Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Titlepics etc.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheMionicDonut

Who is going to be the one behind this?

Just out of curiosity. (Im terrible at computer art so don't take this as an offer quite yet, unless you are into MS Paint)

Old Post 02-11-09 00:59 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

I am not sure (no one has volunteered yet!). However, something I would like to see in the titlepic or at least in the M_DOOM graphic, is the come back of the old community chest logo from the first community chest megawad.

Old Post 02-11-09 06:21 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

Perhaps, that CC logo from CC1 could be 'modernised', it would look pretty cool if it had a better structure and texture.

Old Post 02-11-09 06:41 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
t.v.

well, I could make a titlepic if needed. I made the original logo and wouldn't mind updating it either.

But last time I made a titlepic for Community Chest was replaced and it seemed like a waste of time. So what I'm saying is: I would like to make a picture, but I am not going to participate in contest.

(BTW: I also made the titlepic for Plutonia 2).

Old Post 02-11-09 13:23 #
t.v. is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TomoAlien

Well, i tried. There are the results:

M_DOOM graphic:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4868/mdoompngnk2.png

Titlepic:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3553/titlepicpnggm7.png

What do you think about them? I would like to know.

Edit:

M_DOOM without 4:
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4097/mdoomno4pp3.png

Number 4 was written in font Jokerman.

Last edited by TomoAlien on 02-11-09 at 14:12

Old Post 02-11-09 13:47 #
TomoAlien is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord_Z

I really like them, especially the M_DOOM one. Obviously the white background would need to be changed but it's a good start.

Old Post 02-11-09 14:07 #
Lord_Z is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Where's the chest, or any box, for that matter? All I see is two blades, like you're going after the murderer who took the box (with cadavers) with 'im.

Old Post 02-11-09 17:03 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TomoAlien

printz said:
Where's the chest, or any box, for that matter? All I see is two blades, like you're going after the murderer who took the box (with cadavers) with 'im.

These blades are from the original CC logo, but recolored. And there was no chest in the first one. Someone suggested to go with the logo of the first one.

Old Post 02-11-09 17:16 #
TomoAlien is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

I like the blades as the insignia, but the titlepic needs something to go in the background. The white is a bit too bland and could use some spicing up (maybe put a chest there?)

Old Post 02-12-09 01:52 #
Kirby is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

Yeah, what Kirby said.

You could make the C blades to be some sort of badge on the chest, like a typical skull on a pirates chest.

Old Post 02-12-09 02:24 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

The entire thing looks really blurry in the full picture version.

Old Post 02-12-09 02:33 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dreadopp

esselfortium said:
The entire thing looks really blurry in the full picture version.

I agree with this, but it does look pretty cool. :)

Old Post 02-12-09 22:02 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

I really like the logo, but the other things could be done better.

Old Post 02-13-09 01:41 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
t.v.

I couldn't resist and made this last night :-).
It's obviously not finished yet...

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/46/l_f49f4eca561c468cac36ca6d92c644d6.jpg

if the picture doesn't show click here.

It's a futuristic 'chest' with '32 slots', just like the project :-).

Old Post 02-13-09 09:59 #
t.v. is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

Lol, That's pretty clever, cool too. The chest looks awesome. Hope the soon-to-be-background goes well with it. :)

Old Post 02-13-09 12:12 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Now it looks like a plasma gun power cell, lol.

But not bad. Plasma rifles are the strength of Doom. Very good.

Old Post 02-14-09 20:27 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
t.v.

I finished it:
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/49/l_9ce25e5ea25b483c99845a806e40db81.jpg

if it doesn't show click here

It's in the right size and palette for Doom.
I hope you guys like it enough to use it :-)

Old Post 02-16-09 13:17 #
Joshy
Forum Regular

:O. Awesome...

Old Post 02-16-09 13:24 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

The design looks great! I'm not quite sure whether I like the font used for the CC4 name itself, though.

Old Post 02-16-09 17:43 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Yeah, that's great. I love it when people with talent show up. No offense to earlier contributors.

Old Post 02-16-09 18:04 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Something tells me that a couple of Doom marines should be crouched either side of the chest. :P

Old Post 02-16-09 18:15 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

@T.V.: I'm lovin' it. I'm not sure about the title screen font, myself, but I'm liking the image itself. I just hope it'll be available for the compilation as something other than a grainy JPEG. D:

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 02-16-09 18:32 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Christoph

I really like this design too! The words/font look fine at a glance, though I wouldn't be opposed to experimenting with other styles, or embellishing that one (perhaps make it look more metal/military-ish?) Or some silvery/rusted metallic or something. Maybe put some bullet holes in the letters? Just some random suggestions...

Old Post 02-16-09 19:11 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Christoph

One random, not-entirely-relevant detail I just noticed that may need adjusting is that the circles on the bottom of the lid don't match with the ones in the chest.

Old Post 02-16-09 19:14 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

t.v. said:
I finished it:
[IMG]
It's in the right size and palette for Doom.
I hope you guys like it enough to use it :-)

Totally f-ing awesome. This more than makes up for you getting booted on CC3's title screen, which I still don't like.

Old Post 02-16-09 20:15 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Christoph said:
One random, not-entirely-relevant detail I just noticed that may need adjusting is that the circles on the bottom of the lid don't match with the ones in the chest.

There are 24 of them -- subliminal influence from the 32-in-24 series? :P

Old Post 02-16-09 22:39 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

Wow t.v. that is really superb! I hope to see it used.

Old Post 02-17-09 00:03 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

Christoph said:

Actually, I think the holes are all there. If you look closely, the holes on the lid match the 2 middle rows of holes in the middle. If I am not mistaken the other holes are hidden on the side because the lid is open and part of the lid comes down the side of the chest.

Old Post 02-17-09 00:09 #
Kirby is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Christoph

Kirby said:

Actually, I think the holes are all there. If you look closely, the holes on the lid match the 2 middle rows of holes in the middle. If I am not mistaken the other holes are hidden on the side because the lid is open and part of the lid comes down the side of the chest.

You may have a good point there. In that case the slightly inaccurate shape threw me off (unless it IS technically accurate, and I am the victim of an optical illusion). I don't mean to make a big deal out of it, especially if t.v. already went through all the work of making it that nice already, but I couldn't leave it unmentioned after I noticed it. I leave it up to him, being the artist who's already done a good job, and I trust his judgment more than my own on this matter.

Old Post 02-17-09 05:07 #
glaber

Font reminds me of Commander Keen.

That's a good thing.

Old Post 02-17-09 06:05 #
glaber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote