Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > My old maps!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tungsai

Hey dudes!

So- I have these old Doom 2 maps that I spent DOZENS of hours on way back in... oh about 1995 or so. My co-workers and I got into a discussion regarding old games and the subject of Doom 2 came up. I mentioned that I had spent many many (50-75 hours) creating several Doom 2 maps. I re-visited them, fixed a couple things I noticed, and zipped them up & sent them off to my co-workers.

One guy running Linux happened to use Free Doom to test the maps, and they seemed to work pretty well! So... I'm throwing this out there: Should I submit my maps for review? and should I start play-testing them in Free Doom?

They were playtested in single, / co-op / deathmatch back in the day but, I don't know how free doom would act.

Old Post 04-24-09 19:35 #
tungsai is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
tungsai

--- tricks.wad -----------------------

Tricks and Traps - Tungsai Edition

Lots of secret doors, hidden areas, and of course... tricks & traps. Finding the exit might not be so easy. Good for deathmatch.

--- cthulhu.wad ----------------------

The Wrath of Cthulhu

Epic-level outdoor & indoor map. Three keys and three switches, each guarded in a separate fortress, are your only way to escape the madness. Raise the center platform to freedom.

--- fortress.wad ---------------------

Citadel of Doom

You start in an octagonal room, in a massive complex. Doors lead in many directions. Your goal is to locate the "Citadel of Doom", the structure which houses your exit point. Getting there won't be easy. you must fight your way through many different areas, searching for the 3 keys that will finally admit you into the fortress. Choose your path wisely, or you may find yourself more than you bargained for.

Old Post 04-24-09 19:37 #
tungsai is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
glaber

You need to sign up. look at the stickies

Old Post 04-25-09 03:09 #
glaber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

glaber said:
You need to sign up. look at the stickies

I don't believe it is his intention to sign up, and this may simply have been accidentally posted here as opposed to wads and mods.

As for the maps in mention themselves, perhaps you should link some downloads to them in this thread so we can see for ourselves? Or at least some screenshots.

Old Post 04-25-09 17:20 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
tungsai

Yes my intention IS to join! sorry, not privy to all the decorum and processes of becoming an accepted member of this community.

OK- I'll post a link to the maps soon.

I discovered a problem with one of the maps; I'll separate them out of the .zip and post up to my web site.

I have not playtested them in free doom. Right now my time is getting taken by studying for the MCITP so that has to come first. (And my 1 year old kid who needs constant supervision as well!)

I'll post here when I get the files up.

TUNGSAI
()xxx[]::::::::::::::::>

Old Post 04-26-09 16:18 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Screenshots are enough imo, letting people download maps that are possibly going to be included in CC4 isn't an good idea.

Or pm certain CC4 members an link to your maps.

Old Post 04-26-09 19:05 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dr. Zin

At this point you'll be getting on the waiting list, as all slots are currently filled. Usually several people drop at the end of the project, so if you are still interested it is likely there will be open slots then. As Dutch said, freely giving out maps to be included in a CC project before the project's release is frowned upon. If you want to have team-members review your maps PM the beta-testers listed in this thread.

Also, if the maps were last worked on in 1995 you might want to go back and update them, as the expectations of the community have increased considerably since then.

Last edited by Dr. Zin on 04-26-09 at 19:20

Old Post 04-26-09 19:14 #
Dr. Zin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote