Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 - Map 05 - Inner Fear
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Macro11_1

dutch devil said:
Are sectors two units wide gonna be causing problems on some ports?, I want to create loads of these cracks between my marble flats.I might post an couple of new shots this weekend. [/B]

I can see how you might use that, if its what I think, you should make use of alchemical symbolizing or something... you know, earth, fire, wind, water... the four elements. I could see that all across the ground, hell I could see it glowing... and if you have the ceiling light being dark... It would look pwnt.

Also its too bad you have gotten bored of that old map start, but its also probably a good thing it happened sooner rather than a month down the road. :D

Same thing actually happened to me in the NDCP2 dude, for that second map I was going to do for it... and it also happened here, I had a map idea or two going and then scrapped them and started over... so im just waiting till I stick with an idea before I start my progress thread.

Good luck Dutch Devil :) Looking great as usual.

Old Post 06-18-08 07:16 #
Macro11_1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Ajapted said:

There is a potential problem for Software ports:

When the nodes builder does it's thing, it often has to split segs. The issue is that vertices of split segs have the same precision as normal vertices: the 1x1 grid. Hence there is the possibility that a very narrow sector (especially if diagonal) will get messed up by the imprecise split points causing some segs to overlap where they shouldn't.

I'd say 4 units is the safest (glitch-free) smallest size, 2 units might be OK (especially if purely vertical or horizontal), and 1 unit is asking for trouble.

I wasn't planning to put diagonal cracks in it, everything will stay vertical and horizontal.I might try 4 unit sized cracks to be on the safe side, I hope it doesn't look weird.

@Macro11_1 I gave up on that map cause of its large size and the huge amount of work I had to do on it.I've done enough for NDCP2 time to move on.

Old Post 06-18-08 19:00 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

2-unit wide sectors , even 1-unit, are completely fine if they're lined up with the grid. Every line you draw should either be parallel with the grid lines or 45 degrees off if you want to be completely certain that no rendering errors will happen. You don't need to be scared of drawing more unusual shapes, either. Build the nodes, and if everything renders correctly in software, it's fine. If something doesn't look right, move a vertex by one unit and try again.

However, Doom Builder has glitches relating to drawing 1-unit-wide sectors (sidedefs may get the wrong sector associations) so I find it best to draw bigger ones and shrink them down.

Old Post 06-18-08 21:29 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

New shots see first post.

Old Post 06-18-08 23:17 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord_Z

Those cracks seem to work really well. Red and black ftw :P

Old Post 06-19-08 08:16 #
Lord_Z is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

dutch devil said:
New shots see first post.
You put green, after red and black. No longer too evil for you.

Old Post 06-19-08 08:28 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nuxius
Forum Regular

dutch devil said:
I shall promise not to delete this :P

I'm going to hold you to that, you know. :p

Anyway, new shots are looking great as usual, Dutch! :D

Old Post 06-24-08 02:41 #
Nuxius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

This being map29 and all I cant help but wonder if this will be LOLHARD. I for one enjoy that in the CC map29s.

Old Post 06-25-08 06:50 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

See first post for new screens.

Old Post 03-13-09 14:45 #
TheMionicDonut

Oh you are a sneaky one, using your old thread for your new map.

Old Post 03-13-09 18:31 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

Are all of the screenshots of the new map? I can't tell :O

Regardless, they look very awesome.

Old Post 03-13-09 21:01 #
Mechadon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Welcome back DD, I knew you couldn't stay away!

Old Post 03-13-09 23:16 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

You had me looking for a post from the other DD (even though I know you wouldn't welcome him back).

Old Post 03-13-09 23:35 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Not exactly sure how many would.

Old Post 03-13-09 23:35 #
Butts

Excellent! Or should I say... sexcellent?

Old Post 03-13-09 23:36 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Creaphis said:
You had me looking for a post from the other DD (even though I know you wouldn't welcome him back).

Sure I would, with a big 'ol kick in the nuts.

Old Post 03-13-09 23:57 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Mechadon said:
Are all of the screenshots of the new map? I can't tell :O

Regardless, they look very awesome.

Yeah all new, and its all in one map.It was sitting on my hd unfinished for an long time.I gotta clear my unfinished maps folder, there are too many unfinished maps that still need to be completed.

Yeah I couldn't stay away, I always wanted to contribute something to CC4.

Old Post 03-14-09 14:25 #
Christoph

TheMionicDonut said:
Oh you are a sneaky one, using your old thread for your new map.

It took me more than a minute to figure that out - I just sat there pouring over the screenshots wondering "what sp_hot"?? Then I gave up and continued reading...

Old Post 03-14-09 22:03 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Christoph said:

It took me more than a minute to figure that out - I just sat there pouring over the screenshots wondering "what sp_hot"?? Then I gave up and continued reading...

Sp_hot came from this map, it was my first attempt.Maybe I can finish this map for CC5, curently its at 5% finished.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2u91r35.png

Old Post 03-15-09 14:33 #
IRod54

Some killer shots here! Keep going, dutch!

Old Post 03-15-09 15:24 #
IRod54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

DOnt make that map29 of CC5. That one is MINE!

Old Post 03-15-09 20:18 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Mapshot, I'm working on the smaller area in the upper left corner, you can see its still an bit empty.I haven't been working on the smaller details all that much so far.The rest is done, well gameplay needs to be worked on some more.I hope you like an challenge, cause I am in an evil mood with this map :P
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2053/map05.th.png

Old Post 03-21-09 15:01 #
IRod54

That's an incredible map, Dutch!

Old Post 03-21-09 15:30 #
IRod54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

I think my map is done to the point that I could use some feedback from the playtesters. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to send it over.

Old Post 04-11-09 15:52 #
justanotherfool

Colour me interested in testing the map, dutch. If you'll PM me a link to it I should be able to test it and post comments before too long.

Old Post 04-12-09 03:08 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Ok I will pm you an link, thanks for willing to playtest my map.

Old Post 04-12-09 18:50 #
RjY
anARCHy

Please send the link to me as well.

Old Post 04-12-09 20:10 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Ok no problem, allready done. Have fun.

Old Post 04-13-09 13:11 #
Alice Jameson
Mini-Member

I am also a beta tester. So I can play test it too. If you'll send it to me also.

Old Post 04-13-09 17:48 #
Alice Jameson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Ok PM sent, thanks for the interest.

Old Post 04-13-09 18:08 #