Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 2 (Next Status Check: Dec. 1 2010)
Pages (14): « First ... « 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:46. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
[WH]-Wilou84

Phobus said:
[...]I don't think I should try for a third map or anything - thats not what this project is about.

Imho you actually should, seeing the current state of this project with so many people dropping out. Pretty please :)

As for me, I'm too busy with other stuff to consider making a third map now, but maybe I'll do so in a few months, depending on how things evolve here.

Come on people :p

Old Post 09-26-10 13:13 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

[WH]-Wilou84 said:

Imho you actually should, seeing the current state of this project with so many people dropping out. Pretty please :)

As for me, I'm too busy with other stuff to consider making a third map now, but maybe I'll do so in a few months, depending on how things evolve here.

Come on people :p

Yes, more maps are desperately needed. Maybe we should go beg pcorf for some in the pcorf community project thread :P. It sounds as though he'll soon have more than 32.

Regarding my status, I'm still around, though I've yet to even look at darkreaver's map, a sorry state of affairs which will not long continue, I hope.

Got Joshy's and Christoph's map to look at again, should be interesting.

Old Post 09-26-10 13:35 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

justanotherfool said:

Yes, more maps are desperately needed. Maybe we should go beg pcorf for some in the pcorf community project thread :P. It sounds as though he'll soon have more than 32.

Regarding my status, I'm still around, though I've yet to even look at darkreaver's map, a sorry state of affairs which will not long continue, I hope.

Got Joshy's and Christoph's map to look at again, should be interesting.

But I'm not sure if the overflow maps in my project are going to be good enough for cchest4.wad. Maybe we can can get somebody to detail the overflow maps with cchest4 textures, etc. We'll wait until the project is finished.

I'm thinking about making another map myself for cchest4, just thinking about it.

Old Post 09-26-10 14:48 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Twinzen
Mini-Member

I'd rather wait a little longer for CC4 to be released than fill it up with half assed maps. Let's try to keep the evolution we've had in the CC wads. CC1 was ok, CC2 was good and CC3 was great. Let's make CC4 greater! :)

Old Post 09-26-10 16:01 #
Twinzen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

I don't think the point of the community chest 4 project was to be a cauldron of 'only maps that are good'. I think even the lower standards should be welcomed and improved upon, hence my somewhat rash and inaccurate use of the term 'filler maps'. It is a community wad after all and I think expectations of this project is making people try too hard, if not intimidating, to the point where it is just not fun to do so.

Old Post 09-27-10 14:45 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Well, I'll think about it, if my university timetable and real life leave me with a bit of space that could be filled with mapping, then I'll probably make a map at some point, and it may end up going this way rather than into my personal projects or anything.

Old Post 09-27-10 15:56 #
Phobus is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Development stalled due to having to use Doom Builder 1 which crashes a lot on CC4-TEX. Next month I'll finally have access to Doom Builder 2 but also real life will wake up. I'm keeping my teeth clenched on my slot though.

Old Post 09-27-10 16:08 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

printz said:
Development stalled due to having to use Doom Builder 1 which crashes a lot on CC4-TEX.

Works fine here, with Doom Builder 1.68.

Old Post 09-27-10 16:21 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nameless
Mini-Member

I drifted into the void. I'm still alive.

Old Post 09-29-10 23:13 #
Nameless is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Checking in here while I'm lounging around on the comp tonight.

Old Post 10-01-10 01:00 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Still here. Got the latest works of both Shadow Dweller and Joshy, hopefully I can reply to them ASAP.

Old Post 10-01-10 21:01 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today, another one bites the dust: Alice Jameson has been booted from the playtesting team for failing to report in for four consecutive months. For that matter, she hasn't posted on Doomworld since May! She has been PMed and e-mailed about this.

Also in danger are TheMionicDonut and suicidal pencil. Neither one has reported in for three months in a row. They must do so, or else they will be dropped from the project. They have been PMed and e-mailed about this as well.

Mr. Freeze, phlum, and hellbat182 have each been warned for failing to post a status check twice in a row. They have been PMed and e-mailed, and should report in ASAP.

Either way, everyone must check the list and report their status. For that matter, you need to start finishing your maps! This has been going on for way too long (for reasons beyond my control) and it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 10-01-10 22:00 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

The Green Herring said:

Also in danger are TheMionicDonut

What do we do with people having their maps virtually complete?

Old Post 10-01-10 23:07 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

Still here, still alive, working on and off when I get the chance. Will get my ass moving on this once my new hard drive shows up and then I can work from my room

Old Post 10-03-10 20:04 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

Waiting on the beta testers to report back...

...any time now...

Old Post 10-04-10 14:47 #
Mr. Freeze is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

Mr. Freeze said:
...any time now...
Hesoos Christe, still nothing? Send it off to me now and i'll have a report scratched up by the end of the day. No, I promise! For serious!

Old Post 10-04-10 15:02 #
Alfonzo is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Same here, didn't get anything from you yet Mr. Freeze. I'll try to reply to the others by the next 2 days.

Old Post 10-04-10 15:21 #
phlum
Warming Up

Still playtesting.

Old Post 10-09-10 22:33 #
phlum is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
Same here, didn't get anything from you yet Mr. Freeze. I'll try to reply to the others by the next 2 days.

I didn't get a copy either. Some of the playtesters have been inactive for a while, so if you want quick responses it's best to send to every tester.

Old Post 10-10-10 00:09 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Checking in while getting stuff setup for Halloween at home tonight. Feel free to send me any maps that need testing yet (Best chance of that is via PMs on here as I check the site everyday at least).

Old Post 10-31-10 22:32 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Alive and kicking.
Mr. Freeze, you can still send us your map if you want to :)

Old Post 11-01-10 14:11 #
Torn
google is your master

Hey guys. Kassman fixed the bugs with my map28. I can post the map tomorrow. :)

Old Post 11-01-10 21:06 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nameless
Mini-Member

Map's comming along nicely.

Old Post 11-01-10 21:53 #
Nameless is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today, two people have been thrown off the roster for missing four status checks in a row: TheMionicDonut and suicidal pencil. The former has not posted since August, and the latter has not posted since July. Both have been PMed and e-mailed about this.

Meanwhile, hellbat182 is in danger of being dropped for missing three checks in a row. His last post was in July, too. He must respond by December 1, or he will be thrown off the playtesting team. He has been PMed and e-mailed about this.

Pottus has missed two consecutive status checks, and should report in ASAP; he has been PMed and e-mailed about this as well. Two other people have missed one status check; please check the list and inform us about the status of your map!

Let's get to work, people!

Old Post 11-02-10 01:53 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stewboy

Ooh forgot about this.
My map is about 75% done, I'd say. Layout is completed, monsters and items etc halfway done.

Old Post 11-02-10 02:16 #
stewboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Hey. Yeah I will post it here.

Get the finished map here

The map is fixed and has got somet things added by kassman, thanks!

Old Post 11-02-10 20:34 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Uh, you might want to sign up again first. ;)

Old Post 11-02-10 20:48 #
Qaatar

Been really busy lately, but just playtested Wilou's new map 01, and it's awesome.

Anyways, just checking in.

Old Post 11-04-10 19:21 #
Qaatar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

Checking in.

Will have another look at Torn's map soon. I've already looked at WH-Wilou's latest map and there isn't really anything that needs to be improved or changed there in my opinion, it's basically perfect as a frenetic little map for early in the megawad.

Old Post 11-05-10 02:44 #
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Might as well check in now while I'm here. Just took a look at WH-Wilou's level myself just now. Will check out Torn's map later today or tomorrow morning.

Old Post 11-05-10 16:11 #