Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 Official Sign-up Thread!!! (RETIRED! USE THE NEW THREAD!)
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:13. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Regrettably, Creaphis has told me through PM that he thinks he won't be able to get his map together on time, and has made a blog post to explain that he'll be leaving for an unspecified period of time, and why. Thus, I have freed the MAP09 slot. Anyone who wants to sign up for the project as a mapper may now do so.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 05-04-09 01:38 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

Deadline is June 30, right?

Slot: 09
Filename Code: CC4_CAP
Texture Code: None
Midi Used?: No
Name to be Credited Under: Adam Windsor
Map Name: (undecided)

Old Post 05-04-09 23:48 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Uh...kickass

Old Post 05-04-09 23:57 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Capellan said:
Deadline is June 30, right?
Yeah, the deadline is June 30, although it may be extended depending on the state of the project by then.

Capellan said:
O_O

Holy crap... and I played Demonfear two months ago...

Old Post 05-04-09 23:57 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

The Green Herring said:
I played Demonfear two months ago...

I'll be aiming for something more like "Rats in the Walls" ... at least in terms of size and tempo.

Hmmm, maybe I could pinch a level title from H P Lovercraft again ...

Old Post 05-05-09 00:25 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

In early April, Christoph posted about dropping from the project two times. Given the wording of the post, however, I wanted to be on the safe side, waiting to see if any new developments occurred, be it a confirmation of his "dropped" status, or even news of his return. I was reminded about it yesterday, and after thinking about it, I've decided to go through with his request. The MAP08 slot is now free.

Old Post 05-07-09 06:02 #
Christoph

Go ahead - I concur with your reasoning. Nothing has changed at this point, and I see no reason to believe anything will change. Unless I suddenly say something otherwise (in which case I'll post it in all relevant threads), count me out.

Blame it on China's craptastically slow, virus-laden interwebnets, and my own lack of patience for the myriad technically difficulties I've since encountered. I only request that whoever takes the slot makes a really fun/weird/cool map! I want to play this when it's done, whether or not I enter a map myself.

Old Post 05-08-09 09:49 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Alice Jameson
Mini-Member

Just downloaded and installed Doom Builder 2 and got inspired to do a map and seeing as how there's an open spot I'm gonna try my hand at this. ^^

Slot: MAP08
Filename Code: CC4_ALIC
Texture Code: N/A
Name to Be Credited Under: Alice Jameson
Map Name: (Undecided)

Old Post 05-20-09 18:19 #
Alice Jameson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Yay the slot is filled. Good luck!

Old Post 05-20-09 18:22 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Alice Jameson
Mini-Member

Now I just have to map like crazy to finish by deadline.

Old Post 05-20-09 18:25 #
Alice Jameson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Christoph

Quality over time though - yes get busy, but please don't compromise quality or good gameplay just because of time (if there is a conflict) - I'm sure they can push the deadline again IF they have to - just do whatever it takes to make a GOOD megawad sometime this year. I can wait..

Old Post 05-22-09 05:01 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Alice Jameson
Mini-Member

I am reaching for quality. I am taking my time to map but trying to maintain a decent pace at the same time. I want to make an excellent map for this project. I just hope it is well recieved. ^^

Old Post 05-22-09 17:47 #
Alice Jameson
Mini-Member

Updating my sign up form a bit.

Slot: MAP08
Filename Code: CC4_ALIC
Texture Code: AJ
Name to Be Credited Under: Alice Jameson
Map Name: Installation Decrepit

Old Post 05-26-09 19:01 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

master lockwolf has been removed due to inactivity. As a result, MAP18 is now free.

Old Post 06-01-09 18:07 #
[WH]-Wilou84

The Green Herring said:
MAP18 is now free.

Heya,
Let me take care of map 18 if possible. I already have something in progress, you will not be disappointed.

Slot: MAP18
Filename Code: CC4_WH
Texture Code: WH_*
Midi Used?: Yeah, from vgmusic.com
Name to Be Credited Under: William Huber
Map Name: Crucifix Held Close

I hope to finish this before the deadline.

Old Post 06-01-09 18:27 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

As he stated in another thread, waverider has resigned from CC4. The MAP19 slot is now free.

Old Post 06-05-09 03:02 #
pcorf

The Green Herring said:
As he stated in another thread, waverider has resigned from CC4. The MAP19 slot is now free.

I'll take it. I will start work on it after Whispers of Satan is finished.

Slot: MAP19
Filename Code: CC4_PC
Texture Code: PC_*
Midi Used?: Yes
Name to Be Credited Under: Paul Corfiatis
Map Name: Undecided

Old Post 06-14-09 05:08 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bloodskull
Reputation is a bubble which a man bursts when he tries to blow it for himself.

Okay...so I know I dropped out of the project about a year ago but......is there still a slot open?

Old Post 06-23-09 17:30 #
Bloodskull is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Not at the moment, but you can put yourself in a "Reserved Mappers" slot if you want, and then, if someone is dropped or kicked out, you will be put in an empty slot. As I wrote in the first post:

UPDATE (2/27/2009 4:32 PM PST): A "reserved mappers" list has been added for those who want to join the project, but cannot do so because the slots are currently full. When a slot is freed, whoever is earliest in the list will be put into that slot immediately. If two or more slots are freed at once, the earliest mapper on the list, or earliest two in the case of three slots being open (and vice versa) may choose which slot they wish to take. If one slot and one reserved mapper remain after this, the mapper will be put in that slot immediately. -The Green Herring

Old Post 06-23-09 17:35 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

With the extension of the deadline to December 31, 2009, I have added a new submission rule. You may now take more than one map slots at a time. You can take up to three map slots at a time, including the one you already have, if you have one.

Old Post 07-01-09 02:27 #
Capellan
Forum Regular

Since my level is in beta-testing now, feel free to add me to the reserve mappers list. If someone drops out, I'll take over their slot.

Old Post 07-01-09 03:07 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

All right. You should use the sign-up form, though. ;)

Old Post 07-01-09 03:12 #
Capellan
Forum Regular

Slot: ??
Filename Code: CC4_CAP2
Map Name: (undecided)

Such a lot has changed since the last time I filled it out ;)

How many complete / being tested levels do we have so far?

Old Post 07-01-09 03:14 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I've started putting the names of authors of finished maps in the sign-up list in bold. At the moment, we have five finished maps.

Old Post 07-01-09 03:16 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Only five? I was expecting more than that.

I might be able to work on an second back up map, I haven't started on anything yet. I'll have an look on my hd, lets see what unfinshed stuff is floating around. Since the deadline is pushed back it should give me enough time to come up with something.

Old Post 07-01-09 12:44 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Slot: ??
Filename Code: CC4_PH2
Name to be Credited Under: James "Phobus" Cresswell
Map Name: (I'll make one up for the map slot)

Stick me after anybody who hasn't already made a map and wants to be on the reserve list - this is just so we can get this project finished :)

Old Post 07-01-09 12:53 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Just woke up this morning and received Alice Jameson's level. Her name is now bolded in the list, to indicate a finished level. Nice job!

Old Post 07-01-09 16:42 #
Do0minat0r
Loser

Death-Destiny said:
UPDATE (6/30/2009 6:25 PM PDT): The deadline has been extended again, to December 31, 2009.

It is understandable with a project of this scale that the deadline may need to be extended, but why is it being done so in such large increments (6 months at a time, with no signs of slowing)? I'm not mad, I just think that maybe a month or two at a time would be a more reasonable extension at this point.

Old Post 07-02-09 22:18 #
Do0minat0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

The announcement has been made now, so it might be too late to take it back ... but yeah, 6 months seems too big a jump. It's too easy to procrastinate when a deadline is that far away (of course, setting and extending a new deadline every 4 weeks wouldn't be very productive either ... running a project where you lack either a carrot or a stick to motivate people is always going to be difficult).

It's definitely worrying that after 12 months, only 6 maps are done ... at that rate, this is going to take another 4 years to finish.

Old Post 07-02-09 22:45 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

It seems like a big jump but as you've already pointed out, only a few maps are done, and many of the mappers have admitted to having little time during the next few months, with more time opening up in the late summer. So far this CC has been slow, but it's really of no one's fault.
As long as people are interested I don't really care how long it takes, and those who have finished their maps can take this time to refine them. I have a feeling that more maps will filter in over the next few months, and it always takes a lot of time to playtest the thing, have to consider that as well.

Old Post 07-02-09 23:34 #