Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 Official Texture Resource
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

No, XWE is still not compatible with it. Csabo released the XWE source code a while back; someone really ought to take it and fix that bug already. In the meantime, of course, the logical solution here is to not use XWE.

Old Post 07-09-09 00:34 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

Man what a mega texture pack this is! About the only things I'd miss would be PLATF2 and TECHF1 from Q1TEX.

Can I ask the source of the rusty lift PLATDARK? It seems to be alot brighter than D2_LIFT1 from Dagger's Dark Base Textures.

Old Post 10-28-09 01:25 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

Super Jamie said:
Man what a mega texture pack this is! About the only things I'd miss would be PLATF2 and TECHF1 from Q1TEX.

Can I ask the source of the rusty lift PLATDARK? It seems to be alot brighter than D2_LIFT1 from Dagger's Dark Base Textures.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain it was one of the grungified texture edits I did for greenwar2-tex a couple years ago, via some merger of existing textures with overlays of a rivetless METAL base.

Old Post 10-28-09 01:37 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darkreaver

hey, is the f_sky in this cc4-tex wad GREY? Or what? When I play/test my wad (with pr-boom-plus, gl mode) the sky is grey. It sucks :(

like this:

http://www.wadsinprogress.info/imag...wad=1244&shot=3

Old Post 11-05-09 02:16 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joshy

Sky1 is grey yes. Are you saying you want to use it for your WAD to replace the current grey sky it has that sucks?

Old Post 11-05-09 02:24 #
Joshy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darkreaver

Id like to replace the sky yes, with something more hellish/red, or something.
Though I have NO f#¤%%¤ing clue how to do that :P
Im a total noob to mapping, and I get scared just reading the name "XWE" or "dehacked" and EVIL words like that.

I felt like a super-leet-über-haxxor when I managed to merge my wad with the cc4-tex wad, that should say it all, heh

Old Post 11-05-09 18:02 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Then build the map in slot 21 or higher

Old Post 11-05-09 18:57 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darkreaver

!

Why didnt I think of that, lol :P

But, then I have to point out in the readme that its map 21? If Im ever gonna release this, I mean.

Old Post 11-05-09 19:48 #
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

darkreaver said:
But, then I have to point out in the readme that its map 21?

You will, but that's no big deal, there are plenty of maps out there on odd map numbers.

Feel free to post your map in the Wads & Mods section on here, most of us are happy to help new mappers improve, rather than just clutter up idgames and get 0/5s because you made some non-obvious mistake.

Old Post 11-05-09 21:56 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Super Jamie said:
Feel free to post your map in the Wads & Mods section on here, most of us are happy to help new mappers improve, rather than just clutter up /newstuff threads and get lots of flames obscuring every other wad in the same threads because you made some non-obvious mistake.

fix'd :P

Old Post 11-06-09 00:13 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MajorRawne

Sorry if this has already been asked and I missed it, but can anyone use the resource wads and the new skies and stuff even if they aren't mapping for the CC4?

I'd love to sign up as a reserve mapper in case anyone drops out but I am new to mapping and my best effort would be about as attractive as the contents of a soiled nappy compared to everyone else's.

Old Post 05-01-10 20:27 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

MajorRawne said:
Sorry if this has already been asked and I missed it, but can anyone use the resource wads and the new skies and stuff even if they aren't mapping for the CC4?

Yes! Go for it!

Old Post 05-01-10 21:19 #
Nameless
Mini-Member

esselfortium said:

EDIT (May 21, 2009 10:21 AM PDT): If you have problems using the CC4 official texture resource with Doom Builder 2 under the Boom configuration, click here to download a bugfixed Boom configuration file and replace your old one with it. Doom Builder 2's configuration files should be found in the Configurations folder of the Doom Builder 2 directory.-The Green Herring

I was wondering if someone could provide a working link because this one seems to be dead?

Old Post 07-28-10 02:01 #
Nameless is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Nameless said:

I was wondering if someone could provide a working link because this one seems to be dead?

Same here. In fact, with the original texture wad version, and trying Doom Builder 1.68, within the 3d mode texture selector, by the time I reach TANROCK, I get this glitch:
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/705/ohdear.th.png
The text down the screen has nothing to do with the visible page, it's a selected texture from above.

Shortly after I quit 3d mode, it very likely bombs with a run-time error: "file already open", or a message box: "insufficient memory for bitmap". Has anyone else experienced something like this?

It doesn't happen within the conventional texture selector (from the linedef menu).

EDIT: well, now it caused me a BSOD, with nv4_disp.dll. I should look into this.

EDIT 2: I upgraded my driver at last, and now apparently the crash is gone. But I'm still scared to try mapping right now!

Last edited by printz on 08-28-10 at 19:40

Old Post 08-28-10 18:36 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

That's a DB1 bug, not a CC4-tex bug. It happens on any sufficiently large texture wad, if you do enough scrolling through the list. All I can really suggest is updating to DB2 or being careful about scrolling through too many textures at a time.

Old Post 08-28-10 19:52 #
Sigvatr
Banned

If you want to achieve the best look at the cost of convenience, you could use Photoshop's blending filters to get a more realistic blood look on textures, but they would have to be unique textures instead of decals.

Old Post 11-01-10 01:40 #
Sigvatr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nameless
Mini-Member

So what happend here? I still can't use Boom with the current texture-pack so I have to stick to Zdoom.

Once again, could someone please upload the fixed one. Thanks!

Old Post 11-07-10 18:49 #
Nameless is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Try updating your installation of Doom Builder 2. The Boom config's been fixed in the official distribution for a while now. In early versions, it was broken because of the way colormaps were being handled/read.

For that matter, I've removed the config link from the opening post because it's not needed anymore.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 11-07-10 18:56 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nameless
Mini-Member

The Green Herring said:
Try updating your installation of Doom Builder 2. The Boom config's been fixed in the official distribution for a while now.

I thought somebody said that there was an error in the texture-pack?

Also, I use DB1.
Also, yay for quick answer!

Old Post 11-07-10 19:06 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

If you mean what printz talked about...

esselfortium said:
That's a DB1 bug, not a CC4-tex bug. It happens on any sufficiently large texture wad, if you do enough scrolling through the list. All I can really suggest is updating to DB2 or being careful about scrolling through too many textures at a time.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 11-07-10 19:17 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nameless
Mini-Member

No, not really. If I try to fire up Boom with a map that uses any of the new textures in the texture-pack I get an error and Boom boots out.

Old Post 11-07-10 19:23 #
esselfortium

What error is it, which Boom version or derivative are you using, what commandline are you loading with, etc?

Old Post 11-07-10 19:28 #
Nameless
Mini-Member

esselfortium said:
What error is it, which Boom version or derivative are you using, what commandline are you loading with, etc?

Boom version
prboom, v2.1.1

Commandline
-iwad %D -file "%F" -warp %M -skill 4

Error:
http://i56.tinypic.com/ogcksk.jpg
Yeah, masked my name.

Old Post 11-07-10 20:30 #
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

There are some really nice textures here. Essel, do you mind if I use them for a personal project I'm working on? :)

Old Post 11-26-10 07:51 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

Go for it, just be sure to credit all the sources used. (The full list is in cc4-tex.txt in the zip.)

Old Post 11-26-10 08:20 #
Nameless
Mini-Member

Some update on my error. I realized that if I use any other texture then the standard Doom2-textures with pr-boom, I get the error I posted above.

Old Post 11-27-10 13:59 #
esselfortium

Are you sure that you don't have DB2 set to exclude CC4-tex from testing parameters? This is in the wad options dialog that comes up when you open your map; select CC4-tex in the resources list and click the button for more options with it. There should be a checkbox to exclude from testing parameters, make sure it isn't on.

Old Post 11-27-10 17:59 #
Nameless
Mini-Member

As I stated above I use DB1. Mostly for preformance reasons. I don't know, but this might be a problem related to pr-boom and/or DB1. If it is prboom, I could simply switch to zdoom and everything will work. However, I like to use prboom as much as possible. Because zdoom isn't that great.

Also, I found this around the net. It might be related:

Skulltag is basically Zdoom so no. I know the problem with prboom-plus. You need a hex editor and you need to open Doom2.wad. Somehow the header got changed from iwad to pwad. All you need to do is find P W A D in the hex editor and change the P to I.

Last edited by Nameless on 11-27-10 at 19:51

Old Post 11-27-10 19:32 #
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

esselfortium said:
Go for it, just be sure to credit all the sources used. (The full list is in cc4-tex.txt in the zip.)

I'll do that. Thanks. :)

Old Post 12-08-10 10:32 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

The link doesn't work, I can work without the Resource but does it contain Plutonia's textures? If it doesn't contain a few textures that would be okay ;).

Old Post 03-06-11 19:40 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote