't get to any WADs released during the end of the year they'll make these eligible for the following awards.

Alright, I guess it won't happen again, but when I noticed this...

11th Annual Cacowards said:

Honorable Mention

Daedalus
Team TNT

At the very end of 2003, Team TNT released their colossal project entitled Daedalus for all to enjoy. It featured some of the most rich story driven levels, scripted events and Zdoom effects that had never been seen and would not be repeated until RTC-3057 was released late the following year.

Unfortunately, Daedalus came too late to be included in the 2003 "Best of" awards, and sadly is not part of 2004 thus disqualifying it from this years awards. For this reason, Daedalus recieves an honorable mention.

...it just raised a red flag for me.

Old Post 07-16-08 00:53 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

This is interesting news. I was unaware that there was a window of a couple of weeks in which WADs are disqualified from Cacoward consideration. I always just thought they were considered for the following year, but I guess not. I hope that policy has been amended. =/

Old Post 07-16-08 01:16 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

I'm pretty sure that rule has changed since then, but I could be wrong. If it hasn't been, it needs to be. It's totally unfair :P

Old Post 07-16-08 02:09 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord_Z

esselfortium...
If it hasn't been, it needs to be. It's totally unfair :P

Indeed, I like to think this thing has a chance of getting one of those caco's too :)

Old Post 07-16-08 08:29 #
Lord_Z is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

I released Super Sonic DooM just in time for chrimbo 2004 and that got in for that year (well a runner up spot but it didnt get ruled out). So maybe the rules did change after 2003.

Old Post 07-16-08 17:28 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Alterworldruler has stated in #cchest that he is quitting the project due to problems in real life. Consequently, the MAP08 slot is free now.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 07-25-08 09:30 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
andrewj

Bit sad that another guy has pulled out.

I've been thinking about pulling out as well, my map got off to quite a good start but I've been stuck for the last few weeks unable to make progress.

Seeing that the demand for map slots is not huge (if it were I'd gladly hand my spot over to someone right now), in August I shall start again, bringing a few of the ideas over, but trying to map in a more sensible way. If I can't get something rolling by the end of August then I'll officially withdraw.

Old Post 07-25-08 10:54 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dreadopp

Ajapted said:
I've been thinking about pulling out as well, my map got off to quite a good start but I've been stuck for the last few weeks unable to make progress.

I am having this problem as well :/. Hopefully, I will be able to get some more mapping done soon. I don't really want to withdraw from this project, but I might have to.

Old Post 07-25-08 17:40 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

Hey guys, I'm not gonna be able to have time to test maps soon since school's coming up soon. Sorry.

Old Post 07-28-08 16:36 #
Lizardcommando is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stewboy

Slot: 8
Filename Code: CC4_stew.wad
Texture Code: N/A
Midi Used?: Probably new
Name to Be Credited Under: stewboy
Map Name: Undecided.

Old Post 09-01-08 08:21 #
stewboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Stewboy, Cristoph requested to have his map switched to slot 8 from slot 2 (scroll down some) very recently because it has like 700 monsters in it. I trust slot 2 will be no problem for you.

Old Post 09-01-08 19:57 #
stewboy

Oh. Why would it be a problem? Didn't you say the maps would get rearranged according to size and difficulty at the end anyway?

Old Post 09-02-08 00:18 #
stewboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

stewboy said:
Oh. Why would it be a problem? Didn't you say the maps would get rearranged according to size and difficulty at the end anyway?

Indeed. As a result, the purpose of even listing mapslots is theoretically so people have a general idea of how hard/long/etc. to make a map. While it honestly doesn't matter, it would be preferable for low slots to make shorter maps and high slots to make harder maps, just to make it easier for TGH to compile everything as the maps would already generally be in order. But since you don't really have much choice for slots at this point, just map however you want. =P

Old Post 09-02-08 01:09 #
Bloodskull
Reputation is a bubble which a man bursts when he tries to blow it for himself.

Hey sorry about the delay Death. I've been busy working two jobs, beinga guitarist/singer in a band and also just finishing up my official C++ classes in college(talk about busy!). Anyways now that I've finished up the semester I've got loads of free time and would like to take Map 25 if you don't mind. As for map info:

Slot: 25
Filename Code: CC4_BS
Texture Code: Offical Resource Wad
Custom Midi?: Orchards of Lamentation (Fisk created it for the map)
Name to be Credited Under: Michael "Bloodskull" Cole
Map Name: The Killing Road

Last edited by Bloodskull on 09-02-08 at 14:16

Old Post 09-02-08 05:52 #
Bloodskull is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

I'll just sign up properly as an alternate in the event that somebody has to drop out or whatever.

Slot: ??
Filename Code: CC4_Ph
Custom MIDI: No
Name to be Credited under (in event of being needed): James "Phobus" Cresswell
Map Name: ?? (depends on what slot I'm in really, if at all)

Old Post 10-13-08 12:10 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
andrewj

Phobus can have my slot, MAP03. I haven't been working on my map much, other stuff has been more interesting to work on. Apologies everybody.

Old Post 10-13-08 12:46 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

Well, if you're sure, I'll wait for it to be confirmed and try and make a start of it. Good news with MAP03 is that it wouldn't need to be very big, so I should be able to make a map fairly quickly, if I get enough time. If not, it'll be a little slower.

Old Post 10-13-08 21:28 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Alright, I've got you on the roster in the map03 slot, Phobus. Have fun mapping! :)

Old Post 10-14-08 00:49 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

yay phobus map!

Old Post 10-14-08 00:55 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

Thanks DD (and Use3D, for supportive posting :)). I'll be able to start within this week, possibly even today or tomorrow depending on how much free time I get between lectures. I've got a few ideas and concepts floating about in my head concerning overall layout and progression, so I feel I can submit this as a proper sign up:

Slot: 03
Filename Code: CC4_Ph
Custom MIDI: No
Name to be Credited Under: James "Phobus" Cresswell
Map Name: Three is a Charm

I'll put up a map thread when I have enough to actually show off, and try to keep it fairly up-to-date (daily basis when I've worked or something.

Old Post 10-14-08 12:08 #
Torn
google is your master

Sign me up for map28:

Slot: 28
Filename Code: CC4_Torn
Texture Code: N/A (Torn*)
Custom MIDI: Yes
Credited: Kim "Torn" Bach
Map Name: Undecided

Old Post 10-21-08 22:05 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

If it's alright, I'll take the Mapslot 30. I've got more than enough time on my hands considering I have finished school. Thanks.

Slot: 30
Filename Code: CC4_Joshy
Custom MIDI: Yes Eventually
Credited: Joshy 'ghost' Sealy
Map Name: Undecided for now

Last edited by Joshy on 11-07-08 at 23:53

Old Post 11-07-08 23:35 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nuxius
Forum Regular

I'd like to switch my slot from 31 to 25 if that's O.K.

My original plan for Map 31 has moved beyond the scope for a CC map, and I don't have any other ideas that I think would make for a good Map 31 (the secret maps, to me, should be something completely different from the norm).

So I'd just like to do a regular normal hard map in the Map 25 slot.

I already have one started, and will start a thread with some screen shots if this is approved. :)

Slot: 25
Filename Code: CC4_NUX
Texture Code: NUX
Custom Midi?: Yes.
Name to be Credited Under: Nuxius
Map Name: undecided

Old Post 11-11-08 09:41 #
Nuxius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote