Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 - MAP24 -Reaper's Digest-(100%) MAP COMPLETE! Sending 4 testers...
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dreadopp

That new shot looks pretty cool to me as well. :)

Old Post 01-18-09 23:01 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

nicely done.

Old Post 01-19-09 00:58 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

Kristian tells me that the level is about 50% done.

Old Post 02-24-09 08:04 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nebula-Kristian

pcorf said:
Kristian tells me that the level is about 50% done.

Yeah, well it's 45% done. 50% in the next couple of weeks for sure. :)

A new screenshot link posted to the first post of this thread.

Old Post 02-26-09 23:10 #
Nebula-Kristian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Wow, I really like the looks fo that new screenshot. This map seems to incorporate both indoor and outdoor areas (to state the obvious), but those maps seem rather rare, and I like how its going thus far.

Old Post 02-26-09 23:40 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

This is going to be an awesome looking level indeed.

Old Post 02-27-09 02:34 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nebula-Kristian

Progress post! Level progress now at 55%. Growing slowly but definitely..! I also added a new screenshot which is a little teaser of the outdoor area... Don't want to reveal everything just yet ;)

Old Post 03-29-09 23:06 #
Nebula-Kristian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

Nebula-Kristian said:
Progress post! Level progress now at 55%. Growing slowly but definitely..! I also added a new screenshot which is a little teaser of the outdoor area... Don't want to reveal everything just yet ;)

There is no doubt that this is going to be an enormous level!

Old Post 03-30-09 05:19 #
TheMionicDonut

Got a name for this guy yet?

Old Post 03-30-09 05:50 #
Nebula-Kristian

TheMionicDonut said:
Got a name for this guy yet?

Not yet, but I will come up with one eventually :)

Last edited by Nebula-Kristian on 03-31-09 at 10:19

Old Post 03-30-09 09:03 #
Butts

I am going to propose to you

...a name for the map.

Iblis' Lair
Gonorrhea Pustule
Boiling Blood
Citad-Hell (get it?)
Rapture

I don't know just throwing shit out there.

Old Post 03-31-09 04:16 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nebula-Kristian

Butts said:
I am going to propose to you

...a name for the map.

Iblis' Lair
Gonorrhea Pustule
Boiling Blood
Citad-Hell (get it?)
Rapture

I don't know just throwing shit out there.

Haha, :D I was thinking about Bloodlust but that's probably been used a million times already. :)

Old Post 03-31-09 10:20 #
darkreaver

I always tend to rip my map names from death and black metal song names :P

Like, the firt map I ever made is called "Infecting The Crypts", and the one Im working on now is called "Seeds of the Suffering".

edit: Looking good btw! Reminds me alot of the map Im currently working on :S

(ps: er du norsk? svensk? =) )

Old Post 04-18-09 22:00 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nebula-Kristian

darkreaver said:
I always tend to rip my map names from death and black metal song names :P

Like, the firt map I ever made is called "Infecting The Crypts", and the one Im working on now is called "Seeds of the Suffering".

edit: Looking good btw! Reminds me alot of the map Im currently working on :S

(ps: er du norsk? svensk? =) )

Ok, I always try to come up with the names myself instead. I'm actually finnish but I do speak swedish quite well. :)

Old Post 04-19-09 19:58 #
Nebula-Kristian

Still at 55% of progress.

I've had too much work and both dj- and live gigs in rave parties and will have work almost every evening for the rest of the month. I think I'll be able to continue in about 3 weeks or so when it all eases off for a while. Being signed as a belgian goa-trance label suntrip records label-dj in finland has brought me lots of gigs and bookings which really surprised me. :) But it doesn't mean that I'll quit on my doom projects, it just slows them down a bit. After I've completed my maps for both Whispers of Satan and CC4, I'll retire from doom-mapping. 13 years is plenty of dooming for a 26-year old :D better to quit at 50% :DD

I will probably map on some random maps if I get infected by the mapping bug though;)

Old Post 04-24-09 23:08 #
Nebula-Kristian

I'm just letting you know that I've continued to work on this again.. I will post some new screenshots in a few days :)

Old Post 05-24-09 11:02 #
Nebula-Kristian

Added links to 2 new screenshots to the first post of this thread. Progress now at 66%-ish. :)

Old Post 05-27-09 21:06 #
Butts

Yeah baby!

Old Post 06-01-09 06:21 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nebula-Kristian

Updatez. :) My map has now got a name: Reaper's Digest. Progress now at 90%, one new screenshot posted to the first post of this thread.

SPECS:
10623 Vertices
13753 Linedefs
24191 Sidedefs
1864 Sectors
636 Things

Estimated completion some time during next week :)

Old Post 06-18-09 18:37 #
pcorf

Nebula-Kristian said:
Updatez. :) My map has now got a name: Reaper's Digest. Progress now at 90%, one new screenshot posted to the first post of this thread.

SPECS:
10623 Vertices
13753 Linedefs
24191 Sidedefs
1864 Sectors
636 Things

Estimated completion some time during next week :)

Wow, that is such a tiny map.... NOT - At 100% it should be 15,472 lines.

Old Post 06-19-09 04:17 #
Nebula-Kristian

Map is now at 96% progress. Should be all done and ready for testing in 2 days.

At 100% it should be 15,472 lines.

It is already at 15,437 lines and is probably around 15,900 when done. :)

Old Post 07-07-09 22:45 #
Nebula-Kristian

I'm sorry but I have forgotten about the segs limit completely, and my map has gone over 32768 segs which means that it won't work in boom. I could reduce the map size but it would result in deleting a whole area which is needed to get the red skull key. It will dull out the map a bit but I can do it.

What do you guys think? I'd rather keep the map as it is so it wouldn't be shortened but the general opinion counts more here.

Old Post 07-08-09 16:40 #
TheMionicDonut

how far over are we talking?

Old Post 07-08-09 21:16 #
Nebula-Kristian

35804 segs at the moment, but it doesn't really matter how much more there is if boom will crash when it's over 32768 now does it? :/

I completely forgot about that and noticed it only after reading the rules again today after a long, long time. Too bad, because it seems I'll have to delete the area from which the red key is taken. It's basically a very dimly lit corridor where you have to find a switch to open the door to the red key. There will also be a megasphere to get you ready for the final fight before the exit.

EDIT: I just tried another nodes builder (the one that my old Deep97 has) and it reduced the segs to 32,138. So, I should be able to finish off the map and if it goes over that again I'll just delete some detail or something.

Old Post 07-08-09 21:23 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

It's very picky about self-referencing sectors (they have to have sector numbers higher than the solid sectors that surround them or else it'll give you bleeding flats), but there's a chance that ZenNode might be able to reduce your seg count even further if you run it with these options added: -n2 -nu -rf -bc

Old Post 07-08-09 22:58 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nebula-Kristian

Thanks for the tips! :) I've been fine-tuning the map and it's almost ready for testing with a seg count of 32,383. Just a few more tweaks and it's done. I'll send it to the beta-testers tomorrow.

Progress now@99,5%

Time for some well-deserved sleep now. :D

Old Post 07-09-09 00:28 #
pcorf

THIS IS ONE HUGE LEVEL!

Old Post 07-09-09 11:06 #
justanotherfool

Had a look at it and I have to say that it's an epic, epic map. It'll make a stellar addition to the chest for sure.

There are only a few minor things I need to mention.

First, there was a monster still alive at the end (according to the prboom-plus counter) but I couldn't find it. I was thinking it might be one of the monsters in the vicinity of the library with the plasma gun which had failed to teleport in. I don't think I missed a sniping monster on a ledge or anything like that, since I wandered through the level a couple of times and saw and heard nothing (none of the secrets had monsters that couldn't be killed from elsewhere). I'm not sure what makes the archvile in the library room appear, but the first time I played the map it appeared pretty much as soon as I'd taken the plasma gun. The second time round (after dying in one of the fiendish traps :P) it didn't show up until I had gone somewhere else and came back.

Second, I feel that the secret with the rockets just beyond the massive outdoor area (which is great) is perhaps a little bit too hard to find.

That's all. I'm really looking forward to WoS now, by the way... :P

Old Post 07-11-09 00:05 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote