Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > I am out

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

Lacking time and interest to continue. Map30 is now up for grabs. I am sure anyone here can do better than what I was about to do.

Old Post 11-07-08 19:23 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

D:

That is too bad. I am pretty sure a map coming from you would have turned out pretty good, but that happens sometimes.

Old Post 11-07-08 20:23 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

http://sl4.poned.com/emot/emot-ohdear.png

Old Post 11-07-08 21:12 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

The first domino falls.

Old Post 11-07-08 22:11 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Sorry to hear this, but its to be expected that some will drop out. Happend to me with CC 3. Someone will fill the slot in. Again I hate to see people leave, but it does happen.

Old Post 11-08-08 03:28 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Kaiser said:
Lacking time and interest to continue. Map30 is now up for grabs. I am sure anyone here can do better than what I was about to do.
That's really odd. Even you, who has made many megawads or just wads, with many stuff, for every possible idgame, plus a rather full Doom64 port and a well-functioning SvStrife port too? You suddenly have no more time and interest? Though, well, I appreciate that you move on.

EDIT: I hope MAP30 will have an "Icon of Sin" boss, as it is normal to be.

Old Post 11-08-08 16:53 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dr. Zin

Peoples lives and priorities change over time.

Also, I hope MAP30 does NOT have an Icon of Sin, as that feature is so over used and utterly boring. Hell, if I wasn't already doing slot 26 I'd take 30 just to make sure there is no Icon.

Old Post 11-08-08 17:11 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Dr. Zin said:
Also, I hope MAP30 does NOT have an Icon of Sin, as that feature is so over used and utterly boring. Hell, if I wasn't already doing slot 26 I'd take 30 just to make sure there is no Icon.
*Popping in before esselfortium gets a chance to stab my post*
Yes, but there HAS to be something special. I yet have to play all megawads to know of all the creative ways of placing Icons. Although large (ie ultimate) monster ambushes under imposing backgrounds could work, too. But I just like how that set of 9 textures looks ingame and the "monster" should get a symbolic purpose in MAP30, if nothing else.

Old Post 11-08-08 20:31 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

It could be kind of interesting to create a new boss monster with BEX that used the frames from the SS Nazi, Commander Keen, Boss Brain, and Spawn Cubes.

Heck, you could possibly even do something that moves around and fires spawn-cubes at the designated spawn spots along with firing some regular monster projectiles at the player. If done well, it'd be a cool new twist on the classic map30 boss.

Old Post 11-08-08 20:42 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Dr. Zin said:

Both my megawads have the Icon on map 29 ;)

Old Post 11-08-08 23:39 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Not Jabba

printz said:
But I just like how that set of 9 textures looks ingame and the "monster" should get a symbolic purpose in MAP30, if nothing else. [/B]

It might be really cool to have a "dead" Baphomet (dead before the player gets there)--ie the brain texture is empty, and maybe the rest is edited to look a little decayed.

Old Post 11-09-08 06:13 #
Not Jabba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joshy

Not Jabba said:

It might be really cool to have a "dead" Baphomet (dead before the player gets there)--ie the brain texture is empty, and maybe the rest is edited to look a little decayed.

This is pretty much similar to one of the ideas I'm having at the moment with my Map (30), I might alter the colours and textures of the Icon of Sin textures or something else.

The traditional get-on-lift-to-shoot-rockets-in-brain icon of sin always had irritated me, I am going to try and make this different, perhaps non-linear portals leading to the same end place, or a search for the rocket launcher to be able to kill the icon of sin, just something different.

Kaiser's a great mapper, he would have done a great map 30. So, I am going to try my best to be original and creative with this opportunity. Hope it won't disappoint! ;)

Old Post 11-09-08 06:58 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

printz said:
That's really odd. Even you, who has made many megawads or just wads, with many stuff, for every possible idgame, plus a rather full Doom64 port and a well-functioning SvStrife port too? You suddenly have no more time and interest? Though, well, I appreciate that you move on.

Its not always as easy to pump stuff out like I used to.. Thats just the way life rolls.

Old Post 11-09-08 18:52 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

Icon of Sins are boring IMO. I really hope there's something different on CC4.

Old Post 11-18-08 22:02 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lich

I have the Heretic Treasure Chest E5M6 level to finish yet. But I'd like to be involved for CC4, although not simultaneously with this... If anyone can give me an indication of an actual deadline for this, that would be great. At any rate, if this slot is open after I finish this Heretic map, I'll do MAP30.

Old Post 11-21-08 07:03 #
Lich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

Lich said:
I have the Heretic Treasure Chest E5M6 level to finish yet. But I'd like to be involved for CC4, although not simultaneously with this... If anyone can give me an indication of an actual deadline for this, that would be great. At any rate, if this slot is open after I finish this Heretic map, I'll do MAP30.

The map30 slot has already been taken by Joshy. There's a thread for it around here.

Old Post 11-21-08 07:13 #
Lich

esselfortium said:

The map30 slot has already been taken by Joshy. There's a thread for it around here.

Whoop! Nevermind. I need to lurk more.

Old Post 11-21-08 14:25 #
Lich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote