Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4-Map28: Death Wish

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:46. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Alright, I've finally gotten a start on my map. This map is in Hell! A temple of fire and shadows. >=) I plan to make the map hard!

Knowing Dutch Devil's concept of Hell, I bet my map will look very similar to his (red and black). Right Dutch? ;)

Screenies:
Fire!!!
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5383/screenshotdoom200806132va3.png
Shadows!!!
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/644/screenshotdoom200806132fv9.png
Death!!!
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3369/screenshotdoom200806132oc2.png
Hey Essel! Are you aware that this texture does not tile correctly? =(
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8376/screenshotdoom200806132rg6.png

Last edited by Death-Destiny on 06-19-08 at 03:14

Old Post 06-14-08 03:25 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Looks kickass!

The only suggestions I can think of from the screenshots you've posted are to try adjusting your floor/ceiling heights (and/or Y-alignments) of the gstone and the big dark stones so that you don't have indentations and floors cutting into them in unnatural places. Also, is that a few pixels of weird tekwall stuff I see on the left side of those red SHAWN walls in the first shot? o_O

Death-Destiny said:
Hey Essel! Are you aware that this texture does not tile correctly?

I was not! Nuxius made it! D:

Old Post 06-14-08 03:33 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Butts

it really does look kickass.

Old Post 06-14-08 06:13 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nuxius
Forum Regular

Death-Destiny said:
Hey Essel! Are you aware that this texture does not tile correctly? =(

Oh shitter-fucks! That texture uses two patches and I forgot to send essel the other patch (heh).

When I get back to my computer that has those on it I'll post it in the texture resource thread, essel. Sorry about that, peeps! :(

Anyway, map looks great, Death-Destiny! :)

Old Post 06-14-08 09:27 #
Nuxius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

esselfortium said:
Also, is that a few pixels of weird tekwall stuff I see on the left side of those red SHAWN walls in the first shot? o_O
As in Doom 1's SKINTEK texes?

Old Post 06-14-08 10:45 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Looks very Scythe II. I like it a lot. :D

Old Post 06-14-08 10:51 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dreadopp

I like it a lot :D. It looks like it will be challenging.

Old Post 06-14-08 11:11 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Sweet I really like it.

I was allready planning to use these textures as well, is that sky suited for void type maps I haven't taken an peek yet.

I should start on my CC4 map soon.

Old Post 06-14-08 14:58 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dr. Zin

dutch devil said:
I was allready planning to use these textures as well, is that sky suited for void type maps I haven't taken an peek yet.

It is.

Old Post 06-14-08 16:20 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

dutch devil said:

Be sure to keep in mind, though, that Boom and some of the Boom-compatible ports will give you sky HOM if you put f_sky1 on the floor and ceiling of the same sector, due to the way that Doom merges all visible sky visplanes when rendering. (Vrack3 avoids this by using very high raised ceilings or low floors, with an allblack flat, and missing upper/lower textures, so that it looks like full-sky.)

Old Post 06-14-08 16:33 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

esselfortium said:
(Vrack3 avoids this by using very high raised ceilings or low floors, with an allblack flat, and missing upper/lower textures, so that it looks like full-sky.)

code:
x-----------------------------x |:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::| |::x-----------------------x::| |::|.......................|::| |::|..x-----------------x..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..| |..|::| |::|..|(C) |..|::| |::|..x-----------------x..|::| |::|(B)....................|::| |::x-----------------------x::| |(A)::::::::::::::::::::::::::| x-----------------------------x SECTOR (C): F_SKY1 floor and F_SKY1 ceiling, low floor, but very tall ceiling SECTOR (B): F_SKY1 floor and solid ceiling, keep the floor height, but make the ceiling just a bit lower than in (C). SECTOR (A): F_SKY1 floor and solid ceiling, same ceiling height, but floor one unit below the ceiling.

This way you'll be able to fall in the 'void' and not see solid frames when down there.

I'd try for special, teledamage voodoo effects like the one in Congestion 1024's void map, not for 20% damage sectors. If it were for 20% damage sectors, I'd stick to nukage POISON-marked reactors like in doom.wad.

Old Post 06-15-08 11:00 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Patrick
someone employed to clean and maintain a building

ooh, this makes my sky look pretty. very nice

Old Post 06-15-08 11:04 #
Patrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Added more crap to the map... I guess it's like 20% finished now:

It's a well-documented fact that Arch-Viles play organs. Why do you think Doomguy always sees them casually scattered about Hell?
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2589/screenshotdoom200806182us4.png
The map will probably have some boney/fleshy areas as well...
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7439/screenshotdoom200806182fv1.png

Old Post 06-19-08 03:06 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Cool. If it were for ZDoom, one could associate each pipe with its sound-sequence, to make Doom music. Yeah...

That red texture on the pipes... is it REDWALL1, copied from Doom.wad, or a SHAWN2, tinted red? I wouldn't copy data from Doom.wad to Doom2 pwads, as per Hollenshead rules. :) Fortunately that one texture can be imitated properly, by recolouring SHAWN2, so as not to "steal" REDWALL1 from Doom 1.

Old Post 06-19-08 08:31 #
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

printz said:
That red texture on the pipes... is it REDWALL1, copied from Doom.wad, or a SHAWN2, tinted red? I wouldn't copy data from Doom.wad to Doom2 pwads, as per Hollenshead rules. :) Fortunately that one texture can be imitated properly, by recolouring SHAWN2, so as not to "steal" REDWALL1 from Doom 1.

The texture is from the CC4-tex and is called SHAWNRD2, so I'm assuming it's a recolored SHAWN2. I hope so anyway, since it looks nice and I woldn't want to have to replace it... or at least recolor SHAWN2 myself...

Old Post 06-19-08 09:15 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Oh wow I like your organ, yeah the Arch Vile would be just the right monster to play an organ.

Old Post 06-19-08 13:51 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nuxius
Forum Regular

Actually, both REDWALL1 and a red variant of SHAWN2 are in the wad; however, I can tell by looking at the screens he's using the SHAWN2 variant.

Also, FYI, I uploaded the other patch the the SKSPINE3 texture here, so whenever essel gets it added to the resource wad you won't have to gawk at the misalignment anymore. :p

Old Post 06-24-08 02:45 #
Nuxius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Nuxius said:
Also, FYI, I uploaded the other patch the the SKSPINE3 texture here, so whenever essel gets it added to the resource wad you won't have to gawk at the misalignment anymore. :p

Thanks a lot Nuxius! That's a sweet texture you composed, so I look forward to using it in all its glory. ;)

Old Post 06-24-08 03:00 #
pcorf

Screenies look very impressive. I will also start on my map soon.

Old Post 06-30-08 06:20 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Christoph

That organ room really made me LOL, as I hope it will countless other gamers when they actually get to that room! I like my Map28's to be epic and flesh/hellish...

Old Post 07-25-08 21:09 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote