Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 2 (Next Status Check: Dec. 1 2010)
Pages (14): « First ... « 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kirby

I'm nearing completion on my map. I'll post screens and plans on beta testing this week.

Old Post 05-01-10 09:07 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Still around, just have been really busy this last month. Should have some open time to test maps though coming up.

Old Post 05-01-10 16:19 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

Yeah, I`m still here. I have sent a beta to the testers a while ago.

The map isnt finished though.

Old Post 05-01-10 18:05 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today's status check has resulted in one casualty: Dr. Zin has been dumped for missing four status checks in a row. He has been PMed and e-mailed about this.

Talvi and Nuxius are on the "chopping block" this time, as they have missed three status checks in a row. If they don't report on their status by June 1, they will be dropped from the project. They have been PMed and e-mailed about this.

Meanwhile, four people have missed two checks. Out of the mappers in this project, only one of them, Pottus, has done this. The other three are all in the playtesting team: RjY, Alice Jameson, and ClonedPickle. It's really not that hard to report your status in that role; all you have to do is let me know if you're still around and ready to playtest. Most of all, though, please send me any playtesting reports you've made, and not just to the authors, so I know you're doing your job. All parties have been PMed and (when possible) e-mailed about this.

Multiple others have missed one status check, and should check the list and report as soon as possible.

Super Jamie, having returned from his trip to Europe, is now available for playtesting, and thus is no longer exempt from status checks.

Let's get moving, people!

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 05-01-10 21:28 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alice Jameson
Mini-Member

Sorry that I've missed the last few status checks. I'm still here and willing to test and stuffs.

Old Post 05-01-10 21:55 #
Alice Jameson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MajorRawne

If there are any more vacancies for playtesters I'd like to put my name down; I can be really nitpicky (hopefully in a good way) and hopefully I can pick up some mapbuilding tips in the process :)

Old Post 05-02-10 17:04 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

Ah, I've done some work on Technoprisons (I'd say 90% now), it should be finished within several weeks, provided I can find some time in between my uni work.

Also, my Map30 Ragnorak map has had modifications done, removing the thin ledges lift switches part and replacing it with land and different monsters. Surroundings have been improved. Will send it combined with Techprisons.

And I've volunteered to finish off Christoph's The Grotto map, hopefully I can finish it in time for it to be included in the project. See what happens.

Old Post 05-03-10 17:03 #
Joshy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SevenYearItch
Mini-Member

I cannot wait for such a project to be finished. I need to start studying this map building stuff. I'm ridiculously nasty at the game using default keys, but when it comes to understanding how to build maps.. not a damn thing -_-

Old Post 05-08-10 08:05 #
SevenYearItch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

I've just recieved the second of two good reports from [WH]-Wilou84 on my maps - I think he's probably given me one or two small alterations to make - so I'll address those shortly (this evening or tomorrow) and resend, again, to TGH. With luck the testers have rooted out all of the problems now :)

EDIT: Sent to the usual e-mails. Hopefully that's me 101% finished now.

Last edited by Phobus on 05-16-10 at 14:23

Old Post 05-15-10 14:18 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

I joined this project firstly because I'd done CC2 and CC3 and I wanted to continue contributing. But more importantly I joined because I had wanted to help avert the then-recent tendency for large Boom projects to be released full of bugs and ZDoomisms. CC2's map24 was infamously broken, there were a large number of small issues with CC3, not to mention other high-profile projects released with abundant evidence of insufficient testing. I felt I could help do something about this.

What I naively didn't expect was having to test maps that weren't complete in the eyes of their author, and to have to comment on gameplay issues. Bugs are easy - the map is either broken or it isn't. Gameplay issues, such as if a map is too hard or complex or confusing, are a lot more subjective, and I don't feel qualified at all to comment on them. Especially these days, when it's obvious to me both that my tastes and gameplay preferences are very much at odds with the current trends and fashions of modern mapping, and that the skill level of even the average modern player is significantly greater than my own!

It's thus been the case that my last few test reports have been very much "phoned in" - if written at all - and I haven't enjoyed writing them. At this point, my recent activity level on the project has been almost zero, and I don't feel I'm doing a proper job.

I'm not really sure how to continue at this point. I still believe that I have some contribution to make as a bug squasher; yet, in the past couple of years the level of awareness of engine interoperability issues in the community has greatly improved, and several such people are on the CC4 team already and they clearly put a lot more effort into their test reports than I do! So, it might be that it would just be better to step aside and give my testing slot to someone less jaded and more enthusiastic.

That was difficult to write, but since I think I will soon be kicked out for inactivity anyway, I figured I had better share. Thank you for reading.

Old Post 05-31-10 15:56 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Still around, still apparently found ways to be really busy this last month. Will get around to testing stuff this month though.

Old Post 06-01-10 13:15 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today, two mappers have been dropped from the project for inactivity: Talvi and Nuxius. They have been PMed and (when applicable) e-mailed. On the verge of being dropped is ClonedPickle, who has not only missed three status checks, but has never sent me a playtesting report since he joined. He has been warned about this via PM, as he does not allow other forum users to see his e-mail address. No designers, however, are as in danger as he is.

Other contributors have missed two status checks. They are Jimmy91, Mr. Freeze, Capellan, and justanotherfool. They have also been warned via PM and e-mail (when they actually allow people to see their e-mail addresses, anyway.)

Other people have missed a single status check; they should check the list and let us know about their status as soon as possible.

Game on!

Old Post 06-01-10 21:37 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Whoops, guess I should've checked here more often. :/

Anyway, good news - Mechadon HAS made significant progress on my map, but he's a little tied up in RL at the moment, as I understand it. I hope to see some more progress from him in the near future, as soon as he's sorted out what he needs to. :>

Old Post 06-02-10 00:43 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

My map is still finished, but I have received no messages from any beta testers.

Old Post 06-02-10 02:55 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Mr. Freeze said:
My map is still finished, but I have received no messages from any beta testers.

Please send it to me and I'll try to provide some feedback.

Old Post 06-02-10 11:00 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

Mr. Freeze said:
Ive only received feedback from both wilou and super Jamie. Nothing from others. My uni semester is nearly over so after that, I should have sufficient time to complete bugfixing and some other changes. Will also attempt to finish off chrstophs incomplete grotto map for this project.

Old Post 06-02-10 13:36 #
Joshy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

I've been getting lots of feedback, so my theory is that they're working through the maps in numerical order of map number (I'm currently 03 and 10 afterall). I'd just like to register my approval of the feedback of gotten so far here and would encourage any other testers to pay more attention to the maps of others before mine, simply because a lot of points have been raised multiple times now and have been addressed.

Old Post 06-05-10 23:28 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

My map is just under 1,000 linedefs and looking good. I have a few ideas.

Old Post 06-06-10 04:50 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

The Green Herring said:
Today, two mappers have been dropped from the project for inactivity: Talvi and Nuxius. They have been PMed and (when applicable) e-mailed. On the verge of being dropped is ClonedPickle, who has not only missed three status checks, but has never sent me a playtesting report since he joined. He has been warned about this via PM, as he does not allow other forum users to see his e-mail address. No designers, however, are as in danger as he is.

Other contributors have missed two status checks. They are Jimmy91, Mr. Freeze, Capellan, and justanotherfool. They have also been warned via PM and e-mail (when they actually allow people to see their e-mail addresses, anyway.)

Other people have missed a single status check; they should check the list and let us know about their status as soon as possible.

Game on!

justanotherfool (extremely belatedly) checking in.

I should like to apologise to all of the mappers who have sent me their stuff and not received a response over the past months.

I recently had to withdraw from my university course due to depression and burn-out, and I'm currently recuperating at home and trying to recover to the extent that I can return to my studies in September (with the help of therapists and anti-depressants naturally).

I now feel able to resume testing and I'll try to deliver feedback to some mappers by the end of the week.

Old Post 06-15-10 04:15 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

I've received feedback from Super Jamie ( thanks again ), and thus I need to fix some extra stuff in my maps again. They will be sent as soon as possible, surely by the end of June.

Nice to see you back, justanotherfool. Take it easy.

Old Post 06-16-10 12:22 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Checking in, the usual, etc etc etc.

Old Post 07-01-10 13:01 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today, for failing to report on his status today, and for the reasons specified in my earlier post, ClonedPickle has been dropped from the project. He has been informed of this via PM.

On the chopping block this time is Capellan. Where has he been, anyway? He hasn't made a single post on these forums since March! Please let me know! He has been warned via PM and e-mail.

Kirby, phlum, and hellbat182 have missed two status checks. The last two have not made a single post since they signed up -- in April! hellbat182 sent me an e-mail once I gave him the alpha (as is my custom for new testers) informing me that he would "get back to [me] tomorrow with a full fledged report"... and then nothing. All three of them have been warned in the same manner.

Others have missed just one status check. In spite of this, they should take a look at the list and check in as soon as possible.

Carry on!

Old Post 07-01-10 17:07 #
pcorf

Vulcana II is looking pretty good. Close to 4,000 lines and about 50% complete.

Old Post 07-02-10 04:34 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hellbat182

Still around here, hows the project comin along?

Old Post 07-04-10 09:32 #
hellbat182 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

Still alive and kicking.

Old Post 07-04-10 21:33 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

I imagine the map hes already completed will stay in, right?

Old Post 07-05-10 00:20 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Capellan's? Of course! It will remain in the project, even if I end up having to bump him off for inactivity in regards to his second map. The same goes for anyone who has a completed map in the roster and suffers a similar fate.

Old Post 07-05-10 00:45 #
Kirby

I'll have to post you guys some updates later. I'm currently working on recovery so I can't say whether I'll finish or not. That wad is one of my top file priorities though, so hopefully I can get back to it :/

Old Post 07-06-10 23:58 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

Still here. Testing is going slowly, but I'm getting there.

I plan to have a look at Joshy's updated "Ragnarok" soon, and there was another map that was updated that I was hoping to check out (Shadow Dweller's map?) but I don't think I have the latest copy.

Apart from that still got a few maps from valkiriforce and others to look at, and I expect a few more may be ready for testing before long.

Old Post 07-07-10 01:54 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
phlum
Warming Up

Playtesting is fine here. Sorry for not replying... >.<

Please take me off the mappers list. I'll continue playtesting, though.

Old Post 07-09-10 19:06 #
phlum is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote