Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 2 (Next Status Check: Dec. 1 2010)
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

WARNING: This thread is retired! Use the third thread instead!
NEXT DUE DATE: January 1, 2011 (This is necessary because I can't change the thread title anymore.)

This is a new status check thread, so I don't have to edit somebody else's post to update it every time, and with different rules. The rules of this thread are as follows:

On the first of every month, starting with December, I will check the status of the maps in this project. That is, I will check how long it has been since the person has last made a post in their map's progress thread, the previous status check thread, and this current one. If a person has provided a status update within the past month, they will be marked with a #. As long as I know that they're at least working on their map, it will work. If they have not not, they will be marked with a @. If a person accrues two @'s, they will be PMed and e-mailed (if possible.) If they get three @'s, they will be PMed and e-mailed again. If they get four @'s, they will be kicked out of the project.

Procrastination will not be tolerated.

Here is the current list of participants in this project, listed by their Doomworld handles. People who have already submitted their maps will have bolded names.

- Level Designers -
- Group 1 (MAP01-11): -
stewboy
Phobus
dutch devil
Alice Jameson
Capellan
Phobus
[WH]-Wilou84
Cristoph / Joshy
Jimmy91, detailed by Mechadon #
Use3d #
Kirby @
MAP07: Mr. Freeze @

- Group 2 (MAP12-20): -
glaber
Aleaver
Joshy
lupinx-Kassman
MAP15: Lord_Z
The Green Herring #
Pottus @@@
Nameless #
printz #
pcorf #

- Group 3 (MAP21-32): -
Shadow Dweller
Nebula-Kristian
[WH]-Wilou84
The Ultimate DooMer
pcorf
Torn
MAP30: Joshy
MAP32: edoanimus
darkreaver #
lupinx-Kassman #
Processingcontrol #
MAP31: stewboy #

Beta-Testing Team:
  1. justanotherfool #
  2. Anima Zero #
  3. RjY @
  4. phlum #
  5. [WH]-Wilou84 #
  6. Qaatar #
  7. st.alfonzo #
  8. azureace #
  9. Hirogen2 #
  10. (vacant)

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 01-01-11 at 23:09

Old Post 11-27-08 05:11 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I will start by saying that my MAP14 is still in progress. I'm not sure of the exact percentage, but I at least have the layouts of all the buildings you find the keys in done. I have yet to start on the second part of the level. College and other stuff has kept me from working on it much, but I will assure you that the level has not been forgotten, and never will be.

If more of the level becomes presentable, I will post more screenshots in my progress thread.

Old Post 11-27-08 05:13 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nebula-Kristian

MAP24 is currently at 30%. I have about 75% of it pictured in my mind and need only to work on it. This will happen during the next month. :) My music & work has kept me from working on it but I will definitely continue working on it. :)

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Old Post 11-27-08 08:21 #
Nebula-Kristian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

Glaber Base 6 is almost ready for submition and is currently being tested. Again.

By the way, can you add the list of beta testers?

Old Post 11-27-08 15:34 #
glaber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

glaber said:

By the way, can you add the list of beta testers?

Outside beta testers are in a transition phase right now, the previous group has not made any effort to stay on top of testing finished maps. For now cc4 team members would be happy to test any maps.

Old Post 11-27-08 15:38 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

@TGH: Whoa, I didn't realise I was expected to give the finished maps another look over at this stage. My apologies.

I don't actually have the maps in their finished states, but if you would be willing to send them to me, I'd be happy to give them another look over. It would be useful to have some sort of idea of what I should be looking for that might have escaped my notice the first time.

I was checking my private messages and one of the messages mentioned that beta reports should be sent to your email, while I've been posting all my feedback in the relevant threads. Perhaps some clarification about what exactly I'm expected to do would be useful, since it seems I have been neglecting my duties.

@glaber: I'm sorry about the delay. I will try to look at your map later this evening and get back to you soon.

Old Post 11-27-08 17:18 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

You need to send beta reports to the designers of the levels you play on, and posting beta reports in threads is okay for this purpose, but you need to send them to me as well. That way, in case you were not posting them in the threads, I would still know that you're doing your job.

You and Anima Zero are not in danger of being kicked off due to inactivity, but Coldfusio, Nancy and Lizardcommando are. I think Lizardcommando mentioned not being able to be active due to school, anyhow, but I'm not sure.

Also, I don't remember mentioning anything about having to give the finished maps another lookover, but I could send you and the other beta testers the levels I've received in a single wad, complete with the level title graphics I made for them. If you would like to do that, I'm okay with it.

Old Post 11-27-08 19:29 #
justanotherfool

Ah. My response was pretty much prompted by Use3D's comment above, since he sounded like he knew something that I didn't, but he must have been referring to the inactive testers.

Good to know that I've been doing pretty much what I was supposed to so far.

I don't particularly feel the need to go over the finished maps at least until most of the maps are done, so I guess there's no need for you to send me anything at the moment.

Thanks for the clarification, TGH.

Old Post 11-27-08 23:21 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Im pretty sure one of the testers left or something like that. May i recommend getting some new testers before the levels start pouring in?

Old Post 11-28-08 05:06 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nuxius
Forum Regular

TheMionicDonut said:
Im pretty sure one of the testers left or something like that. May i recommend getting some new testers before the levels start pouring in?
Not that I know of, unless you count this as a leaving post:

Lizardcommando said:
Hey guys, I'm not gonna be able to have time to test maps soon since school's coming up soon. Sorry.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...3307#post733307

It's a bit vague in that effect, so I'm not sure.

Scorpion's/Nancy's last post for CC4 was betatesting TheMionicDonut's map.

As for Coldfusio, his last post for CC4 was made back in June, where he stated what he wanted to be credited under.

Anyway, this is just a post for the curious BTW, I'm not implying anyone should do anything to anybody. :p So yeah. ;)

Old Post 11-28-08 07:31 #
Nuxius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

Do we have the other Beta testers still? I'd like to know before I make some more changes to my map.

Old Post 12-02-08 00:21 #
glaber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Hey, today is December 1st!

Map01 is the same.
Map31 is still getting redone (textures) I intend to have some more screenshots up before the year is out.

Old Post 12-02-08 00:34 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

The first status check has been performed. The next status check will be done on January 1, 2009, and will count status updates provided this month. Please check the list and provide a status update if you haven't already.

If I missed any November status updates in this forum, let me know.

Last edited by The Green Herring on 12-02-08 at 01:11

Old Post 12-02-08 01:03 #
lupinx-Kassman

Im still in. My map is at about 44%. Finals are coming up, so I am a bit crunched. =P

Old Post 12-02-08 06:20 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

MAP04 is going fine. Won't need to do too much work to it to get the basic layout done, although I'm concerned with the amount of measures I may have to take when I get to the "prettying up" stage. :( Quite a few areas need vast improvement in the detail department.

Old Post 12-02-08 19:56 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dreadopp

I am getting there...slowly. I haven't had much time to myself lately, but I hope that will change once the Christmas holidays come. When they do, I won't have to worry so much about my math mark and I can once again concentrate on my map.

Old Post 12-02-08 21:29 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Jimmy91 said:
I'm concerned with the amount of measures I may have to take when I get to the "prettying up" stage. :( Quite a few areas need vast improvement in the detail department.

Don't stress out about it, fun is the priority.

Old Post 12-03-08 00:45 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

@ ~ 35 %

Old Post 12-03-08 01:25 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

i will just status update because i want to keep a not @ and a #.

uhh... layout is almost complete really, probably like 80%, but overall im like 40% done.

Old Post 12-04-08 06:51 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Hey, sorry, I've been around, dabbling on the map whenever I can, but I've been busy with school and social life and whatnot. But I'm still plugging along.

Old Post 12-04-08 19:22 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

no progress due to waiting on non responsive testers. justanotherfool has been a great tester so far and I will be applying some of his suggestions.

Old Post 01-01-09 20:56 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

The status list has been updated. Only six mappers have missed two status checks in succession: Creaphis, Cadman, Kirby, Patrick Pineda, PirateNipple, and The Ultimate DooMer. PMs and e-mails (when possible) have been sent to notify them of this.

The next status check deadline is Feb. 1, 2009.

Old Post 01-01-09 21:23 #
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Progressing slooooooowly. But I just got DB2 - hopefully that will speed things up. Or impede them. One of the two.

Old Post 01-01-09 23:32 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Morpheus

Probably it will slow them down, considering that DB2 is not finished yet (though the latest release was pretty stable and editing-wise).

Old Post 01-01-09 23:39 #
Morpheus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Oh jeez, right, this. I have the concept and some layout, and hope to make some actual progress soon.

Old Post 01-02-09 02:06 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
master lockwolf
Green Marine

working slowly at awesome.

Old Post 01-02-09 03:14 #
master lockwolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

Whoops, haven't even noticed this until I received the email :o

I'm at about 10%, but still working diligently. You can continue to count my map in for this project :D

Old Post 01-02-09 05:33 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

I think we may need to get some new testers as JAF is the only active one left.

Old Post 01-02-09 07:07 #
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Which is probably why I have two @@'s...my map is still awaiting beta test from the peeps I sent it to.

Old Post 01-02-09 13:50 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

status is good here. i refuse to acquire @'s.

Old Post 01-03-09 06:24 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote