Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > cc4 map06 Anchorite
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Use3D
Forum Legend

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5875/screenshotdoom201102122.th.png

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5875/screenshotdoom201102122.th.png

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5875/screenshotdoom201102122.th.png

A few more black screenshots. Don't worry, the monotony breaks up later...well I guess it gets more green. :)

Old Post 02-13-11 03:22 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Sweet. I really like the rusty color scheme going on, especially in the second shot.

In the third shot, I'd maybe replace the vertically-tiled brown metal rivet trim on the floor with something else, as it's currently repeating three times in a row between the trim and the railing immediately above it.

Old Post 02-13-11 03:46 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Cool pics!
Looks a little hellish for an early map, but one thing I like about community projects is the thematic inconsistency (which only works well in community projects).
In the second shot, the floor flats used look a little strange next to each other. Maybe add borders?

Old Post 02-13-11 04:27 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
purpleyoshi13

Wow, those screenshots look pretty cool! the second shot actually gives the feel as if your in an old castle from the medieval age. the third pic makes it feel as if you're out of the castle, but not being in the open. really love the effects. I only have two words for this map: Darkish Epic!

Old Post 02-13-11 13:34 #
purpleyoshi13 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm still certain the map only needs a few months of work, it's just a matter of sitting down and getting it done.

Processingcontrol said:

In the second shot, the floor flats used look a little strange next to each other. Maybe add borders?

That flat is actually the top of a wall that has lowered.

esselfortium said:

In the third shot, I'd maybe replace the vertically-tiled brown metal rivet trim on the floor with something else, as it's currently repeating three times in a row between the trim and the railing immediately above it.

I see what you mean, but I like the way the rivets continue from the adjacent wooden texture. Maybe I can find/make a better bars texture without rivets. Oh dear, look at the time...

Old Post 02-14-11 17:32 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Khorus
Strife!

Mm, I like shot 3. Looking forward to another Use3D map. :)

Old Post 02-14-11 17:52 #
Khorus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote