Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 2 (Next Status Check: Dec. 1 2010)
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
scorpion

Scorpion checking in. Still alive, looking, and waiting for something to test. If I'm early, it's because it's already March 1st here.

Creaphis said:

You're about halfway there. But hey, with good behaviour, you might be off the hook by June.

I guess I'll just wait for my next parole hearing, then.

I am user #666 on this board. Fear me.

telnet://scorp.us.to

Old Post 02-28-09 23:45 #
scorpion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

Yeah, there's not been much for the testing team to do this month, so I haven't done it.

Old Post 03-01-09 00:47 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy

I might be able to get my map done within this month. Just have to wait and see.

Old Post 03-01-09 01:04 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dreadopp

I haven't really gotten too much further on my part. I should be able to do some major additions over March Break though.

Old Post 03-01-09 01:18 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

I've been working on the suggestions made in the results I got back from the beta testers.

Old Post 03-01-09 21:21 #
glaber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Thought I forgot about this, didn't you? ;) After a delay caused by my neighborhood's internet service going down for two hours, I have completed the latest status check. Sadly, I have had no choice but to kick people out of the project for the first time; Patrick Pineda, PirateNipple, and Coldfusio have all been removed from the roster for missing four status checks in succession. They have been PMed and e-mailed (when possible) to notify them about this.

In addition, ler and Dr. Zin have missed three status checks in a row. They must make their status known in this thread by the start of next month, or they will be dropped from the project. They have also been PMed and e-mailed to notify them about it.

Five people have missed one status check, while two more have missed two in a row. The latter have been notified through PM and e-mail.

The next status check is April 1, 2009. I sincerely hope I won't have to kick any more people off the project for inactivity.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 03-02-09 01:12 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Hey all. Yeah I am still part of this, I also have a backup map unreleased (made for cc2 iirc) if everything fails. So I will stay in tune, so I will see what I can do. I can't give any procent of the current map.

Old Post 03-02-09 20:59 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

My activity has been slowed down recently, because it's nearing the end of the wrestling season and I have qualified for state (and for those who don't know, it's hard to do that in California). Next week though, I have time back on my side.

Old Post 03-03-09 03:34 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

40%

Old Post 03-03-09 03:47 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

AZ here, still around, still finding doom levels to play, and all that.

Old Post 03-04-09 21:00 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Macro11_1

--Posting Screens for March soon!--

Old Post 03-06-09 08:57 #
Macro11_1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

I'm confident that MAP04 is over 90% done, although I still think that some of the parts of the outside area could do with an almost complete redoing.

Any chance of someone perhaps detailing (or at least, improving) these parts for me in case I can't manage it?
(No, this isn't me being lazy, I seriously cannot detail for SHIT.)

Old Post 03-06-09 17:55 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

The wolfenstine section of Glaber base 5 is undergoing editing. No guaranties it won't look as blocky as Wolfenstine, but there will be improvement.

Oh, and if things keep going they way they are in real life, I'm changing the Wolfenstine area to a Washington DC area and replaceing Hitler with Obama.

Last edited by glaber on 03-30-09 at 20:20

Old Post 03-30-09 19:51 #
glaber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
YMB
v2.0

glaber said:
The wolfenstine section of Glaber base 5 is undergoing editing. No guaranties it won't look as blocky as Wolfenstine, but there will be improvement.

Oh, and if things keep going they way they are in real life, I'm changing the Wolfenstine area to a Washington DC area and replaceing Hitler with Obama.

you can't shoot the president!
that is ILLEGAL

Old Post 03-30-09 21:18 #
YMB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

You can't strangle your kid or sibling either yet they still do stuff that make you want to do it. Also for this project I can't replace Ramarro's head. (Things have yet to get that bad IMO anyway)

Old Post 03-30-09 21:57 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

How about we keep retarded attempts at political satire out of CC4? Everyone else agree on that? Good.

Old Post 03-30-09 22:20 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

Fine. Gives me more time to focus on the level structure.

Old Post 03-30-09 23:11 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

For future reference, regardless of the team members' political affiliations, I seriously advise against throwing political references in your levels. Not only is it a stupid thing to do, but such references are guaranteed to be completely dated several years from now.

Y'know, just like memes.

Old Post 03-30-09 23:20 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

I started over! And then I copypasted the entire map to what I started over, and then removed the new parts and renovated what was originally there. Then I undid the renovations. Then I moved a vertice, then moved it back. Then I changed a few textures. Then I changed them back. Then I thought the layout was done, but then I decided it was shitty.

I am having a tough time, I am thinking my level is sucking right now.

Old Post 03-31-09 04:30 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

For the record, I'm still here.

Old Post 03-31-09 05:09 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

Whoops, I forgot to check in. I still have the map sitting on my hard-drive, but haven't had time to work on it for a couple of months.

At this point getting into grad-school is higher priority than CC4, sorry. If the end date isn't ridiculously close (i.e. it is in June or later) I can still get my map done when my workload has cooled off.

Old Post 03-31-09 18:41 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

The current deadline for CC4 is indeed on June 30, 2009, as written in the first post of this thread. It may be extended again depending on the state of the project by the time we get there.

Also, you don't have to apologize. In fact, that's perfectly normal behavior, and a completely legitimate reason for inactivity. Absolutely nothing in the world can justify me getting in the way of someone's education, and I wish you good luck in your endeavors. I still look forward to seeing your level, though!

Old Post 03-31-09 22:13 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

I'm making good progress, I'm working on gameplay, setting up devious traps. When thats done it will need lots of playtesting.

Total progress is around 95% maybe I'll post an few screens.

Old Post 03-31-09 22:16 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

Well, I'm still working on/off with this map. I won't have a problem getting it out on time, but I'll need to see exactly where I am in terms of percentage. When I get a good idea of how far along I am, check my thread for new screens :P

Old Post 03-31-09 23:31 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Macro11_1

Last few weeks of school here, so mapping will be slow or non existant till mid April. Sorry!

Old Post 04-01-09 00:01 #
Macro11_1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy

Uni isn't treating me well, so will hopefully get the map done by this April or May.

Old Post 04-01-09 00:03 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Still trucking along with the texture swapping. No rooms are quite done yet thanks too my sporadic nature, but its getting there.

Also, school and work have taken a toll on me.

Old Post 04-01-09 03:23 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

Still here, but still haven't had anything more to test.

Not looking forward to receiving two dozen maps all inevitably finished one day before the deadline :)

Also #cchest seems to have died which is a bit sad.

Old Post 04-01-09 08:39 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Dr. Zin said:
Whoops, I forgot to check in. I still have the map sitting on my hard-drive, but haven't had time to work on it for a couple of months.

Really glad to see you're still in the game.

Old Post 04-01-09 16:19 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alice Jameson
Mini-Member

I'm here. Waiting to get any maps or something to test...

Old Post 04-01-09 18:33 #
Alice Jameson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote