Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 2 (Next Status Check: Dec. 1 2010)
Pages (14): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pcorf

My map is slowly progressing. But the progress will speed up once WOS is released.

Old Post 09-01-09 17:56 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alice Jameson
Mini-Member

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I've been really busy. RL stuff. I have been working on my map still. Mostly just fixing parts and adding details.

Old Post 09-01-09 19:26 #
Alice Jameson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Last month, several people missed the status check once. One, Dr. Zin, has missed it twice; another, Nancy, has missed it three times, and is thus in danger of being dropped. Regrettably, because he missed the status check four times in a row, Searcher has been dismissed from the project. He has been replaced in the MAP27 slot by lareman, the earliest entry in the reservations list. All people named here have been notified about their respective situations.

Although I won't forget about the project's existence, I recognize that I will need to focus more attention on my academic pursuits; thus, there will be less time to spend on working on my entry, complicated by the fact that the previously-mentioned wipe of my hard drive destroyed my original entry for MAP14. Whenever I have screenshots for its replacement which are presentable, I will make a new topic for it.

In any case, let's keep it going, people!

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 09-01-09 19:37 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

I've been pretty idle with my map lately, mostly because of my math classes. I hate math so I try to put all my attention towards that and tend to forget about a lot of other things. Now it's just one of those things, whenever I think about getting the map done, I don't have time, and whenever I have time, I'm not thinking about the map. But I might be able to work on it tomorrow, but I'll have to see what happens.

One thing about the map that has me kind of stalled is I'm not too sure about the placement of the monsters. For instance, do I want to take a suspenseful route and lead the player into the map first and then unleash all hell like in Doom 3? OR, do I want to take a traditional route and just have the player start off in a balls-to-the-wall, monster killing fest?

Old Post 09-08-09 04:08 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

Hey gang!

My map is fucking huge. I'm still working.

Old Post 09-10-09 22:53 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

I've decided to scrap my current map because I ran out of ideas... it only had a few rooms but I didn't know where it was heading to.

With WOS out of the way I can refresh my mind. I'll start on a brand new map soon and will hopefully make a really big level aiming for around 10,000 linedefs. This may also be my final map.

Old Post 09-17-09 03:14 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

pcorf said:
This may also be my final map.

No!

Old Post 09-17-09 21:39 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

He said that with WoS. He'll still be around.

Old Post 09-18-09 13:53 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

Its a day of tragedy and triumph.

I'm dropping out for good because I have run out of ideas completely and worry that my map is going to be too much copy and paste. WOS had a bit of copy and paste and repetitiveness and I think that is because my ideas are starting to get drained out.

Somebody else can have my MAP19 slot. I'm finished from map designing and really need to move on with life. Still I will play Doom, will just make no more levels. I've got other things to do these days to be honest.

Paul's Deathmatch is an unfinished DM megawad that I was also working on and I may release it soon. Its 12 levels complete.

Old Post 09-19-09 14:19 #
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Checking in as always, testing maps and all.

Old Post 09-19-09 15:00 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Macro11_1

Checking in, my map progress has ground to a near halt. Just dealing with school right now :P.

I am still working though.

Old Post 10-01-09 07:41 #
Macro11_1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Heya,
My map is done. I only have minor fixes to do, and then it will be ready. Just tell me when and where, and it will be committed.

Edit : Oh and there is this map slot change thingy. I really need a Hell slot. So basically I should wait before committing maybe.

Last edited by [WH]-Wilou84 on 10-01-09 at 09:39

Old Post 10-01-09 09:34 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

Checking in. Still working, although schol is impeding progress. Expect to be done within a month or two.

Old Post 10-01-09 14:32 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today's status check has resulted in the removal of a playtester. scorpion has been dropped from the project for missing four status checks in a row. In his place is printz, who requested to be a playtester a few days before. All parties have been PMed and e-mailed (if possible.)

Also, Dr. Zin has missed three status checks in a row, and a whole slew of people (Cadman, DrKelexo, Nebula-Kristian, Nuxius, stewboy, TheeXile, and Torn) have missed two. Given that school began quite recently, I suppose this was inevitable. Nevertheless, all parties have been PMed and e-mailed (if possible) to inform them about their status. Please check the list and let me know your current status.

In any case, let's keep the work going, people!

Old Post 10-01-09 17:31 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

The Green Herring said:
scorpion
(Nvm the PM question, now I saw)

The Green Herring said:
Given that school began quite recently, I suppose this was inevitable.
Heh, for me school started right now that I requested :) But I have plenty of free time and Doom is good for your health, so yeah.

Last edited by printz on 10-01-09 at 19:48

Old Post 10-01-09 19:20 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Zin

My life is really busy right now, but I am still trying to map.

Old Post 10-01-09 21:05 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stewboy

I'd have posted my status, but I didn't know how to without making myself look like the laziest person alive.
My map is still...the same as before. Quite probably, I'll end up fixing bugs and submitting the map the day before the deadline. That's what usually happens.

Old Post 10-01-09 22:16 #
stewboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nebula-Kristian

I've got my map done and sent to both of Green Herring's emails and to all of the beta-testers, too already 2 months ago. I thought everything was ok before getting notifications about not updating. I haven't really looked what's been happening here after, so... I'll probably do some minor fixes to my map when I've got time, there wasn't much to change after beta-testing results.

SO: map status, 100%!

Old Post 10-01-09 23:15 #
Nebula-Kristian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Oh, bugger. Me and Mek have been doing other things. :S

/me grabs a nearby electric cattle prod and marches off to Mechadon's house

Last edited by Jimmy on 10-02-09 at 16:03

Old Post 10-02-09 15:57 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

Still working.

Old Post 10-03-09 17:14 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

Didn't have an internet connection for a few weeks, but there were no maps to be tested in my absence. Just checking in.

Old Post 10-03-09 17:29 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alice Jameson
Mini-Member

Sorry for lack of posting. I've been kinda busy lately with the start of school. I'm still here and willing to test in my free time. Also I have been continuing work on my map to fix some of the things other testers have commented on. XP

Old Post 10-09-09 20:28 #
Alice Jameson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

Eh yeah.. um.. *cough* so yeah my map's done. Sent to de testers.

Old Post 10-16-09 05:11 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Still testing maps, having fun, and checking in as usual

Old Post 10-17-09 22:08 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

I haven't given much thought to my second map yet, but do still intend to do it. Though I need to do NaNoWriMo next month, which will likely slow me down for Dooming.

Old Post 10-25-09 20:46 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

School has gotten a hold of me, but I am still progressing.

Old Post 10-26-09 13:19 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

I am still regularly browsing the forums, but college and parallel interests have taken more of me than I bargained for, so I'm only occasionally ever playing Doom. Still here, though, before you 'AT' me.

Old Post 11-01-09 12:11 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

No word from Mek since we spoke last month. As I understand it, he's got Vega-and-RL-related stuff kicking him upside the butt at the moment. Can't yet be sure if he'll be able to find time enough before the deadline to complete Suburbia.

He's made some progress on it (that he's shown me), but I may have to look for someone else who can detail the last few areas of my map that need a little bit more TLC.

Old Post 11-01-09 15:31 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Heya,
Almost ready to send the final version of my map.

Old Post 11-01-09 17:50 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today's check has yielded four people who have missed three status checks in a row. They are Cadman, TheeXile, Nuxius and Torn. All have been e-mailed.

Five more have missed two in a row. They're Kirby, lupinx-Kassman, Dreadopp, The Ultimate DooMer and TheMionicDonut. All of them have been e-mailed about it as well. In regards to TUD: If you haven't gotten a response from playtesters in a long time, try sending your level to them again.

A few more have missed one status check, and should check in ASAP. At this point, though, I want to take suggestions as to how to speed up production. I would not like for this to become another NDCP or NDCP2... or, even worse, another Mordeth. You guys have any thoughts?

Old Post 11-01-09 19:31 #