Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Map 25: The Killing Road

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bloodskull
Reputation is a bubble which a man bursts when he tries to blow it for himself.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the DooM community I have returned. *insert spooky music* Anyways I've started work on "The Killing Road" inspired after the Megadeth song itself along with various other music artists and songs. This map will contain a tri-theme atmosphere(Tech, Cave, Outdoors) to it and will be the largest map I have created to date. I won't be providing as many screenshots as I'd like to keep this on the low down but I can provide one for now.

Also Progress = 5%

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f...89/DOOM0008.png

Old Post 09-03-08 03:52 #
Bloodskull is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

megadeth immediately popped into my mind when i saw the title. hope it turns into a slaughtermap holy crap im freakin juiced right now i wanna punch something.

Old Post 09-03-08 05:47 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Alright, looking forward to what you've got in store.

Old Post 09-03-08 07:35 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodskull

Update #1.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f...89/DOOM0017.png

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f...89/DOOM0019.png

Will get something very screen worthy ready tomorrow. Enjoy.

Old Post 09-05-08 06:08 #
Bloodskull is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Marine
took his ball and went home

The outside environment calls for dramatic height variations, more than what's shown on screen 1 and 3.

Old Post 09-05-08 07:17 #
Doom Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Christoph

Screen 3 looks awesome with the surrounding details. Kinda reminds me of Suspended in Dusk...

Old Post 09-05-08 10:55 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodskull

Doom Marine said:
The outside environment calls for dramatic height variations, more than what's shown on screen 1 and 3.

I was gonna go back and make the cliffs a bit larger and such.

Old Post 09-05-08 16:58 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Bloodskull said:

I was gonna go back and make the cliffs a bit larger and such.

I have a feeling he was referring to the currently-flat playable area needing height variation, not the rocky walls surrounding it.

Old Post 09-05-08 16:59 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodskull

esselfortium said:

I have a feeling he was referring to the currently-flat playable area needing height variation, not the rocky walls surrounding it.

If we could use zdoom I'd be all for adding terrain with variation all over the map, but because the project's using boom I COULD try to imitate something of that sort. I'm really not even done with the outdoor area and plan to touch it back up before final release. So far I've got the indoor cavern area going.

Old Post 09-05-08 21:12 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Bloodskull said:

If we could use zdoom I'd be all for adding terrain with variation all over the map, but because the project's using boom I COULD try to imitate something of that sort. I'm really not even done with the outdoor area and plan to touch it back up before final release. So far I've got the indoor cavern area going.

"Height variation" does not mean "add slopes", it means height variation. Like, the kind that affects gameplay. :P

And you can make awesome-looking terrain without slopes if you make good use of curved shapes, layers, and a bit of perspective trickery where possible.

Old Post 09-05-08 23:54 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Bloodskull said:

If we could use zdoom...

We'd have 32 maps of nonsense!

Old Post 09-06-08 00:24 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death-Destiny
Forum Regular

Bloodskull said:
If we could use zdoom

ZPack!!!

Old Post 09-06-08 01:59 #
Death-Destiny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Marine

Bloodskull said:
If we could use zdoom
then global warming and buttsecks will cease!

Old Post 09-06-08 07:29 #
Doom Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Marine

esselfortium said:

The current-flat playable area AND the rocky walls surrounding it needs to be more dramatic. It'll feel better trust me.

Old Post 09-06-08 19:15 #