Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Texture resource question

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:59. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Patrick
someone employed to clean and maintain a building

I was wondering if the textfile for the Darkening E2 allows one to use the textures included with it. Im in a foreign country and away from my home computer with no access to the textfile for it. I want to use those textures for my CC4 map.

Old Post 06-13-08 03:16 #
Patrick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

I'm fairly certain it doesn't allow the use of textures.

Old Post 06-13-08 03:36 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nuxius
Forum Regular

From The Darkening Episode 2 text file:
[7.1 Textures]

Please do NOT extract textures from darken2.wad and do NOT create levels that are depending on darken2.wad to run. If you want to create a level that uses the textures from The Darkening Episode 2, use the standalone texture WAD. See
http://www.doomworld.com/darkening for more information.

From The Darkening Episode 2 website:
I might as well also mention that I don't think we'll ever see a texture wad from Ola. I know some of you authors have already gone ahead and used Darkening textures. All I really ask is that you credit Ola and give a link to the Darkening webpage. So I guess that's it.

Take from that what you will.

Old Post 06-13-08 03:40 #
Nuxius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote